A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,347
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 356400 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

panthermoon
« Reply #640 on: July 21, 2008 10:11:20 AM »

DanniQuee I love how your pages are turning out. I love the woman you added to it. Sometimes if you do something wet in your book after you glue down a picture it will wrinkle up, especially on the page behind it... I have several pages that have done that, there is no way to fix it that I know of.  Sad

that copper powder sounds interesting, I don't think I've ever seen that before. They make a chalk set that is shimmery, you know the kind that comes 9 squares in a flat box? I can't think of the name right now, but they originally came in several color combinations and they added the shimmer set. It would be in the scrapbook section or stamping area I think. It's been a few years since I've bought mine, I would think they still make it. I know the regular chalks are still around. Or got to the $1 store and see if they have a shimmery light colored eyeshadow or blush. I've used eyeshadow/blush on a page before. rub in like chalk.  Smiley

I'm going to be working on my secret page today. I woke up thinking about it and since I'm home all day, I haven't gotten it all figured out yet, but I have a start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: July 21, 2008 11:03:22 AM »

I'm liking the AAAS could be pronounced Ahs or a$$, I like Ahs.

I took an art class once and the teach suggested adding a bronzing powder to metallic paint to give it a richer metallic look. We were working with Ceramcoat Acrylic. If you don't mix up the bottle acrylics like Apple Barell really good they can give a faint metallic look that might work for magic dust. Bronzing powders are usually sold at fine art supply stores. Less crafty, more expensive. If Michaels has it it is either in the section with the brushes and tube acrylics or the aforementioned stamping. If you don't see it ask a "knowledgeable" employee. Embossing powders are usually finely ground and might be able to find something to work for you. You could use something pointy like a toothpick to put down some glue. "Clear" ink in tiny amounts with the embossing powder then hit it with a heat gun or incandescent bulb. Seems like I saw something in Tim Holz line. You can probably do an online search  so save yourself some gas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
bushbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #642 on: July 21, 2008 11:17:08 AM »

.... also a page about the Dark Knight. That movie comandeered my weekend.  Roll Eyes

Now that is a great idea!

I have to wait til sunday to see the movie *grumbles* stupid european release dates *grumble* I take it the movie was good then?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #643 on: July 21, 2008 11:28:42 AM »

Loving the search for a name but no idea im afraid. Im so tired today and its another late night and early morning and then babysitting all day tomorrow I hope the children are sleepy!!

Panthermoon wow brads and watch parts I love your creativity.

Sarah hi (O:

Danni I really like your page the onion bag is great. As for the glitter theres loads of ideas here , the cheapest seems to be eyeshadow. Embossing powders would do it but I dont think they would work with a lightbulb, I couldnt get them to work with a hairdryer, I had to buy a proper heat gun.
Id love to see your de-stress page when its done, im still bad at making pages for specific things like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #644 on: July 21, 2008 11:37:25 AM »

I've added some to my recent page so I'll get it scanned later and hopefully you can see what it does when it's glued. It ends up raised and molten metal looking. I might buy some sparkly eyeshadow tomorrow and see if that works the same way too. It'd be cool to have a variety of colours to use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #645 on: July 21, 2008 11:56:27 AM »

What do you do to it Phizzy - it sounds just like embossing powders to me - did I send you an inchie in that swap ages ago that was kindof bronze coloured with a lead impression on it? that was my embossing powders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #646 on: July 21, 2008 11:57:56 AM »

Now that is a great idea!

I have to wait til sunday to see the movie *grumbles* stupid european release dates *grumble* I take it the movie was good then?

I've seen it twice already! Once at the midnite showing opening morning and again Saturday morning at 7am in the Imax. Since it's an hour from the house and we wanted to get there an hour early my friends an I all got up at 4:30 am! O_o It was totally worth it!

In case you aren't sure of what an Imax is, it's a 6 story high definition screen. It is unbelivable. I'd go see it 5 or 6 more times, easily. SO GOOD!

Ehem.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! I'll see what I can scrounge up at the stores and online and see what Phizzy's metalic stuff looks like before making any decisions. Maybe I'll try a test page with different supplies on it too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2008 12:01:29 PM »

What do you do to it Phizzy - it sounds just like embossing powders to me - did I send you an inchie in that swap ages ago that was kindof bronze coloured with a lead impression on it? that was my embossing powders.

I just put the glue down then sprinkle the powder on, wait for it to dry and wipe the excess off. The rest is magic I think Grin

It's also good just on it's own (no glue) providing the opposite page doesn't mind a bit of sparkle too since it will rub off on it. Cheesy

I'll go check your inchies out...they're on display in the craft room. I've not used embossing powders so it could well be the same thing
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008 12:03:34 PM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #648 on: July 21, 2008 12:07:47 PM »

Hmm you have to heat embossing powders for them to look shiny and raised - Im intrigued to know what you have got now and what it looks like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #649 on: July 21, 2008 01:38:45 PM »

I havent seen the Dark Knight yet....Im just going to wait until it comes to my local theater...(It probably will in two or three weeks) Its much cheaper that way...

I think Im going to have to get some of that stuff too.
I love the fishnet type stuff on your first page.

Oh by the way..I got a new computer at my moms house..so Ill probably be on..........EVERY DAY! Lol. and the scanner didnt come with a computer hook up.  Cry Were gunna take it back...**Sighs** Soon......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Plate Mask
How to Make a Plague Doctor Mask
How to Make Paper Masks
How to Start Your Own Scrapbook
Off Book: Etsy Art and Culture
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...