A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 303874 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3030 on: January 22, 2011 05:15:45 PM »

I did something about the stressed out, tired and annoyed mess that used to be me!

Starting this week, I'm going to university for the next three years to become an occupational therapist. That will mean reasonable hours, lunch breaks, and best of all: no night shifts. Not very well paid but better than now.
I'm in a long-distance group because I have a five-hour train ride to school so I'm gonna do most of the reading at home, with lectures and group discussions online, and go to campus for exams a couple of times every semester.
I also made a new friend who is taking the same programme. She lives half an hour from me so we'll be able to do some assignments together and help each others with motivation and reading.
I'm keeping my job but working much less, about ten hours per week instead of 50-60 which means I'll only have to drive to town once a week instead of the five times I've been going there until now.

It's going to be lots of hard work but I'm really happy I decided to do it!
I'll probably have to hide my journal and take it out only when I'm done studying for the day though Smiley

Congratulations on such a great, new direction!  Doesn't it suck that we have to let it get soooo bad before we'll finally make the jump?  I'm really happy for you and your new start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
malmow
« Reply #3031 on: January 23, 2011 09:08:42 AM »

I'm excited for you, Imrahil!
I like your pages, flying ferret! The little blue monster is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3032 on: January 23, 2011 11:34:00 AM »

Beautiful pages! Your owl is so cute!

I've been busy packing recently so I've not had much time to work on my book, but they're packing up all our stuff tomorrow so I'm sure the next couple of weeks staying in hotels will give me lots of time to work on my book Tongue Next stop...England! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #3033 on: January 23, 2011 02:04:41 PM »

Adorable owl! And congrats gavagai on the life change! Smiley

Here are some of my first journal pages for 2011. I've been playing around with different color combinations and drawing lots of different faces.

By the way, mine isn't strictly an "altered" journal since I am working in a new book... I hope it's still OK that I post pics here! Would love to get comments and tips from you talented gals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog
My wist
would love to do a personal swap/atc swap! pm me Smiley
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3034 on: January 23, 2011 03:30:30 PM »

Definitely post your book here, we'd love to see it! Grin Wonderful pages, karin_! I really Love your January page!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

starfish13
« Reply #3035 on: January 24, 2011 02:20:21 AM »

I love the idea of a diary page, and you've made it look so pretty. Do you fill it in as you go? 

I'm such a slacker that I'd never manage to keep it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012:  Uncharted Waters
imrahil
« Reply #3036 on: January 24, 2011 05:13:22 AM »

Doesn't it suck that we have to let it get soooo bad before we'll finally make the jump? 

Yeah, why do we do that to ourselves?

I worked a bit in my journal last night, and made Skull Man a nice Skull Wife! I'll show it to you tonight.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #3037 on: January 24, 2011 09:58:28 AM »

The january page is actually part of a challenge started by Kathryn over at the Kathryn Wheel blog. More info and list of participants here, and the flickr group is here. Check it out!

I love the idea of a diary page, and you've made it look so pretty. Do you fill it in as you go? 

I'm such a slacker that I'd never manage to keep it up.

I do try to fill it in as I go along, but sometimes I'll forget and do several days at once to catch up. As long as I don't let too much time pass I can usually remember something about the day in question. Smiley *bad memory*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog
My wist
would love to do a personal swap/atc swap! pm me Smiley
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3038 on: January 25, 2011 04:34:19 PM »

Karin_ oh my gosh I LOVE your pages! Your drawings and cat person are so cute! LOVE IT! i also love the shape of your book, I really love rounded corners, I can't seem to find a sketchbook around here that looks like that! I'm going to hobby lobby on thursday to see if they have one!

I'm also doing the Kathryn Wheel calendar challenge! I finished the layout jan 1, but I haven't done anything all month so my days are blank. :\ I'm always so inspired by her, I can't seem to get such amazing bright colorful backgrounds, but I'm trying!! I really want to buy some of the stamps she uses, the funky/creepy ones! Hopefully I can soon! Or get my boyfriend to! Wink

I think later tonight I might work in my book!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digreen
Green 'n Flakey Dianic Digitalist

Change is the only Constant

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: January 26, 2011 10:55:58 AM »

Gorgeous pages Karin!  and thanks for the links...I am joining now...better late than never, plus I often 'start' my year around my bday in early feb, near Chinese NY (though I'm Ukrainian) and Imbolc/Candlemas/(Maslenitsa).  But you motivated me to start a new alteration, and with it, another blog!  Phew!  Tongue   Cheesy

Thanks again, total Craftster newb.  Smiley   Cheesy    Shocked   
 Kiss   Kiss    Kiss  to all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

INTERESTED IN PERSONAL SWAPS: before I become a FoC!

Newish to craftster; I enjoy yarn, paper, pixels, alta(e)red art and ATCs, collagey-journals,  jewelry, natural toiletries, design, and upcycling; fave themes include Goddesses, gals, gardens, fashion, fun, thrift and thankfulness; color purpl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply New Benefit Stay Flawless 15-Hour Primer
Adam Levine Proactiv+
Sweat-Proof Your Makeup Routine
How to Use and Clean Your Clarisonic Brush the Right Way
5 Ways to Avoid Acne Breakouts in the Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...