A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 311272 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: July 23, 2008 04:11:43 PM »

oh my golly moses!! you guys picked the theme I suggested!  wowzers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #711 on: July 23, 2008 04:37:31 PM »

Cheesy

Yep, someone comes up with an idea to work with and if enough people are enthused with it then we pick that as the theme.

Of course you're also not obliged to use that theme if you don't want or can't think of anything to do either. We're a flexible bunch! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #712 on: July 23, 2008 07:39:36 PM »

RubyTuesday, Very nice page, although I will admit I'm not fond of hearts, (this type or the other) the coloring is great though and the button added to the shirt was a nice addition  Cheesy

We're getting so many new people Smiley I like seeing all the new ideas and interpretations of the themes. I'm good with the myth theme for next week too. Some of us are still working on our rainbow pages as well as the themes. I have almost finished my secret hiding place page. It may be done, but I'm deciding if I want to add anything to it. It'll be posted on Friday though.

I did finish my blue page, the color is actually more of a turquoise blue than it shows on my monitor. When I printed up the picture I was running out of ink, so instead of B&W she had a lot of blue tones. I colored the skin tones in with colored pencil.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008 07:40:05 PM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
graverobbergirl
« Reply #713 on: July 23, 2008 08:30:30 PM »

I wait 24 hours to check craftster again, and look at all I missed!

Danniquee-the page turned out REALLY nice. I love it! I'm so happy you got some use out of the raven feathers, and that your interest in the awesomeness of Raven mythology was piqued. They are my favourite creatures! the page has such a lovely balance to it, and I like the somewhat subdued color scheme and how you used black throughout to tie it all together. The raven you found definitely looks like he's up to something...

Me too!!   Graverobbergirl  you ROCK!!!!!
DANNIQUEE!!  look what you started!!! yay!!!

TECHNICALLY... not my fault. Tongue Like I said graverobbergirl gave me the idea for the page!

However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE myths, legends, fairtales, folk lore... *rambles some more*

So I'm all about using those as themes! Grin

I was totally into myths throughout my childhood. I couldn't get enough of them. I think I have a dozen different collections lining my bookshelves. Not to mention all the bizarre tv shows I was into. My favourite sci-fi episodes were always the mythology-based ones and I used to make my dolls into gods/goddesses. Yes, I was a weird child.

Does anyone have any ideas for journal covers...because Im not sure what I want to do with mine.

I think I am going to make a fabric bookcover to slip over mine when it's finished. I just made a cover for an ugly dollar store journal to send to my friend (along with her curio notebook and altered notepad, among other goodies) and it turned out rather well.

RubyTuesday- I like the background. With the anatomically correct heart, it made me think of 3D biological models, with the veins being blue and the arteries red, etc. I also like that the hand breaks the edge of the page on the left. It probably could use something in the bottom right, but your flow is already so nice, that I'm sure you'll come up with the perfect thing!

panthermoon-I like the effect that your printer mistake ended up giving your page!

This is my Raspberry page. I posted the background before but forgot to scan this the other day when I was all excited about the curio notebook.

This is another part of the package I'm sending to my friend for her birthday. I forgot to take a picture of the hideous original notepad design. I recycled part of an old egyptian papyrus calendar.

The edge is trimmed with bias tape. the eye is from a stamp set I have.

I used scrapbook paper for the inside covers. I couldn't get the scanner to capture the color properly. it's actually a little more blue in real life.

I also stamped all of the pages (which took awhile)

I probably won't have a secret compartment page for my journal this week. Maybe I can combine it with mythology for the next...or not. I am going to be off dogsitting again (not that that means I'll be entirely without craft supplies-can't live without them!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
Gemcraft
« Reply #714 on: July 24, 2008 02:14:58 AM »

Ruby Tuesday I love how you have arranged the red and blue on those pages. And the writing in the glass which then spills out amazing
Did you do those drawings theyre amazing

Smuckers hi

Panthermoon nice page, I like the stamps/transfers/whatever they are in the corners

Graverobbergirl I love raspberries too, I like how you used the stamps, Ive got some pics saved on my computer that someone, I think Phizzy, did with stamps ages ago and I keep meaning to find my collection and use them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #715 on: July 24, 2008 04:10:52 AM »

panthermoon, I really like that page, especially the scrolly designs in the corners. How awesome of your printer to give you a blue girl for that page! Cheesy

graverobbergirl, mmmmm raspberries! Great layout, that page just exudes summer and sunshine! Your friend is a lucky girl, I love the Egyptian images on that notebook.

I worked on my 'stepped' pages last night so I may have a finished scan (or 2) today. Still a bit more doodling to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your.bestnightmare
« Reply #716 on: July 24, 2008 06:11:50 AM »

graverobbergirl- I love the raspberry page. I wouldve never thougt of that with the green backround you origially posted. I cant wait to see the scorpian one you posted at the same time as the green background. Your friend is SO lucky

Phizzy-I cant wait to see it. I bet it looks awesome.

As for me..I didnt get any journaling done. I pulled an all nighter with my friend, its 8 am here. I seem to journal better when im over tired anyway. Im going to my dad's this weekend, so I found a way so I dont have to be journal deprived for three days. I got a photobox, and filled it with stuff that I usually find myself pulling out when Im working on it. (Watercolors, Gluestick, Scissors, Construction paper..etc) So I can work on it whenever I get some inspiration. And just finish it more in depth when I get home. Now I gotta hope for nice weather! Id rather work outside over there. He's always interested in my crafts, which is okay. But not my journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #717 on: July 24, 2008 06:28:08 AM »

panthermoon - I love when printer mistakes actually end up working out! Mine has a tendency to make everything a reddish colour, and I'm not a big fan of red. >_< I love the background colour and the scrolling! The flow of the page is really nice.

graverobbergirl - I'm happy you liked the page. If having mythology collections and turning your dolls into gods and goddesses make you a weird child, then count me in on the weird squad. I did the same thing. Most of the anthologies I have I've had since I was under the age of 10. Cheesy

Your raspberry page is great! I still love that lacey background and the swatches of other fabrics are a great touch. The balance of the page works really well. Are those $0.33 stamps? I remember stamps being that price! Grin Now when anyone doubts you, you can show them evidence. I bet they were the lick and stick type too... Wink

As for my secret hiding space page... I haven't even started it. I'm lacking in the idea department this week. Ho hum. There's always next week!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your.bestnightmare
« Reply #718 on: July 24, 2008 07:28:36 AM »

As for my secret hiding space page... I haven't even started it. I'm lacking in the idea department this week. Ho hum. There's always next week!

ditto.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #719 on: July 24, 2008 11:38:04 AM »

Sorry there's so many pictures! Some of them aren't finished, but here's how my 'steps' are coming out...

The page on the left is going to be my Friday page...can you see the hidden space? Cheesy The quote on the right (in my French book?!) is something by John Donne:

If they [women] were good, it would be seen
Good is as visible as green.

I have no idea!!!

Title page & Earth

Earth & Air

Air & Fire

Fire & Water

Water & Spirit

I also did some more to the archway page:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Around The World In 80 Ways: Susur Lee
How to Make Chinese-Style Spare Ribs
Chicken Teriyaki Gyros Recipe
How to Make a Szechuan Pork Belly and Triple Happiness Cocktail
Popcorn Orange Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...