A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
533 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 327246 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2130 on: July 29, 2009 02:54:25 AM »

I really love that lion page too!

That sounds like an awesome find snowbird! I can't wait to see how bits work into your journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2131 on: July 29, 2009 06:05:51 AM »

WOW snowbird! That is totally awesome. I think that's the kind of thing that papercrafters have dreams about..... lol.... use it well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graverobbergirl
« Reply #2132 on: July 29, 2009 07:04:54 AM »

Again, haven't commented in a bit...

Those grandmother pages were really touching. I can just feel all the emotion and memories you all put into those pages.

noooitare-I love that lion line drawing. I kind of like the pipe cleaner cat, too.

snowbird-so jealous of your antique finds! That sort of stuff makes me so excited. Always has... hence the useless archaeology degree, I guess...

Some progress on my Trekkie pages... (I feel like they're almost finished. Why is there always so much more text showing on my pages?)

Orion Slave Girl with her outfit completed

Picture's not very good, but here's Kirk vs. the Gorn. Looks like he's in a bad spot! Couldn't resist the paper mache boulder that's pinning him down. (I found some old homemade paper that seemed the perfect texture.)

And here's my incomplete Quilt page, kind of like the quilt I'm making for my parents' anniversary currently is...

I'm thinking about adding text, imagery or something aout my parents' 25th. Maybe I'll look up and scan one of their old wedding photos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2133 on: July 29, 2009 07:08:03 AM »

Graverobber- the slave girl's outfit is fantastic!!!!!!!!! The coloring on the rest of your characters is looking really good, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graverobbergirl
« Reply #2134 on: July 29, 2009 07:10:04 AM »

Thanks!  Smiley Crayola crayons & markers-gotta love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2135 on: July 29, 2009 07:24:38 AM »

Kirk vs. the Gorn is great! Very nicely composed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AromaRageST
« Reply #2136 on: July 29, 2009 07:31:06 AM »

I love all the grandmother pages, Im so jealous of you all having good memorys and experiences with your grandmothers. One of mine I dont know very well. And the other I avoid at all costs, shes really mean to me, and as much as I know shes old and I should go see her, I just cant face it, my mum called her about a month ago, and was filling her in with whats happening with me (getting engaged and moving etc) and my nan responded by asking if I was still fat! the look on my mums face was priceless, she was so appalled.
So yes, no grandmother pages for me.
Having just moved into a tiny flat, I had to get rid of most of my supplies untill we had room for them. I just unpacked by book this morning and will start gathering new supplies when I get the money. If any of you have any spare stuff you wanna send me I would love you forever! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #2137 on: July 29, 2009 09:11:38 AM »

Aroma - my Grandmothers are still around, they love me but neither of them are nice people. One set had to go camping rather than come to either my wedding or grad school graduation. The other is mean enough to outlive all of us.
Clarissa Pinkola Estes book She who runs with the wolves talks about people who feel that they're born into the wrong family. At some point in your journey, your true grandmothers will, if they haven't already, appear. I've been fortunate and I now have 5 REAL TRUE grandmas who love and adore me in the ways that only Grandmas can!

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #2138 on: July 29, 2009 09:37:58 AM »

Aroma to be honest my grandma that passed was CRAZY and it wasn't the old age. She was difficult to talk to and while I do have nice memories I have to deal with the guilt that I never got to know her. So there you don't have to be so jealous  Tongue But really, the lack of nice grandmas just means that you can appreciate your other relationships that much more. Hopefully they are a lot more special to you because you aren't taking advantage of what you have.

Anyone have any advice on how to reinforce a cover that may be falling off? I was thinking of hinges but I don't know how I'd go about attaching them...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2139 on: July 29, 2009 09:47:57 AM »

What about a slide-over cover for it in sturdy fabric? May not be perfect for your end look, but may help while you're working in it? Would have to be pretty tight though I guess.

Or you could re-do the spine piece with p/leather, just over the original and onto the front and back covers a little.

I've not had to try either of these yet, but I have a feeling this book isn't as sturdy as the last one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Old Burnt Parchment Paper in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a 3D Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Brushed Metal Texture in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Chrome Metal Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Custom Color Palette From an Image in Fireworks CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...