A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 304112 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sactownsue
The world is a circle...

MrMiagi '01 - aka rascal - We miss you MissDaisy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: July 17, 2008 03:35:40 PM »

I'm sort of in the same place as panthermoon. I have it half way but having trouble with how to make it work. I've had a flare up in my health problems, and so this has slipped as a priority.
secret place sounds intriguing. i don't have a clue where to start with it. But it would be fun to try.

Gemcraft - Please don't scrap it. If you don't feel like struggling with it right now just ignore then some day try what the others have suggested. Some times it's easier to see and deal with something when you don't think about it for a while, then take a fresh look.

panthermoon - If the language card is descriptive of the page that could help you remember. I'm old school cause when I was growing up computer were very rare. But I love this high tech world, so don't forget we now have things like BabelFish.

SunflowerSmiles - It's so hard to lose someone we love. Even if they have more than two legs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE: something of yourself
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
"Everything is deeply intertwingled." - Ted Nelson, ca 1974
wists-fulness - http://wists.com/SacTownSue/

Rarely online these days. Will respond to PM when I notice them. AT&T SNAFU!
panthermoon
« Reply #601 on: July 17, 2008 04:36:58 PM »

sactownsue you're right I had forgotten about Babelfish, computers were rare when I was growing up too, in fact I refused to do anything with them until about 8 or 9 years ago. Then I got a family members old one, but now I don't know if I could do without it  Cheesy

Secret Hiding place sounds interesting. I may have to think about that for a bit, but it's fine with me... I've got a few days vacation time coming up next week, so I'll have plenty of time to work on it ....any of the themes will work though

SunflowerSmiles
, you can work on other pages as well, besides our theme for the week... I've got two others I'm working on, and my rainbow pages of course... we like to see anything you can come up with, if you want to post them  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #602 on: July 17, 2008 05:25:40 PM »

I have gotten NO journaling done this week at all! X_x I've been busy finishing up swap packages, dealing with busy body future in-laws *cries*, doing wedding things, being sick and being really swamped at work.

I like the idea of a hidden space page. Smiley That could be all sorts of fun!

Gemcraft: I Like your page! Please don't scrap it. I think darkening her eye and changing the angle of her nose will make you happier with it. Smiley I think it's beautiful though and it's nice to see an entirely hand drawn page.

Everyone else: I haven't disappeared. Life has just dragged me away for a little while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

your.bestnightmare
« Reply #603 on: July 17, 2008 08:20:29 PM »

I love everyone's archetecture pages! I dont really like the way mine turned out tho...its kinda boring.

So what's the theme for next week..er..tomorrow. Is it archetecture again? I got kinda confused there..

It was mentioned awhile ago that I should talk with my mom about the internet. The problem with the virus protection is that our computer is too old. And we cant update windows 98 anymore. As for losing all the "important" data..all that we have on this computer are my pictures.(Which I have saved elsewhere also) But I'll still have that talk with her though. Timing hasnt been very good lately. My grandpa just left town..so she's not in a good mood. And there was something else pretty big that came up..of course it involved her getting mad at me..eventhough I was trying to be responsible...

In other news..I got my sister addicted to altered journaling..so we MIGHT have someone new on board
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2008 02:33:23 AM »

I don't remember reading a theme for today, but I was having problems with my internet last week so I might have missed it. It'd be great if your sister joins too!

This is my page that should have been done for last Friday. I set out to do a varied architecture page...but I couldn't stop thinking about Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman so it just became - door. Roll Eyes And a weird door at that!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2008 05:25:50 AM »

Thanks for the advice on my page guys – I will have a go at it maybe this evening. I never did the other architecture page I was thinking about because I’ve been too ill. Im just over half way through my book thought!!!  I am going to a scrapbooking/craft day tomorrow thought, I might take my book with me so wish me luck. Im not a very social person but I really need to have SOME social contact so here goes!
Secret hiding place sounds daunting to me – but I could have a think about it.

Panthermoon – looking forward to seeing your page – I found it really hard to make it look ok through the windows in both directions – if that makes sense?

Sactownsue – I hope you are feeling better soon.

Danni – sorry you have been sick and so busy too.

Your best nightmare – I Think for today there was a lot of people who hadn’t finished their architecture pages so we were continuing with that

Phizzy – I really like this page – is it your normal watercolours – it looks different somehow?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
graverobbergirl
« Reply #606 on: July 18, 2008 07:57:44 PM »

I guess I'm not the only one who hasn't had much time to play with their journal! After a couple weeks of only limited journaling time, I finally got a chance to play today.

gemcraft-I like your woman's face. I hope that you don't scrap it.

phizzychick-as always, very nice! For some reason, I really like the keys and the moon

And here's what I worked on...

My architecture page(s). I think they're done (well as done as they get for the WIPs of which I'm capable).

Don't ask me why the Djinn turned out anime...maybe too much Miyazaki (sp?) as of late?

I also finished the compliment to my Rogue page (neither of which is very altered...)

This is what they look like together:

I also started a background for a page I've had in mind this week, but was unable to complete yet:

Finally, I experimented with using the ubercute grow-an-animal scorpion sponge. My friend sent me a whole bunch for my birthday. And he was my favourite. Not sure what this will be a background for... I just used watercolor, and it would probably work better with acrylic.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing everyone's creations, when they have time to share, or even create for that matter. Good luck all with your very busy pursuits!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008 09:30:58 PM by graverobbergirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2008 09:19:13 PM »

Hi Ladies – I love the pages that have been posted. I too have not had time this week to do any work on pages, too much going on. I do appreciate any comments about my page though and will pick up a fixative when I am in an art store tomorrow.

Now for yous:
radiationbaby – thanks for the feedback

graverobbergirl – cool architecture page! It came out really nicely! I love your X-Men pages too. You are very talented.

Gemcraft - Cool pages! I like your fantasy pages and your empowerment page. The woman’s face is cool too! I like the effect with the watercolors!

DanniQuee – I love your eclipse page! I have to confess that I initially thought it was a monster eye looking in. *Snicker* A beautiful page that pops though! I hope you get to work on more pages soon (and find time for yourself along with all of your other projects!!).

panthermoon – I like the start of your architecture page! I love your green page too – really beautiful!

alteredmommy – beautiful red door page! I love all of the different layers and vivid colors!

Phizzychick – lovely postcard page! I love how you can pull in so many elements and make it work. Beautiful door page too! What did you use to build the “layers”? Your pages always have such a polished look that is fantastic.

Sactownsue – I hope you are feeling better soon.

Hello to the rest of you!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008 09:20:09 PM by Pogo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2008 09:27:23 PM »

graverobbergirl-I love your drawings! I wish I could draw..My stickpeople are pretty sad looking Sad And I love the grow an animal sponge..Im gunna have to pick some of those up at the store tomorrow!

Phizzychick-I love that door page! Ive never read Neverwhere..but I think Im gunna have to find a copy of that book now.

well..at least im not behind now. Since we didnt change the theme. I really wish I had a camera, so I could show you guys some pictures...I feel left out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: July 18, 2008 09:48:06 PM »

I love the kissy face picture...I think all your stuff is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 4/13
How to Connect Crocheted Yoyos
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 10/14
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 1/13
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 2/13
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...