A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,804
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 304891 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #960 on: August 16, 2008 10:28:47 AM »

Rio....niiiiihiiii hiiiiice!  very cool. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #961 on: August 16, 2008 11:44:10 AM »

Rio_Supreme - Wow! Those eyes are wild. I really like the way you put the visual journal in there. Great start.
The language looks Greek to me.  Grin but seriously it could be German. I've only used Babelfish once a long time ago. You might be able to try typing the words into it and find out if one of our viewers is unable to translate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
cherryrose
« Reply #962 on: August 16, 2008 11:54:38 AM »

the language is Dutch and it says: pocket dictionary of medical science

hope that helps! nice pages by the way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
panthermoon
« Reply #963 on: August 16, 2008 06:21:09 PM »

Beautiful pages everyone!  Everybody did wonderful  work as usual.  Smiley  I've missed a few days so there's so much to see Cheesy

I don't have a connections page done yet, I ended up with other plans this week and didn't have time. I do have an idea, so hopefully in a few days.

My words for next week are rain & feelings. I thought at first that might be easy, but now I'm starting to wonder if it really is.  Roll Eyes

Rio_Supreme that's a little book! great first page
  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #964 on: August 17, 2008 11:08:21 AM »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I think this thread is gonna be good for me  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: August 17, 2008 03:26:55 PM »

Hey Everyone...
Finally getting around to commenting! and questioning Cheesy

Phizzy- I love your page... The Background is really lovely and i like the earths,  :Dits very creative and it all fits together nicely...
Gem- I love the tree! Very organic and i like where the theme "connections" took you....i never would have thought of that!
DanniQuee- I love the newts! They are so bright and simply adorable! And i like that you colored in the berries with berries... After Phizzy mentioned her camping trip with only using nature to fill up the sketch book it had been something i've wanted to do!
Rio_Supreme- I love your little book so cute! I wish more and more my book was in a different language like  yours. I also love the eyes!

I also have a quick question, when you all first started was it difficult for you to find your style? I'm not quite sure if that makes sense.. Like when you first started your books was it hard to "ruin" a book it feels so strange and i am not really using the sort of styles i usually use. I dont know if its the new medium (the old book) or my stressful summer? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #966 on: August 18, 2008 12:00:50 AM »

I also have a quick question, when you all first started was it difficult for you to find your style? I'm not quite sure if that makes sense.. Like when you first started your books was it hard to "ruin" a book it feels so strange and i am not really using the sort of styles i usually use. I dont know if its the new medium (the old book) or my stressful summer? Huh

funny you should mention that - asked that question recently too.

Heres the disscussion that resulted ->  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=251939.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #967 on: August 18, 2008 12:58:21 AM »

bushbaby that was an interesting discussion.  Smiley

I don't know if I have a style or not. I've never really thought about it before.
I do know that I prefer certain things, but I'm not sure that means I follow a style. sometimes those things change or I feel the need to do something totally different. I like to try new things once in awhile, at least in art. I only recently started to use my rubber stamps more often on my pages.

My biggest problem has always been just starting something new. Once I've started it usually works out to something I like, most of the time anyway. Even if it's not what I had in mind to start with. In my first book there are so many things I wouldn't do now and several pages I really dislike. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: August 18, 2008 09:27:57 AM »

Thanks for the thread bushbaby! Smiley Thats exactly how i was feeling! Theres just so many wonderful artists out there and sometimes i just dont seems to fit in with all the people who use repetitive techniques like the people you mentioned... The thread made me appreciate a little bit more that I can do things differently each time...I guess I'm just jealous of those regonizable ones... Grin Maybe I do have a style and i just dont see it because my friends will say things like "Thats so you!" And i dont usally see it.... Hmmm. Its something to ask them about...
Thanks again bushbaby.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #969 on: August 18, 2008 03:28:37 PM »

Having a well defined style isnt all its cracked up to be either. Dont get me wrong, if you have a process that works for you and fits what you're about more power too you, but sometimes it makes it harder to break out and try something new.

Huh, I should really take my own advice...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tyra Banks Suing Wig Companies For $10M
Hair Extensions 101: The 4 Different Types
How to Do an Easy Updo for Short Hair
How To Rock Hollywood Glam Finger Waves
Hair Trends: Sleek Ponytails
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...