A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
768 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 322
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Altered Journal-a-long-CLOSED--see last page for NEW THREAD  (Read 291057 times)
Tags for this thread: altered , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1680 on: July 01, 2009 08:07:34 PM »

Like I said, I've actually been working on my book. OK, I have to confess that this is my third book to start altering. It was a book about the Shawnee Indian (Native American) named Tecumseh. I actually love Native American history/design, so some of these pages are probably goign to be rpetty blank because I like what is written on them.

The FIrst think I did was cut and paint the front cover. I'm still goign to add stuff to it later on, but this is what I have so far. I really love the design!

Inside cover! with the Alpha letter, and random stamps and pictures, and some Radiohead lyrics (you'll probably be seeing very many Radiohead lyrics, as they are my favorite band, and I usually listen to my itunes when I'm crafting so I always write down random words lines from any artist.)

Aliens Exist. It's kinda dirty Wink. But I'm a nerd so I'll have a few alien related pages along the way! I was just having some fun with my new, very nice water color pencils!

Bird Page! I have a bunch of cute bird stamps so I had to do this page. Also ther are some random Disturbed lyrics.

Harry Potter THemed Magic page. I used a whole bunch of different HP related stamps that I got in the HP swap! I love HP, so this was alot of fun. The clock stamp I got at a garage sale, It's so much fun to use!

Smile page with a kittie. The oposite page is highlighted areas of a speech I really liked!

This is one of my favorite pages. I found the picture in one of my moms magazines and Ifell in love. The stamp in the corner I got in the HP swap, it's my family crest!

Thanks it so far... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: July 01, 2009 09:11:10 PM »

I love that evil smile the cat has and the clock on the harry potter page. good job!
I really need to get some watercolor pencils. Ive been doing 95% of my journaling from items I raided from my kids art box. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All That I'm After Is A Life Full Of Laughter
As Long As I'm Laughing With You
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1682 on: July 02, 2009 02:11:23 AM »

Snowbird, that's a wonderful page, I really like the way you have the clouds so you can read the text underneath.

They look great, audio, I love that cat page too!

Hey Phizzy, I was wondering if you mean you double you're pages, like two pages are glued together, so that they are thicker/less see thru? ANd what kind of pen do you use with your water colors? The only thing I can use is a sharpie, it's the only thing that doesn't bleed when I use water colors, but it is also very annoying because it goes thru the pages so easily.

No, I just left all the pages as they were without sticking any down. I just meant that when each page is opened and you're looking at two opened pages there are 85 of them, there's 170 or so actual pages. It's hard to explain Cheesy

I use lots of different ink pens, my current favourite is a Staedtler pigment liner because it's waterproof and doesn't bleed at all. Sometimes I like things to run though so I can use a wet paintbrush with them for shading. I also have Pilot V-2000, Pilot V5, Zebra Gel Rollerball as the ones that think I use the most.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnyxSaphire
« Reply #1683 on: July 02, 2009 09:18:55 AM »

isabelchun -  I LOVE your bird page. Awesome start Smiley I like how you made party that was sticking out have the date. I meant to put dates on my page but I've forgotten too many times and feel dumb to start it now.

phizzy - amazing pages as awesome! I love the pictures of your finished journal. artistic chaos Smiley How many books have you finished, if you don't mind me asking?

audio - I love the crazy eye fairy on your cover page (I'm a sucker for faeries!) and the smiling cat is creepy but cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OnyxSaphire
« Reply #1684 on: July 02, 2009 09:32:40 AM »

Some pages that I have finished

My birds, this actually has a story to it (I'll try to keep it short). My mom walks everywhere. One dark, dreary day she returns home carrying a canary that she found on her way home. We happened to have a bird cage so we took it in and thanks to the circumstances that day we decided to call her  Sunshine. Fast forward a month later again my mom comes to the door, this time however she's carrying a wren that seemed to have fallen out of it's nest (it couldn't fly) so this one was named Moonbeam (to be a contrast to Sunshine). Sadly these aren't pictures of the actual birds, I couldn't find any good ones, So i had to borrow them from online but they looked just like them Smiley

And my dragon page, sorry no story here
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1685 on: July 02, 2009 09:40:11 AM »

That's a great story Onyx, and I love that page! I really like the layering on that dragon page too.

This is my 4th altered book like this, but the others have been mainly for events/holidays. Two of those are Glastonbury Festival books. I think they're both in my profile, I think I put a few photo's on here. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: July 02, 2009 10:48:43 AM »

I love the story behind the birds it reminds me of my grandma, rest her soal, she use to bring hurt birds home all the time and nurse them back to health
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isabelchun
« Reply #1687 on: July 02, 2009 09:32:02 PM »

July 1st was hong kong's handover day. it's been 12 years.
so... heres a page about it:

two birds = british & chinese
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009 09:32:58 PM by isabelchun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: July 02, 2009 09:57:44 PM »

I love all the paisley on those pages! What do you use to color them in? It looks awesome!

I finished my alphabet page  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowbird49908

crazy looks good on me

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: July 02, 2009 11:17:09 PM »

isabell..I like how the feathers hang over the page

smuckers I love the flip flops!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 322 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle - Part 3
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle Part 2
Learn Devil Went Down to Georgia on Fiddle, Part 1
How to Print a Coloring Book Using Personal Photos
Violin Lessons - How to Use the Violin Bow
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...