A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 308783 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

graverobbergirl
« Reply #890 on: August 08, 2008 06:51:33 PM »

I think I've missed a lot... I mean I have been lurking but since I hadn't been doing much work on my journal, I've neglected posting even to comment on all the great pages I've seen. And of course, now I can't remember specifically any thoughts I had!

I remember there were some gorgeous ink outlined water colors form several different people. And all the myth pages blew me away!

DanniQuee-I liked the little hidden doorways of stresses and stress-relievers. It's great because to anyone else, it would just be some random images, but to you it has an entirely different, unique meaning. I love your Artemis and scorpian, BTW.

gemcraft-nice personal page. The green compliments the cute picture of you. And don't worry, just go for it! Or, if you are really concerned, you could use tracing paper to test a layout for doodles, swirls, or what have you...

So, I did get another page done while I was away dog-sitting, but was limited in my crafting supplies. So, it's really just a collage with crayon. I noticed I had some stuff (okay a lot, when compared to the size of my random bits collection) dealing with conformism. It is one of the things I detest the most.

Anyway, this is my Anticonformism page. It's not all that pretty, but it has more meaning than some of the other pages (for me). The background on the right-hand size is part of a newspaper clipping I had from a few years ago. I never clip newspapers, but these letters to the Editor appealed to me. They're about Ralph Nader. And whether he is a good influence, bad influence, nuisance, primarily for me he stands for thinking outside the box: A third party candidate within an entrenched two-party system. (Just my opinion, don't mean to offend anyone on the political ideals front). The "unstick your style" Marge is from a Dove advert. Isn't Marge credited with standing out for her hair, even within the show itself? And cybermen totally are my newest favourite commentary on conformism and people "plugging in" and losing their self-identity. He is defaced via Duchamp stlye.

(oh yeah, also first appearance of Phizzy-inspired triangles in my journal.)

I looked through one of my many mythology books for inspiration, but it was way too overwhelming. I did come across some beautiful images of Lancelot and Guinevere, so they inspired a page.

The scan didn't turn out all that well...the flowers and images look more vibrant in real life. I feel like it needs writing or something to fill in the space, although I love the background.

I'm hoping to do more mythology pages when I stop being overwhelmed by the possibilities...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
panthermoon
« Reply #891 on: August 08, 2008 07:29:10 PM »

I like camping, if it's only for a couple of nights. Being out in the woods is nice, but there's usually too many people around. I prefer the beach, but there is usually too many people around then too

graverobbergirl your Anticonformism page is interesting, the thing about a journal is that it should mean something to you. All my pages mean something to me, I may not always point that out here, but they do. Of course some have more meaning than others.  Wink

I like your mythology page too, did you do some type of transfer for the images? they are beautiful images.
  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
graverobbergirl
« Reply #892 on: August 08, 2008 08:15:14 PM »

I have to say I am in the "I like camping" camp (D'oh, stupid unintentional pun). Except I don't really have to go anywhere. I live in the middle of the woods and no one is around. We just barely got neighbors on our dirt road. If I want to be immersed in nature, I can just walk out back. I feel at peace out there like no words can describe.

panthermoon-you are totally right. Since it is a journal, the pages should have meaning for me. Unfortunately, sometimes their significance is only the attachment I feel for any craft or piece of art I create. I'm not a very emotional person, and it is hard for me to connect with people and things in a lot of ways. I probably should be using this whole journal exercise to work on trying to express myself more. Actually, I think I have shared more with all of you through some of these pages, than with the majority of people I know in real life.

For some reason I cannot pull off image transfers. I've tried several different methods to no avail. They are just printouts, on tracing paper for a more ethereal feel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
panthermoon
« Reply #893 on: August 08, 2008 08:37:23 PM »

I don't mind the woods, it's just I like the idea of regular showers  Smiley living in the woods would be a different... nature is a good thing, it centers you and calms you...

I understand the part about not being a very emotional person and I think a lot of people in real life would say that I'm that way. I think it's more that in most ways I'm just a very private person, at least when it comes to my feelings. I'm not a real touchy type of person.

If you feel attached to a piece of art that says something about you. I think I'm about the same way about sharing stuff here in my pages than in real life. I've never shown my pages to my family or most of my friends.

I'm not good at image transfers either, but my monthly visual journaling group is featuring that this on Monday, so maybe I'll learn how to do it right then. One can hope  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008 08:39:34 PM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
RougeRaven
« Reply #894 on: August 08, 2008 09:41:22 PM »

Graverobbergirl- (Yay! Another King Arthur page!) I'm such a geek for Kind Arthur stuff- I love how the prints turn out on tracing paper. Was it just the normal thin kind, and if so how did you keep it in the printer without too much trouble? Maybe some old kind of script of their names or something would add a bit more detail without taking too much away from the background? Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #895 on: August 09, 2008 03:54:56 AM »

graverobbergirl, that's a really interesting page and your layout of all the elements works so well. Love the moustached cyberman! Cheesy

For your Lancelot page, if you want to include writing, what about writing in green ink/pencil in a winding way ac cross the page? That might be in keeping with the feel of the flowers and not overpower them.

Sometimes I set off not consciously making a page related to me, but it always seems to gravitate towards something relevant or that I'm thinking about. I don't think there's a page that isn't relevent in some way. It's funny to read that most of us journalling are not overly emotional people. I would include myself in that too since I'm not a 'gusher' and I keep most of my feelings to myself. I get that completely from my Dad who's exactly the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: August 09, 2008 08:30:13 AM »

how funny.
I also keep my feelings to myself.
I bottle them up:)
My parents always try to get me to telll them whats wrong because they know i'm that way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: August 09, 2008 09:32:32 AM »

welp....I'm a gusher...very annimated....emotional? ummm..why yeeess!! but I'm a lot better than I was in my early 30's...I tend to think about things more, not fly off...this is my new mantra I saw on someones avatar, cracked me up, "don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!"  I still laugh about that...but I seem to take things more seriously now as I tend to be a jokester. not that jokeing is'nt fun, but I used it a lot to hide things...more than you all want to know?  LOL  but I think journaling in an artistic way is such a great way to tap into that creative part of our minds that I also think healing lives.  When we create we heal..plain and simple.  we were made to create I believe and when we deny that we die a little in side each time.      so onto altered journaling!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #898 on: August 09, 2008 09:51:50 AM »

Hey gals. I havent forgotten about you!
Things have been pretty....CRAZY lately.
I have had no time to work on my journal for the past couple of weeks.
Well that's not true...
I've just been pretty uninspired and mopy lately.
I'll try to start working on some on Moday.
I absolutely love all the pages though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: August 10, 2008 03:27:18 PM »

Personal page...I was going to write on it some things, but decided not to.

It's just kind of 'me', visually. Well, I guess it is since I set out to do that page and this is the result. Cheesy Actually there are things in there that mean and represent things, but they'd be hard to work out Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do 1940s Hairstyles
How to Use Hair Rods
How to Untangle Matted Hair
How to Do School Girl Hairstyles
How to Use Almond Oil for Healthy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...