A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 327649 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3160 on: January 23, 2012 07:02:24 PM »

Sonjaboo, it all looks wonderful! I love the shape of your current book. i'm excited to see more. Thanks for uploading those pics, I am getting starved for altered journal pages....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #3161 on: January 24, 2012 07:18:19 AM »

sonjaboo, those are beautiful pages. They make me want to get back to mine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3162 on: January 24, 2012 08:51:21 AM »

SonjaBoo
  I know what you mean about taking forever to get the pictures uploaded. I still need to get my travel journal photographed and uploaded, and I am almost through with my January journal, so I might just do both of them at the same time.

Your journals look great, I love the quote you added. I need to add more quotes to my journals, not sure why I never think about it.

Great work, I am excited to see what else you come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3163 on: January 25, 2012 12:35:30 PM »

Thank you ladies! I definitely have more photos, but don't want to overload. Cheesy  I'd like to make some more progress building these up -- I feel like I'm stuck on doing backgrounds lately. Heres another background I used watercolor pencils for the red color and a new ampersand stamp that Im sort of obsessed with lately. The heart is made from a sheet of music that I painted and added Perfect Pearls to a while ago. And the ruler on the right is a sticker.

Last night I went around the ampersands with a white gel pen, and I really like how that came out (this photo was taken pre-white pen) but that right page still needs a whole lot of something.

How many of you journal in your art books? Or do you just do altered books, meaning only art? I am a writer by profession, and would love to add my own words here and there -- but I'm not really a fan of stuff that has words like "Create" or "Find Joy" and stuff like that. (No offense to anyone that is!)  Then I think maybe I should write stuff thats funny, or write about my day.  But my days are boring! I dont know. Trying to find a happy medium here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #3164 on: January 25, 2012 03:53:26 PM »

I haven't written my book yet. I don't think I'd use it as a journal, but would be okay putting in things like quotes or facts. I love funny quirky quotes. I think I might to do a couple of those on my pages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Portia my Little Visitor's facebook

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 2/0/0
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3165 on: January 25, 2012 04:44:44 PM »

Lovely, sonjaboo! The ampersand stamp is cool. I'm not much for writing things out or conventional journaling, especially if I have to write it out by hand (i'd rather type!). I've been doing well with the calendar journaling because there's only a teeny space to write a couple phrases or sentences about the day...

A couple of years ago, though, I took a few weeks during my lunch breaks and wrote down things that I remembered about when I was a kid or teen. It was easy to write about, and something I would probably like reading a long time from now! So maybe that could be a happy medium! Memories and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KaoticKrafter

« Reply #3166 on: January 25, 2012 08:01:56 PM »

Sonjaboo, I love the red page. Sometimes I make a background with plans to come back to it but I never do. Probably because I end up starting a new journal each month Smiley

I have been keeping an altered journal/planner for a few months now. I like to journal a bit on each of the days, but I also like to have weekly pages where I can write down appointments, lists, etc.

Throughout the rest of the journal I just do whatever feels right at the time. Some journals end up a lot prettier, some more functional. This one seems to be more on the functional side.

Journal page

Random fun

Weekly Planner

Crayon Art-

Color a picture with regular crayons making sure to cover the entire page. Crumple up the picture, flatten, crumple it up again, then flatten it out. Paint over the picture with poster paint (I used watered down acrylic paint), then rinse off right away. Let it dry. Place between two pieces of paper and iron flat.

My favorite piece.

Just water color pencils and felt tip marker.

There are more photos http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=215137

I have a lot of pages where I just jotted down lists, notes about our upcoming move, etc. I also find that I get caught up reading the actual story Smiley

Oh, and sorry for the crappy photos. Some day I will make an awesome light box like the one Nooo has on her website Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3167 on: January 26, 2012 06:27:27 AM »

I really love the idea of circles to write in! I think that will be making its way into my book pretty soon. And I would love to hear more about your Junk Journal workshop on the 29th. Grin  Your work is awesome KhaoticKrafter!

One of my problems is that I also seem to have altered journal ADD -- in addition to this book, I have another book that I made, along with a homemade Smash type of thing and a mixed media book that I just picked up at Michaels because I had a coupon. So I have four books going on, but they all seem to fit different moods. Sometimes I like to work big, sometimes I work small. Sometimes I want to cut up paper, other times I want to slog paint around. It's not the most productive system in the world.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3168 on: January 26, 2012 04:39:29 PM »

I do like the circles, too! And the night scene, Those are lovely KK
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KaoticKrafter

« Reply #3169 on: January 26, 2012 05:28:39 PM »

The circles are fun Smiley I love those handy paper punches (which I have acquired from my mother-in-law :O)  )

Sonja- I had to reread my post to figure out how you knew about the Junk Journal Workshop Smiley I will be showing examples and teaching (I use the term loosely) people how to make these

The junk journal was my obsession over the summer, which gave me courage to try out the Altered Journals.

I also have days where I am in the mood to cut, or slop paint around. My husband laughed at me when I asked him one day, "Do you ever just really feel the need to write with a pencil?" He thought I was joking...I wasn't. Some days I just NEED to write with a pencil as opposed to a pen. Whatever mood strikes me, I just add it to my book of the month (which will be neat to look back on in the future). About the only time I work separately is if I have a desire to work BIG, but that doesn't happen often.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipes
Traditional BBQ Recipes with a Twist
How to Prepare Delicious BBQ Sauce
Cranberry and Herb Turkey Burger Recipe
Express Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...