A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 304833 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #980 on: August 20, 2008 04:06:48 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the checking up PMs. Though I feel the loss for everyone involved, I am gratefull that no one I know was involved in the tragic air crash in Madrid today.

Smuckers9, fantastic Shakespeare page, I love it all!

I don't think there are any words to adequately describe your necklace bushbaby! Shocked Definitely a work of art!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: August 20, 2008 06:25:06 PM »

ohhhh Phizzy....your in Spain!  oh man...tragic stuff....seems like life got the best of most of us huh?  I can't wait to just focus on my journal...I myself found myself in 5 swaps and 4 personal ones and suddenly your like...."whaaaaa" fun..but catches up to you....I need to do something for me though now....and my journal is just for me...oh and all my altered journal fab friends! Cheesy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #982 on: August 21, 2008 02:54:41 AM »

And we can't wait to see it! Grin

This was a page I did last week, because the week before I kept finding bits of game around the streets. First the Pictionary card, then the Monopoly money, then the bingo card. I tend to pick a lot of stuff up off the street, but never usually so many game parts in such short a time. So last week we took this random advice and played board games! Cheesy

So, just a simple page to record my street finds:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008 02:55:40 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #983 on: August 21, 2008 07:06:36 AM »

Smuckers - cool page - its interesting to see where the connections title took people.
Bushbaby - nice necklace - I hope you get accepted.
Phizzy - I love the little planty doodles bottom left (O:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #984 on: August 21, 2008 02:47:09 PM »

Phizzy I love your random finds and as usual, I am insanely jealous! Try as I might, I never find anything neat laying around. Cheesy I like the random flower you threw in with your trees and tea.

Here are the other 4 pages I've been promising since I got back from camping.

I did this while in the tent, in the middle of the night, by flash light. So the sunshine is a lie. Smiley

These are things we did while camping. I'm terrible at chess, but I love s'mores! Mmmm...
Anyway, the background is blocked off in spaces by white acrylic (watered down) and then coloured with watercolour. The painting on the chess page is black watercolour, and the s'more page is a collage. The stamps I used I got in the mini whimsy swamp. Smiley

and lastly.. a random page with nothing what-so-ever to do with camping, even though I worked on it while I was there:

I aged this photo with watercolour, since my printer decided it needed to be purple. Even though my printer is almost out of blue and black inks! *grumble* I'm happy with it though!

The words down the side say 'postcards~letters~stamps~telegraphs' and the background is a big stamp of the world map. I think she looked like a performer in an old time travelling circus, so I tried to theme the page towards that.

In the lower corner on that tiny tag, there just might be a 4 year old self portrait. Maybe. Cheesy

Also, I have my words picked out but I don't know if I'll get a page done by tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008 02:48:57 PM by DanniQuee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #985 on: August 22, 2008 03:21:38 AM »

Thanks, the trees and tea just sneaked in there Cheesy

Great pages! I have no idea what a s'more is...looks like a sort of marshmallow though? And they are fantastic warmed over a fire!

I really love your chess page, it's really effective with the pieces and writing. I've never learned to play chess, I really should one of these days. Love your random page too, the photo is awesome. I'm curious about you adding yourself to a circus page. Do you have hidden juggling or trapeze skills? Cheesy Grin

Still finishing my Friday page, just one or two things left to do... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #986 on: August 22, 2008 04:57:40 AM »

Danni - what a creative camping trip!! Great pages

I forgot it was Friday - and I did my page LAST Friday when I chose my words so no excuse for not posting sooner

My themes which I chose randomly were apples and automaton and I thought I would try some single colour pages. I'm hoping someone other than me used to have to do this at school cos if not you will all be VERY bemused but its what came into my mind! - its an adding machine. We used to get given them and fill in the blanks either the starting number of objects, the function of the machine or the finishing number of objects.

I also did these at the same time.

And I will leave it up to you to work out what this one is
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008 05:15:51 AM by Gemcraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #987 on: August 22, 2008 06:40:13 AM »

Great pages! I have no idea what a s'more is...looks like a sort of marshmallow though? And they are fantastic warmed over a fire!

I'm curious about you adding yourself to a circus page. Do you have hidden juggling or trapeze skills? Cheesy Grin

A s'more is a toasted marshmallow smooshed between two graham crackers along with a piece of chocolate. And they are delicious. Cheesy

As for me on my travelling circus page, it was an old time style photo I had taken, I'm wearing a neat hat that I had to crop to make the photo fit the tag, and I just thought the colours went well and I had been avoiding any actual photos of myself in my journal so far.  Roll Eyes I WISH I had trapeze skills! I used to juggle when I was younger, but I've fallen out of practice. I should start up again. Smiley

Gem, I never used on of those adding machines but I understand the explanation of it. Your illustration of it is adorable! I like that you used a single colour for each page as well. I really love the background on the star page.

I'm sad to say though, after looing at it for quite a while, I have no idea what the third page is.. the center part of it kind of reminds me of an apple core. I must have apples on the brain! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #988 on: August 22, 2008 07:49:06 AM »

I don't have much time so I'm just going to say that all the pages are great, will comment on them when I get home from work. I still haven't done my pages for this week or last week, but I will!  Smiley  I've just been working on altered labels for the swap and I haven't had time. They'll be going in the mail tomorrow so I'm going to try and work on them this weekend... so do we have a theme for next week or are we still working off the list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: August 22, 2008 07:54:17 AM »

ooh neat puzzle...hmm. Is it two people kissing? It kind of looks like their brains are shared by two upside down people kissing too.

This relates to the tragic events on Wednesday when 1534 Sad new stars were created. My thoughts have been about life and death these last few days.

Automated dragonfly. Are wind-up things an automaton?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2008 03:18:58 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How to Rosin the Violin Bow
Dynamics on Violin
Learn Hot Cross Buns on Violin
Learn to Play the G Major Scale in Violin
Keeping Elbow Still When Playing Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...