A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,636
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 305052 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

panthermoon
« Reply #610 on: July 19, 2008 01:00:16 AM »

Here's my pages for Friday, I couldn't post them earlier because it said the site was down for maintenance and I had to go to work...

First here's the finished door page, at least I think it's finished  Smiley

here's with the door open, actually now that I think about it I may add something to the inside of the door later for the other side...

here's the beginning of the page that is behind it, not sure I like it, but here it is anyway...

and the page that is showing through the door...

a friend of mine gave me a bunch of cards the other day, lots of different types, this one happens to be a goddess knowledge card. It's of the goddess Pele, Hawaiian volcano goddess. I added alcohol inks to yellow dymo tape for the words and also to the metal word create. I think the create looks much better in real life, but I love the way the words all turned out. Wasn't sure how alcohol inks would work on plastic.

the Pele card folds out, I wanted to be able to read the information on the back ... I may add something there later, but I'm not sure what yet...

Phizzychick I really like that page, the coloring is great and I like the door

graverobbergirl beautiful pages... very nice artwork... can't wait to see what the green page ends up being

So we're going with secret hiding place for next Friday? Well ... it's late and I'm not sure I'm making sense anymore, but I wanted to get this posted tonight because I'll be gone for the weekend..  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: July 19, 2008 01:06:45 AM »

Panthermoon - I love those pages  Grin at first I thought the 1st phrase was a little dark but combined with the next it really works.

I havent done any journaly this week cause I've been back to work, but we shall have to see what happens next week - I an intrigued by the 'secret place' theme..hmmmm....  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #612 on: July 19, 2008 02:10:41 AM »

Great pages everyone - will comment more later - im on the way out the door when my taxi arrives to a crafty/scrapbooking day - its the second one but the first one I have been to and I am terrified Im not great at being social but I NEED some people contact. And Im taking my journal but it may never make its way out of my VERY large bag full of crafty stuff.
So wish me luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
skyepayne
« Reply #613 on: July 19, 2008 08:05:03 AM »

Really amazing, I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #614 on: July 19, 2008 10:32:40 AM »

is it your normal watercolours – it looks different somehow?

Grr, I replied to this...but Craftster must have gone down before I clicked Post! Cheesy

Thanks! I crosshatched the area round the door on the left first with an ink pen that runs, then used water to blend the ink and some brown watercolour. I like that technique for when I'm out and about sketching because all you need is a pen, brush and spit (or a bottle of water Wink ) and you can sketch with some good paint effects. Some pens turn black, blue or brown so you can get slightly different colours too.

graverobbergirl, great pages! I love the sun stamp on your architecture pages! I really like your green page, I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.

panthermoon, I love your page with the way you have the door through! I really like the way you have the Goddess Pele able to flip down with the little clip.

Phizzychick-I love that door page! Ive never read Neverwhere..but I think Im gunna have to find a copy of that book now.

Thank you, it's a great book! It was also a tv series, but I don't think it came out as well as the books. But I find that tends to be the case with most televisations, they can never match your own imagination. Cheesy

I've been away overnight for a gig and some sightseeing today. I've taken some interesting door and window photo's so I might revisit architecture and see what I come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2008 11:24:42 AM »

I hope you haven't already answered this but (lazy me) but how did do the words for the depression part?  that is an outstanding journal entry!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2008 11:35:06 AM »

panthermoon - Love your pages. I love that pinkish color. And the architecture has me thinking shrine. I too love looking at lava, it is such amazing stuff. Pele is hot! I've never worked with alcohol inks.

graverobbergirl- love your pages I really like when the windows/door are open on both sides.

phizzy - Whats not to like about your work?

Gemcraft - Have a most excellent adventure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2008 11:38:40 AM »

Great pages everyone - will comment more later - im on the way out the door when my taxi arrives to a crafty/scrapbooking day - its the second one but the first one I have been to and I am terrified Im not great at being social but I NEED some people contact. And Im taking my journal but it may never make its way out of my VERY large bag full of crafty stuff.
So wish me luck

I forgot to say...too late to wish you luck, but I hope that your day went well Gemcraft, and it wasn't too daunting for you to relax and enjoy it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2008 11:54:11 AM »

My day was ok thanks – not absolutely amazing but quite good. I had a nice time. AND I did some scrapbooking of my wedding photos even if it was just scans of the photos and I havnt stuck it down – I chose the papers and made the layouts – I just need to rethink my album now – I realised I wanted to use out guest book but there would be no paper or plastic inbetween each page so I think the photos would stick together – so now another hold up while I find a proper scrapbook album.

Im stumped on secret hiding place, and my sister is staying with us tomorrow til Thursday so I could end up with no page this week unless inspiration strikes me.

Graverobbergirl – I like your pages – I didn’t realise it was a real ‘window’ at first but it is isn’t it? And I love the water for your fountain – how did you do that – is it paint?
I also like the new page to go with your Rogue page – your painting is ace – I HATE faces, I can never get them right unless I square them up.

Panthermoon – I like your pages, and I especially like the words on the first one – I hope they are true (O: That door looks so 3D its amazing – I want to reach out and feel the bobbles on it.

Phizzy – thanks for your description of technique – its always good to learn new things – I have had watercolours for years and never touched them until I knew you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2008 12:56:12 PM »

Im stumped on secret hiding place, and my sister is staying with us tomorrow til Thursday so I could end up with no page this week unless inspiration strikes me.

Phizzy – thanks for your description of technique – its always good to learn new things – I have had watercolours for years and never touched them until I knew you!

I'm glad your day went well, and gave you plans for your album.

It's funny, I taught myself how to use them because it was one supply at a school I taught at had in abundance. Until then I hadn't really used them either. Cheesy

I saw a display at an ancient site we went to today and it had a watercolour painting of the site as it would have been. It looked so great and I've never really tried painting all that realistically before, but I'm going to try it now and see if I can do it.

I don't know if it helps, and stop reading now if you don't want any ideas Smiley ...but you could view the secret hiding place as somewhere you like to be to collect your thoughts, somewhere you like to drive/walk to or just a room in your house. Somewhere you hide things to stop prying eyes or things you don't want to be reminded of day-to-day. Or it could simply be something stuck into your book that you could place something in, a note or a tag or whatnot. Just ideas, I haven't decided on mine yet so this is just my rambling thought process so far written down. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hottest Spring Fashion Tips for Moms
How to Style a Fluffy Jumper
Style Sound Off: Scarlett Johansson, Emma Watson, Kim Kardashian, Shailene
7 Reasons Your Clothes Might Be Turning Men Off
Lululemon Releases Line of Post-Workout Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...