A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 327337 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gemcraft
« Reply #720 on: July 24, 2008 12:11:03 PM »

I may have a secret hiding place by tomorrow well definitely part of a page on something anyway!

Yourbestnightmare the box of stuff sounds a great idea - what is construction paper?

Phizzy those pages are great I love just the plain black on the coloured backgrounds. And the purple door is great with the writing only inside it. I definitely have to do some black and coloured pages soon after seeing yours and yourbestnightmares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #721 on: July 24, 2008 12:51:46 PM »

I wish I had a better memory... sometimes I'm too tired to comment on things as they appear...

panthermoon - Love your page. Love the blue lady.

graverobbergirl - That shade of green and raspberry look great together. You have a really good color sense. the Egyptian pages are very nice. You really care about this person. You've put so much work into these gifts. I like the cupboards too.

Phizzychick - As usual your work is most excellent. I flipped at the site of paisley water drops!  Cheesy  Cool I love paisleys and I was born in a water sign. I must have paisley water drops...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: July 24, 2008 01:26:53 PM »

Phizzychick - As usual your work is most excellent. I flipped at the site of paisley water drops!  Cheesy  Cool I love paisleys and I was born in a water sign. I must have paisley water drops...

Why thank you! It's definitely a sign, you must do some paisley water drops in your journal in the near future! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: July 24, 2008 03:58:10 PM »

the steps are soooo cool!  I think in my next life I want to be a paisley...I love paisleys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
panthermoon
« Reply #724 on: July 24, 2008 06:23:10 PM »

graverobbergirl I like what you did with your raspberry page. those colors look good together. The Egyptian pages are great too, I love things that have to do with Egypt.  Cheesy

Phizzychick I think your purple door page is my favorite, but I really like your step pages too. I like how the swirls on the yellow page carry over onto the orange page. I like that little arch in the corner of your archway pages too.  Smiley

The swirls on my blue page are rub-ons. I've been buying a lot of them lately. She really was a blue lady. I don't know how noticeable it was in the picture, but she had blue skin under the color pencil... I saved the other pictures that got printed up at that time so I may be able to use some of them as well. I've gotten new printer ink so everything should turn out okay now... maybe. I've noticed that once in a while the printer has a mind of it's own.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
graverobbergirl
« Reply #725 on: July 24, 2008 07:59:21 PM »

Thanks for the feeback all. I wasn't sure if I had got the feeling eating a wild raspberry gives me. Well, it's too much to really capture or explain, but I'm glad that you all at least fell the summer-i-ness of it! :-) (and Danniquee, I have a load of 29 cent stamps, too, among other older ones. I've been collecting them since I was little.)

phizzychick-Your pages always have such a dreamlike quality. They already seem mythical!  I love that the blackbird's tail feathers extend onto the next step. And of course, the rainbow-esque colour scheme: the colours are so beautiful. I love that turquoise blue and bluish purples are my favourite. Your archway page is coming along nicely, not that it wasn't gorgeous before!

sactownsue-It's not so much that I care about my friend that much (don't get me wrong, she is a good friend), it's more of what I can afford. I have much more time than money to spend. Plus, I so love making things for people! Of course, I probably don't have to tell you guys that! Craft people love any reason to craft!

So I am going to harass you all with one last bout of curio notebookness. Of course, that may be a lie, depending upon my ambition to finish the last section in an extra flourish of style. (The lazy way didn't work...so now we're down to the hardcore effort) Anyway, enough being cryptic, here are the upgraded dividers:

This is the inside cover. Just one of about half a dozen National Geographic world maps I've accumulated over the years. Plus her name and initial in case of loss (or theft?). (Very crooked scan)

First Set of dividers: Some comic book pages with Wonder Woman stickers. There is a pocket, although it is hard to tell. The back is just various scrapbook paper and embellishments from my mom's massive collection. I thought the comic theme sort of tied them together...

Alice-themed dividers, because I have an impromptu collection to draw images from. For some reason, it's a large inspiration to a lot of my artwork. I decided to do a different pocket setup for the second page. The quote on the second page reads: Dream Symbol: MAD "To dream you are mad, and that you are in company with mad people, is very good to the dreamer; it promises long life, riches, happy marriage, success in trade, and good children."-The Victorian Book of Dreams

The next dividers are more scrapbook accessories, but I stuck some word finds I found online in the first pocket (that says "fun & games") and the solutions in the second.

This set is functional as well. The first pocket has origami paper and a little fold out set of instructions pasted to the page. The other side features a scan of one of my crayon drawings (it turned out nice, you can even see the texture of the crayon!), and I stuck some coloring pages in it, scans of various line drawings I have made.

The Back matches the front without all the "cupboards."

I feel like some of these scans turned out uber-crooked, even though they look pretty straight in the notebook...oh well...

And I also made time today to work on a page in my journal, but nothing so complex as our weekly theme. It's to celebrate selling my first dress. I feel like an official seamstress now, only not...

I was going to use the concept sketch for it, but I couldn't find it. I think it was before I was putting all of my project sketches into a single journal.  So I went with something almost completely unrelated to the dress I actually sold, images scanned from my 1930 book "Modern Dressmaking Made Easy" and from the original sales card that goes with my mom's old sewing machine (ca. 1940s/50s).

Unfortunately, I already put the scanner away...I'll try to get a scan later (if anyone is interested). I can't decide if I want to trim that jutty out bit off the side.

Sorry about all the rambling and taking up space in the forum... This will probably be the last you hear from me for a week or two (at least for my own journaling), so don't worry, you'll get  a break!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008 08:18:19 PM by graverobbergirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: July 24, 2008 08:25:48 PM »

graverobbergirl - You've been quite buzy.  I can definitely relate to more time than money.
Love the maps. I love the way you did something different for each section. My fave is the Alice in Wonderland stuff. I was looking for those pics on google the other day... Of course right now I can't remember why I wanted them...
Your crayon drawing is most excellent.
congrats on selling your first dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
RubyTuesday
« Reply #727 on: July 25, 2008 01:34:52 AM »

Phizzy I love your steps, they're so effective.  I just love the way the bird on yellow appears to overlap onto the orange page, -you're so talented Grin  It's great the way you use only one colour - I particularly like the purple page  Smiley

graverobbergirl I think your seamstress page is wonderful, it's so full of positive energy, the lay out is very clever, the faces drew my eye right around the page  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: July 25, 2008 03:01:05 AM »

Thanks everyone! I think it was quite effective, it's nice to flick through and hopefully it's given some room back to the book! Cheesy

graverobbergirl, another excellent book! I love the Alice pages too, and the origami one with the papers in the pocket.

You sewing page is great! There's so much going on with it but it seems very organised. It reminds me of sewing something with a pattern and organising all out on the floor to cut out the pieces. Congratulations on selling your dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #729 on: July 25, 2008 04:23:07 AM »

Wow I love all those notebook pages - I really like the crayon drawing, and your dress journal page.
I'll be posting some pages later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Ways to Wear the Ruffle Trend Without Looking Too Young
Cheap Ways to Rock Coral For Spring
2013 MTV Movie Awards Style Prediction: Mila Kunis
#MyModamobStyle Featured Reader @ChanelleDotCom
The Best Denim Care Tips to Preserve Your Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...