A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 328164 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2008 04:27:17 PM »

Ooo! Those links look neat. I may have to try some of that out. I don't mind my handwriting, but getting lettering in there in other ways could be great.

I've been home alone all afternoon, so I had time to scan my yellow and green pages as well. Smiley

(It seems Phizzy and I both think of little dragon friends when we think of green Cheesy)

This time I tried something a little bit different and had the colours impose on each other. To me, yellow is a happy, vibrant and rejuvenating colour, while green is a lot more soothing. When the two are next to each other though, all I can think of is flowers!

Also... I really really like birds... so a Canary found his way into this spread. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2008 04:37:08 PM »

I was wondering if anyone would find a cool way to do a banana, and you did! I love the mix of media you've used and the little canary perched on those leaves...and of course I love the dragon! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2008 05:40:55 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm enjoying this thread - beautiful work, everyone!

I've done the contact paper transfer method before - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Here's a link to some of my ATCs - the sixth one down (Japanese Kids) used contact paper. The japanese text you see as a "background" is actually a contact paper overlay. As you can see, some areas of the contact paper picked up the image better than others (I probably just didn't rub hard enough with the spoon), but that worked well for what I was trying to achieve with this ATC.

http://asphaltqueenatc.blogspot.com/

And here's a website that details how to do it. Hmmm, it says to wait at least two hours - maybe that's why mine hardly ever turn out the way I want.   Roll Eyes   (Sorry if the website is a double-post, I didn't click on the previous links)
http://karenswhimsy.com/play/image-transfer.htm

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2008 08:35:58 PM »

AsphaltQueen - I really like your ATC's. I like that other website, too.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2008 10:12:05 PM »

Thanks for the link AQ! I love your girrafly ATC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2008 07:59:39 AM »

Wow  theres so much going on in this thread now

Thanks for all the info on transfer methods I have just got to wait now until I have some time to try them!! Maybe after the rainbow?

Danni I love your pages, I love using my acrylics but I think I am going to try some where the writing shows through a bit more like in these.  My favourite bit is at the top of the Orange page where that triangle looks almost like it is another orange page behind it. Oh and the coloured swirls on both backgrounds. Seems to beat me to using a banana as yellow but I might do one anyway! Whats the strip down the side of the green page? Looks like painted kitchen roll...but good.

Asphalt love your ATCs Im trying to do some to swap and some to incorporate into my journal I just found a whole load of sample packs for different card types which are a little bigger than ATCs so a little cutting down and then im ready!

Here is my progress so far - yellow, green and blue backgrounds which need work doing on them

And my felting piece which i put in a hole in another page so you can see it through from the previous page (both not finished)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2008 09:19:36 AM »

Gemcraft, I love the idea of the "peek-a-boo" page! That felt work looks so cool coming through like that - kinda makes me think of moss on a tree...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2008 02:12:36 PM »

Gemcraft - Interesting stuff. Here I was thinking of just plain old saturation of color, but you broke yours up. This is exactly why I'm reading this thread, to help me break out of my need to be... boring!
So there was a shindig at a local Learning Center. I usually pass up on these things. Mostly for families... They had two big boxes like 4'x4'x3' full of books for the taking. Old library books, donations to the Food Band, etc. I can't pass up books. Especially FREE books!!! So I looked specifically for a book for this craft-along. How does "Scandalous Risks" sound? Love the title! plus I got some books to read. Imagine that!
Next Sat the Public Library is having a shindig. More books!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2008 02:33:41 AM »

I like your different backgrounds Gemcraft. I seem to be sticking to the same type at the moment. Maybe it's time to try some new things! I can't wait to see them develop!

Really love the felted pages, especially the window through to the felted page! That's given me lots of inspiration too. If I can find a small book to alter, I might have a go at using windows to gradually reveal more and more of the final page, throughout the whole book. That might be a fun project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: June 09, 2008 11:23:19 AM »

Here's a peek at my in-progress blue & indigo pages. I'm trying out my new scanner so it may not be the best picture!

I'll give a description when I've finished it properly.

I need to get another picture of my yellow too, since that's finished now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hack Your On-Board Flash
High Speed Photography
Group Portrait Photography Tips
Preventing or Removing Red Eye
Stop Motion Digital Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...