A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
410 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 311281 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2008 12:31:25 PM »

AQ - Your atcs are beautiful! That link was also really helpful. I'm going to have to try that out.

Gem - I love the white spaces in your backgrounds. I feel this compulsive need to cover the page with colour. Your peek-a-boo felting page is also pretty incredible. I love the mix of texture. Maybe I'll have to experiment with some of your techniques.

Phizzy - I Am head over heels for those wings and those stocking legs! Can't wait to see those pages finished, as well as your yellow page.

I finished my blue and violet page (I skipped indigo because I wanted an even 6 pages...  Roll Eyes) over the weekend. I'll post the pictures later, when I get home from work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2008 01:03:16 PM »

Yeah I know what you mean. I painted up my violet page and I think I'm going to have to make it a double page, otherwise it'll look a bit strange. Cheesy

I love the wings and legs too, they're one of my favourite things to use. Check out the Teesha Moore website (where the images are from), she makes some incredible journals and collage sheets! Lot's of inspiration! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2008 01:13:38 PM »

Gosh I love Teesha Moore.  Another one of my art-idols  Smiley  I have some socks just like that, they are my favorite.  If I could get a pair of wings like that, I would wear them too.

I also like seeing some white or uncluttered space and how that can work out nicely.  I just don't know when to stop sometimes and keep piling on so many layers, which is fine but I tend to forget that it's not necessary.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2008 01:22:28 PM »

I have some b&w tights like that too Cheesy I blame Tim Burton for getting me hooked on stripes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2008 01:47:54 PM »

I have some b&w tights like that too Cheesy I blame Tim Burton for getting me hooked on stripes!

Me too! He also got me hooked on swirls, and things which are dark. I love him. <3

That Teesha Moore site is amazing. :O
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2008 02:45:43 PM »

Here are my newest pages and the end of my rainbow. Don't worry! I'm not going to disappear now!

Oddly enough, these are my two favourite colours.

If anyone wants to see any of my pages a bit larger, you can check them out in my Flickr set.

Click!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2008 03:04:31 PM »

Very nice! I love the corner with the lady and the stripey semi-circle, it finishes off the corner so well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2008 03:11:12 PM »

I like the waves, and all things swirly as well.
Yay for b&w stripey socks and tights!  We can pick each other out in a crowd now. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
Gemcraft
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2008 03:19:38 PM »

Danni - loving the lady with the stripey dress, and the textures with the ribbons.
What are people doing next then? I like the layers in my rainbow pages but I am going to try and do some with more spaces in them too.

Im still working on mine. Yellow page was supposed to be done but i might do it again, it didnt really work and its very mucky....I think I should have collaged and then drawn the banana on in pen or something? Any thoughts?
Then a nice green page, no blue yet and a fun purple one. (anyone with kids will know what TV program I was watching today!!)

In real life the yellow page looks worse and the purple one better - the photo isnt very clear but the little girl (Lola) is drawn in silver pen on a clear envelope window.

P.S. Im loving doing this - I am finding the journalling great fun and theraputic and this thread is realy inspiring and full of good ideas as well as being sociable...but...does anyone else find it really nerve-wracking posting things? I always worry everytime i post a page, what do people think? what will people say? Will they mean what they say? why is my style different? should it be the same?
Anyone else get nervous?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008 03:34:57 PM by Gemcraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2008 03:56:30 PM »

I don't have kids, but I recognise Lola! I have a few of the books, I love charlie & Lola! Cheesy

I can see what you mean about the banana, could you make it stand out with ink perhaps? Or block out the text slightly so it stands out? That page looks like it's quite textured, especially that top left, is that tissue paper? I have some squares of that I keep meaning to try and use.

I love the green page with the swirls bordering it.

does anyone else find it really nerve-wracking posting things? I always worry everytime i post a page, what do people think? what will people say? Will they mean what they say? why is my style different? should it be the same?
Anyone else get nervous?

Yep, but I figure if I wasn't nervous about posting then it would mean I probably didn't care about my work...so it's good to be nervous Cheesy

Art is personal and subjective thing, especially in journalling when you're making entries that may be personal to you. At the end of the day I figure that if I like it I'm happy, if other people say nice things too, well that's a bonus! I really like the fact that we all have different styles and therefore different inspiration and advice to offer. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Traditional Baked Easter Ham
How to Make Corn Dogs
How to Make Corn Chowder
How to Make Deep Fried Beer
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with an Iron
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...