A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 313069 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: August 11, 2008 10:34:22 PM »

Smuckers9 - There are maybe three companies that I know of that sell collections like that. One of them is called "slab". They are about $20US. I guess you don't remember what type of site you were looking at... I've seen pkgs that are paper only, paper and embellishments.
I don't shop online much... I would try joann.com, michaels.com to find the company names.
see if that will jog your memory. Or something close enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #921 on: August 12, 2008 03:16:37 AM »

graverobbergirl, great pages! I really love the gnome emerging from the garden gnome, and the group drawing. And the writing is perfect for that story. I did need to read your text to appreciate the pages fully. If you want an easy to read version, maybe you could create an insert in there with it on, like a label on a string. Attached, but that can be moved onto each page as the story develops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #922 on: August 12, 2008 05:49:09 AM »

graverobbergirl- great pages, some of those are just down right creepy, especially the part where it's coming out of the garden gnome! Your could print out your story and use some aging techniques, then adere them to tags. You could add the tags to the page opposite of your 1st image and then on the rest on that blnk spread
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Gemcraft
« Reply #923 on: August 12, 2008 02:20:12 PM »

Graverobbergirl - I wish I could say I made it myself but I didnt, I get a lot of my templates from doing google image searches!
And sorry to say your pages and the poem give me the creeps! Theyre good but scary - Im a bit of a wuss thought. I like how the writing in the white crayon looks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 12, 2008 03:14:38 PM »

sactownsue- I was actually looking at a blog and thats why it was so difficult to get back...When i look at blogs i just keep clicking on different links and patterns and i just stumbled upon it...Now i cant get back...i must of checked my history 20 times trying to find it!! Huh I looked up the slab and that was pretty similar to what i was looking at...Mine was just less scrapbook-y looking papers, The desription was: "great for altered journals!" I already was thinking that before i saw it Cheesy...Thanks so much for the help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rio_Supreme
« Reply #925 on: August 12, 2008 04:21:57 PM »

er... I realise I'm attempting this two months into this thread (and believe me i'm kicking myself for not finding it earlier Cry) but i've been looking for something to inspire me i think this would be just the thing!

Sooo, if noone minds i'd like to join!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Try again, fail again, fail better." Samuel Beckett
graverobbergirl
« Reply #926 on: August 12, 2008 06:33:45 PM »

Thanks guys for the help. I would've never thought of using tags that would insert in between the appropriate pages. Even though I have seen them used brilliantly by phizzy in some of the pages she posted here! Totally solves my dilemma! Love you guys! (I get no feedback at home-of course, I don't show them my journal for the most part. But even on other crafts, I get the "your ideas are strange" so no real help usually... thank god for craftster!)

And glad to hear that I got the "creepy" factor across. It was slightly the point of those pages. And also, I forgot to say how grateful I was to all of you and this craft-a-long. I had always wanted to do something with that poem/story but couldn't figure out what... putting it in my altered journal, being able to give it some life was very satifsfying.

Smuckers9-I find cool sites that I can never seem to locate again rather often. And then sometimes I delude myself into believing that I'll actually remember the website off the top of my head. Why did I ever think that would work. Don't you love the knowledge base we have here?

Rio-Supreme-Never too late to join in the fun! Welcome!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008 06:38:47 PM by graverobbergirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
Gemcraft
« Reply #927 on: August 13, 2008 01:29:22 AM »

Rio-Supreme - hi and welcome. I guess this threads got abit confusing - you can do whatever you want with your journal and post it here, or we normally have a theme to post on each Friday  but Im not sure we decided one this week - everyones been so busy

Do we theme for this week anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #928 on: August 13, 2008 03:06:15 AM »

There were a few ideas and I think 'connections' had some interest so we could go with that?

Maybe we should try to get another list of inspirational words to pick from again, that worked really well Smiley

Welcome Rio_Supreme! Can't wait to see your pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #929 on: August 13, 2008 03:12:38 AM »

Ok so a connections page for Friday if anyone has the time.

And then start gathering words so we can pick from the list on Friday

My words to start if off are

feelings
apples
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author John Witt Discusses the Hidden Story of the Laws of War
"Tilt" Book Trailer
Lorna Byrne Discusses Her Book A Message of Hope from the Angels
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...