A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 307994 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #1710 on: July 06, 2009 11:12:16 PM »

I love the new pages! They are great!
I have a question for all of you..what is your trick to getting your pages to come on here so clear? No matter rather I scan or take a pic it still comes out crummy when I post it. I must be doing something wrong here.
Anyway...here is my page for the lace theme..its pretty empty because I just couldnt come up with much to put on it but its simple I guess I like it. But as useuall it was lost in translation so to speak when I scanned it. I even tried takeing  apic of it on the document setting with my camera but no better...anyhow here it is
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1711 on: July 06, 2009 11:27:45 PM »

I can't really think of any special way that I take pictures. All I can think of is the bright light from the flash washes out the colors. I had a large lamp that I have covered in a plastic bag to difuse the light, i put my book under it and turn off the flash on my camera when I take the pictures. I always take a macro picture, too just in case it looks better, but it usually doesn't with the book pages (it works better with smaller items like inchies, atcs). That's all I really do, nothing special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: July 06, 2009 11:54:22 PM »

I make sure I am in a very bright room. My art room has bright light so I turn the flash off and I usually use macro as well. Or I wait and take one outside. It is the best way to have the true colors of the photo show.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 07, 2009 12:08:58 AM »

Thanks thats what Ill do next time..Ive had it up to here trying to scan them Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1714 on: July 07, 2009 05:16:24 AM »

I love all the new pages!

I think sometimes it best not to think about where a page is going, and just let it happen. Some of my best pages have been completely random, but then turn out to have connections. Sometimes, if I see an artist I like I notice that I'm influenced by them in my journal. Could be colours they use together or a theme or image. I think that's a good thing for artistic development though. Smiley

I preferred the scans I took at first, but then my book got so bulky I couldn't scan it. I did have to alter the picture though and so the 'auto correct' to get the scan to look accurate. My scanner also has different settings depending on what you're scanning, so that night be worth looking into on your scanner maybe? Natural light without flash works best I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malmow
« Reply #1715 on: July 07, 2009 08:27:23 AM »

Thanks for all the compliments. This is definitely a learning and growing process.
Snowbird- I was shocked at how much better my pictures turned out when I started taking them outside. The natural light does amazing things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1716 on: July 07, 2009 08:41:06 AM »

I'm seriously terrified of the apocalypse so I try not to watch any new/movies/tv shows that have ANYTHING to do with it. The whole crystal skull/2012/Nulcear war terrifies me, it makes me feel sick and give me anxiety and I have panic attacks.

Me too. I saw a teaser preview for that 2012 movie they're putting out before some comedy in the theatres a few months ago. Completely ruined my entire night. My DH tries to convince me not to worry, but once I start thinking about it there's no stopping the ensuing panic... ugggh. The Iranian protests have been pretty poorly covered on the television; I've been getting most of my information from reputable web sites and as odd as it is, Twitter. It's helpful to skim out all the stuff I just don't need to hear.

As for photos, I used to scan my pages too, but like Phizzy, I'm at a point in my book where it won't lie flat enough to scan anymore. I liked the scans because I could get all the details in really well, but I had to adjust the colours in photoshop to make them more correct. Now I take my book outside when it's sunny and photograph it, since natural sunlight seems to keep the colours true.

If I have to take photos inside, I do it in our office, since it's the brightest room in the house. The photos always come out a little off though, because there are three different types of lighting in the room. Even with setting my white balance manually I sometimes get greyish pictures. Ick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

« Reply #1717 on: July 07, 2009 09:12:56 AM »

just remember that if the world ends it wont matter because we'll all be dead Smiley but really we'll be just fine! dont worry. i think the Mayans just got bored making calenders for so frickin far away
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1718 on: July 07, 2009 10:28:52 AM »

just remember that if the world ends it wont matter because we'll all be dead Smiley but really we'll be just fine! dont worry. i think the Mayans just got bored making calenders for so frickin far away

It's not so much the dying that bothers me, oddly enough, I'm ok with that. It's the how that freaks me out.  Roll Eyes Maybe I should journal about it.. I hear it's good therapy. LoL.

I suspect they got bored as well. The DH is obsessed with Mayan culture after living in Honduras for a few years before we met and has tried to talk to me about it, and I just tune him out. Poor guy. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audio
Nobody could do that much découpage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

« Reply #1719 on: July 07, 2009 10:44:42 AM »

The part that freaks me out is that I'm only going to be 21 in 2012, I'm still going to be a baby, I won't have lived much of my life, I'll still be in school!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tricks For Corporate Attire From Jill Martin
Three Wardrobe Must-Haves From Jill Martin
How Do You Pull Off a Crop Top? Ask Jessica Alba
Four Hot Trends From Milan Fashion Week
Diane Kruger Found Her Spirit Animal - Find Yours!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...