A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 308819 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

Crafty McCraftypants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: July 12, 2008 08:36:23 PM »

alteredmommy:  Where did you find a French book?  The only non-English book that I've found was a Czech grammar book at my grandparents' farm, and I can't bring myself to alter it.  I agree that it's hard to focus on the art/collaging when there are recognizable words in the background; I start reading them and I don't want to stop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.

Mah Wists
http://www.wists.com/stardust_wings
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #571 on: July 12, 2008 09:11:33 PM »

even here in western canada there are alot of french books around.  I find books at the thrift store and auctions in all kinds of languages(spanish, russian, thai, german, italian....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion opening in mid September!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Gemcraft
« Reply #572 on: July 13, 2008 03:55:00 AM »

Theres a lot of people not finished so shall we do another week of architecture – doors and windows?

Danni –I love your page – the eclipse is beautiful

Panthermoon – looking forward to seeing your page finished. It looks SO 3D at the moment (O: And I like how you did the writing on your green rainbow page – I Would never have thought of that.

Altered mommy – I LOVE the vibrancy of your page and the transfer – is it of some money? IS there a reason behind collecting red doors or just for fun?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
panthermoon
« Reply #573 on: July 13, 2008 12:12:05 PM »

well, I had a post and then the site had a problem so I have to rewrite it Sad

alteredmommy I love your page! great colors and I love the door  Smiley I have a picture collection of doors and arches, not any specific color though.

The words on the green page are stickers. I use a lot of them as I do a little scrapbooking as well. I tend to buy a lot of words and phrases because I don't always write well. Originally it was going to say "celebrate life", but I couldn't find a life sticker. I think I prefer possibilities anyway...

Sticking to the architecture theme works for me... I do have the page showing through the door painted a dark blue,actually an accident, as I had leftover paint from another project and decided to use it as a background in the book. I wasn't paying attention to what page I was using. I think it will work.

If someone already finished their page maybe they could continue with the themes from the first page? or whatever they want to do for Friday... I plan on finishing up the list as much as possible and of course, my rainbow pages too
  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008 12:13:08 PM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #574 on: July 13, 2008 02:02:30 PM »

Altered mommy – I LOVE the vibrancy of your page and the transfer – is it of some money? IS there a reason behind collecting red doors or just for fun?

the gel medium transfer is on the top of the first page, the hand taking a pulse.  thats just the basic lay down some gel medium, stick a photo copy image on it and burnish well with a spoon.  carefully peel off the paper before it dries.  Down on the bottom is a Chinese hell note that was glued on the page, painted over with a wash then parts scraped off before it dryed.  I like the beat up look Wink

I took my first pic of a red door in Holland a few years ago and now watch for them when I can.  I only have 4 so far the victoria one, holland, 2 from Mexico.  I'd like to do an altered photo display of them all after I find a few more.

I'm on the road next week and will take my journal along in case I have time to play in it.  the architecture theme is fine with me....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion opening in mid September!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #575 on: July 14, 2008 03:41:23 AM »

Really great pages this week! I haven't quite finished my architecture page yet, hopefully I'll get that finished today. I do have 4 other pages done though!

Of course since my internet connection at home seems to have gone wrong I can't get on and share them. Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
« Reply #576 on: July 14, 2008 07:58:43 AM »

Panthermoon - ah  I thought the letters were from a "dymo printer" - if you dont know what that is I described it to my husband as a thing which prints words on pieces of tape!!  D you have any pics of your scrapbooks you could show - I keep meaning to do some, mainly of our wedding photos which are still not in an album but I get too scared for some reason? Maybe I will try some soon - it cant be ALL that much different from this?

Altered mommy - are you on holiday? On the road sounds so exciting

OOh Phizzy I cant wait to see those pages now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gemcraft
Would love to swap journal ephemera if anyone is doing that
panthermoon
« Reply #577 on: July 14, 2008 10:05:36 AM »

I do have a Dymo printer, actually I have two, one prints bigger than the other, and after you mentioned it I wondered why I never thought of it for adding the word Life to the page... I do have several sheets with words or letters that are made to look they are printed on Dymo tape... did you know if you cut paper the width of the tape in strips you can run them through like the tape? I did that on a page once, I think it works better if the sheet has a white core...

I'll look around and see what I can find in scrapbook pages... won't have time today as none are scanned onto the computer... haven't done much with them lately though, so my style is probably a little different now... the main difference is that you need to make sure what you use on the page is safe for your pictures, or use copies of really important photos. I'm in the process of getting rolls of film developed so that I can back to working on them again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

« Reply #578 on: July 14, 2008 10:10:09 AM »

Speaking of Dymo printers - if you check out this link you can 'fake-your-own'  Dymo labels Grin

I have used these by printing it on to glossy photo paper and neatly cutting them out - that way they really do look like plasic labels
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #579 on: July 14, 2008 12:22:43 PM »

I'm saving that link... print on glossy paper... I'll remember that  Smiley

Oh! I just noticed that you can do it in lots of colors, I like that even better Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008 12:25:31 PM by panthermoon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Reverse Hair Damage with Your Diet
How To Manage "2nd Day" Hair
How to Style Half Up Prom Hair
Fashion Phenomenon: The Colouristsā€™ Bar
Festival De Cannes 2014: Beauty Rendezvous with Dessange and Dior
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...