A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 310833 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Starairi

Lifelong crafter

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: July 14, 2009 08:58:24 AM »

Wow! Great pages everyone! We sure are a creative little bunch aren't we? I mean... We never seem to make anything that's been made before, or if that happens, it's always in such different styles! I'm impressed!

I went on a shopping spree for scrapbooking supplies today! Hopefully it will show in my work. I'm going to start a page tonight and see it I can finish it and post if before I go to bed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Passionate cosplayer and crafter.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1831 on: July 14, 2009 09:01:38 AM »

You draw the BEST woodland creatures! That's a great page! I love your bird page too, Kitty looks so sweet!

I've just started a bird page too because of the title of my first play!
There's a terrace bar we go to that overlooks the cathedral. Late evening the sky is full of swifts...then some bats...then the sparrow hawks come out! It's fascinating to watch them! I'm going to try and incorporate them into my pages somehow.

Yay for new scrapbooking supplies! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Starairi

Lifelong crafter

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: July 14, 2009 09:14:47 AM »

Oh by the way... Since I am very new to scrapbooking and all... I have no clue how you do the aged effect on things... You know how people make things a little extra brownish around the edges... I have no clue what that is called or how you do it, but it really facinates me. It's a nice effect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Passionate cosplayer and crafter.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1833 on: July 14, 2009 09:17:32 AM »

You can do that by rubbing the edge against an ink pad. I use a paintbrush sometimes too, for hard to reach areas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1834 on: July 14, 2009 09:24:48 AM »

Selkie- Is that a picture of a Harry Potter Lego with a Giant Time Turner on the right page? Oh am I just so excited for the HP movie that I'm just imagining it?! Cheesy

It's not HP  -  although after you said that I looked at it and it does look similar! It's a picture of a magnetic navigational compass from a kids encyclopedia from the age of discovery... I was a Quartermaster or Navigator in the USCG!!!

noooitare - I love the Keith Haring style of the critters! Very happy!

panther - the birds cry quote makes me think of DH Lawrence's self-pity... I guess that is going to become another page!!!

I'm so amazed by everyone's work - it's wonderful to interact with so many people who get it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
noooitaremybirthday
Tutorial Contributor

You don't have to type the whole thing...Call me Nooo :D

I've gone through like 5 gluesticks this week...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1835 on: July 14, 2009 09:27:43 AM »

You draw the BEST woodland creatures! That's a great page! I love your bird page too, Kitty looks so sweet!

I've just started a bird page too because of the title of my first play!
There's a terrace bar we go to that overlooks the cathedral. Late evening the sky is full of swifts...then some bats...then the sparrow hawks come out! It's fascinating to watch them! I'm going to try and incorporate them into my pages somehow.

Yay for new scrapbooking supplies! Grin

Lol, Kitty looks sweet, but no one really likes her but me! She bites! Bites other people that is. I know all her body language, so I rarely if ever get bit.

Aren't flying animals soooo fascinating?! I can't wait to see your new pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

panthermoon
« Reply #1836 on: July 14, 2009 09:46:09 AM »

Wow! Great pages everyone! We sure are a creative little bunch aren't we? I mean... We never seem to make anything that's been made before, or if that happens, it's always in such different styles! I'm impressed!

I agree, even when we are incorporating other people's elements we make them our own  Smiley

Thanks for all the nice comments on my pages... I thought people might find the birds cry page depressing

selkie I like how you are getting so much of your life in your pages

noooitaremybirthday I like that nightmare page you did & the animal drawings too

Phizzy nice pages as usual  Smiley It's going to be interesting to see what you do with words... Smiley

I'm trying to put more things about me in mine... the psychedelic page has pictures of me, and the hand on the flight page is mine, even if I did alter them in some way...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in trading? ATC Gallery

Wists

100 Theme 12/100
Happy 100 ATC 6/100
100 Music Theme 4/100
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: July 14, 2009 09:56:11 AM »

Oh by the way... Since I am very new to scrapbooking and all... I have no clue how you do the aged effect on things... You know how people make things a little extra brownish around the edges... I have no clue what that is called or how you do it, but it really facinates me. It's a nice effect!

To age things (I wouldn't suggest this for your journal pages but you could do other paper and glue them in.) I pour dark tea or coffee in a shallow dish then soak papers in it. Then it looks really cool if put some darker brown watercolors in splotches  on the page (One time on accident I set the paper I was aging in some cleaning supplies that had spilled on my outdoor paper and it look awesome) Then let them dry in the sun or in front of a fan, once they are completely dry, burn the edges a little or use an ink pad on the edges (or both!) Hope that helped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1838 on: July 14, 2009 10:35:21 AM »

for aging paper, i use watercolors. first i put down a coat of yellow, then a coat of brown. the i put darker brown around the edges and blend them inwards, then i so the same with black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1839 on: July 14, 2009 10:37:00 AM »

Wow, we've got so many new contributors! I love the new styles.

imrahil, I really like your camping page. The shoelaces are great! I want to start using some maps, they look really cool.

Phizzy, that first page with Dumas is really cool. I love how the paisly with "word" in it looks like it's his speech bubble. Cheesy

noooitaremybirthday, I seriously love all your pages, I couldn't pick one that's my favorite!

I have a few to share today, not on any theme. The first began when I had some pink paint that I wanted to use up, and I kept adding bits over a few weeks. The note is something my mom put in my wallet one day.

The next one I wanted to experiment with cutting up the pages, so I cut some triangles from the edge and then held them back in place with a strip of cloth ribbon.

The hat doodle is a note my friend passed me in the library for no discernible reason.
Here's a good view of the cut out part:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Our Favorite Summer Blushes
The Fake Eyelash Secret No One Ever Told You
How to Create the Perfect Cat Eye
4 Secrets to Long Lasting Lipstick
How to Wash Your Face Like a Pro
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...