A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,908
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 328609 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cardigan
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2008 07:15:15 AM »

So heres another one that came together really creepily.
The book is called 'texas tramp' I scribbled out the texas bit, 'cause Ive always liked the word tramp.
I reach into my box and pull out...THE PICTURE IN THE TOP CORNER. No joke, first piece of paper I pull out is a naked woman. The next I pull out is...another naked woman. I pulled her off the page though. Next came the cigarette, whats trampier than a ciggy I ask you?
Then came the little ballerina girl, so I decided to make her be 'dreaming' of being, pretty much a whore when she grows up, because that is basically what the little girls i see these days becoming.
I then wrote the text 'she dreams of nights spent on her back in sleazy, smokey motel rooms. In a few years her dreams will...come true ballerina'
I'm not so sure about the text though, or this whole page in general.
Like I said, 1.30am was bound to be a failure.
The picture:

Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2008 08:35:35 AM »

I had another Idea for Phizzy's blank page... try using text! Cheesy It's perfectly framed for any sort of text you might want to use, handwritten or otherwise. And I know you say you want to try out this word thing. It's the perfect page for it, even if you don't do it right away.

Cardigan - Sometimes the best things happen in the wee hours of the morning. I like where your page is going. I totally agree with it seeming like little girls are going out of their way to grow up way too young. Unfortunately a lot of them seem to think growing up means being scantily clad, caking their faces with makeup, and getting into situations with guys I wasn't even the least bit interested in at that age.

That being said, it looks like it's missing something. Maybe if the reddish background were a little darker, without starting to feel angry as red so often does, it would help. I can see where the thought bubbles are, but they really aren't having the impact they deserve.

... I need a big box of awesome paper scraps to pull from. ;_;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cardigan
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2008 08:40:10 AM »

Danni, thanks for everything you said.
The background is darker than it is in the photo, the flash washed it out quite a bit.
I agree with you on the thought bubbles, what i wanted to d was cut out lots of bubbles in different shades of blue, but its dark and i'm tired and a million other excuses. I will probably do it at a more normal time! I deffinatly will be adding a lot to this page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2008 08:50:43 AM »

cardigan: I love the story behind that page! I love the placing of the little girl at the bottom and then the big old faggy hand with the naked lady looking on. I think that works so well, and to my eyes makes the little girl look kind of submissive, which kind of goes along with the story. Smiley

I had another Idea for Phizzy's blank page... try using text! Cheesy It's perfectly framed for any sort of text you might want to use, handwritten or otherwise. And I know you say you want to try out this word thing. It's the perfect page for it, even if you don't do it right away.

Yeah, I really should try it! Cheesy I might play cutting some words out and see where it takes me. I'll also mix in some of the stars and circles so they're intermingled, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2008 09:44:24 AM »

Cardigan
The text I highlighted from the actual pages reads
-The Truth, there was a little fear in me, a...a little dark bud of panic. A fear of what?
-saddest
-worked so hard on believing the lies they tell, that lies have become the only truth they know
-so thin. Bit worrying
-safely on the other side.
-one or two disasters
-never wanted to jump over that stream
-really hurt myself
-ask myself if I really thought I could reach the other side even if I did my very best.

The extra text I added from articles reads
-she doesnt want to love like this
-its about accepting that theres pain with growth and change
-now you gotta deal with who you really are and sometimes its not a pretty picture
-people have got to want the help and when they want it they will find you
-I hated myself

I like your page I think the idea behind it is sad but true. It does look a bit empty though...maybe some more bubbles?

Phizzy I definitely think stars, circles and words are the way to go. Do you have any magazines cos theyre great for words. Recipe cards also have nice pictures and titles with nice large fonts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
cardigan
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2008 09:47:53 AM »

That text goes really well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2008 10:02:45 AM »

Those words are great Gemcraft!

I've found two magazines...a homes & gardens and a national geographic! This could be an interesting experiment! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2008 11:45:34 AM »

Thanks guys - I had ear-marked those pages for that subject WITHOUT reading them first and couldnt believe how much there was which could fit the subject, then the extras from magazines as well.

Phizzy - i look forward to seeing your words, as you can see sometimes i like to use them in context and sometimes out of context!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2008 03:51:44 PM »

A few words...

Thinking new persectives.
see how you're doing
on the wings of
the albatros
creating the future.

A road without end.

Sadly nothing on that tag circle yet Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2008 04:46:31 PM »

That looks fabulous! Maybe the lined circle should just stay blank...It seems so confining to have to write in that little space, staying inside the lines, when everything else is so free-flowing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mikey Likes It!
How to Make Beef Stew
Eggs Benedict Casserole Recipe
Creativity in the Kitchen: How to Make Pancake Characters
3 Meals That Will Bring You Luck in the New Year
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...