A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
379 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOC Raffle Swap - Theme Ideas for the Next Rounds??  (Read 16952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 28, 2008 08:09:43 AM »

Hi there!  Just started a VERY promising first round of the Friends Of Craftster Raffle Swap and am DEFINITELY looking to do a Round 2 within about 3-4 weeks after this first round is over.  I will have no issues organizing it either Smiley  I think I will make this swap my 'baby' and look after it and nurture it as if it were my own.  LOL!

Anyways....I thought I would start a FOC Raffle Swap Theme Ideas thread and see what great ideas all you FOC have for the next rounds!  I WILL give credit to the FOC that thought of it...and you WILL get mad props from me to you in the swap guidelines and throughout that round's thread  Kiss

My own ideas I was throwing around are:

~ Housewares theme - anything to use in the home, such as sewing machine covers, kitchen appliance covers, snazzy bulletin boards, coaster and placemat sets, sets of mug cozies....you get the idea  Cheesy

~ Totebag/Market bag theme - this would be a LARGE item swap, as totes do take some time, materials, and money to make.  Something to take to the fleamarket, grocery store, or even to the beach!

~ All Jewelry, All the Time theme - ANY style of jewelry you know how to do; hemp, resin, polymer clay, beaded, even crochet choker necklaces (see my wist, see me LUSTING after a crocheted choker!!  LOL!)

I love all of my ideas, and I KNOW I will love yours too Smiley  So, watcha thinkin'?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
elvissatx
Bad Girl Upset By The Truth

Ruby, my smart fortwo cabriolet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008 08:34:31 AM »

I love that this is going to be ongoing, and I love the housewares and market bag ideas.

I'd probably stay out of the jewelry themed one, just because I don't wear any of the stuff (and therefore don't know how to make any of it either).

But I'd love to also see some "concept" theme swaps-- like music, or love.  And perhaps a color theme-- blue, or black and white or something like that.  And it would also be super-fun to have some holiday swaps-- like Halloween or Thanksgiving.

Just my 2 cents.  Take it for what its worth (which is probably less than 2 cents!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cool!  I made the Best of 2009 twice!   Check 'em out! 

Yo-Yo Dress of Doom http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299010.0

Smart Santa Hat http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330595.0
Homerof2

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008 10:02:35 AM »

I, too, would stay out of a jewelry themed one as I am fairly sensitive to what metals I can wear.

I think a color theme would be fun and I'd like to see a holiday theme for Christmas.  Thanksgiving would be hard as it's not celebrated the same time in all countries.  And along that line, I'd be very sad to see this swap go to US only!!

At this point I can't think of any other themes but I'll think on it.  I'm going to be interested to see if interest keeps up if it goes to themes rather than just 'make your best item'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cynlynn

Honey, milk doesn't come from chickens.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008 10:41:21 AM »

what about a relaxation/pamper theme?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/cynlynn
Personal Swap anyone?
TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008 11:52:43 AM »

Great ideas so far, everyone!

Homerof2 - I think I may do ONE US ONLY round, just for those that may really like the raffle idea, but who are unable (due to cost or other reasons) to ship internationally.  I may do that as a jewelry swap, as it would be small and inexpensive even to ship throughout the US.

I totally spaced on color themed swaps.  I love combos of colors like black red and white, aqua teal and turquoise blues, pink black and white, or a single uniform color like purple, red, or teal.

I think I definitely could get into a holiday themed raffle.  Maybe one for Christmas, as if prizes won could not be used by the person that wins them they can be given as gifts.  I think there may be too much going on for Halloween, I know I will be busy doing a haunted house at one of my friend's houses, so I may opt to do the small US only swap around that time.

Hmmmm....relaxation....can you elaborate a little more on what types of things that could be made for that?  The only things I can think of are face/eye masks and lotions and soaps  Huh  Havin' a blockage on that one...

Keep 'em coming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

ETSY
PINTEREST

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008 02:15:12 PM »

I'm still thinking of ideas of my own, but I have some suggestions for the relaxation theme. Along with masks, lotions, and soaps... you could also do washcloths/puffs, bubble bath, bath salts or bombs, lip balm, calming room/linen spray, maybe a sleep mask, and um relaxing edibles? Cheesy Tongue Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008 07:06:55 PM »

Yeah, there you go!  I had a brain blockage, could not think of anything other than masks, lotion and soap  Tongue  Der...

I don't know how to make any of that stuff though Sad  Argh...I may just have to organize and not participate if that were the chosen theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

ETSY
PINTEREST

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Tsuki_Tsubasa
~*Meow*~

Resident book worm..... X3

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008 10:41:32 PM »

I love the color and holiday theme ideas! <3 Grin Some other ideas I had were like animal themes, a celestial/outer space theme might be cool. Or maybe a book kind of theme? Like things with book quotes or pics of books maybe. I'm also all for the purse or tote theme! Can't have too many of those. X3 Another thing I thought of was seasonal themes. Like a fall theme, or winter theme. I unno, that's all I got right now. My brain went to bed on me a couple hours ago. lol I'll try to think of more later. ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world."
Oscar Wilde
kaymadben
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008 09:29:59 AM »

owls seem popular and lots of ideas and tutorials out there to make different owl things.

recycle seems popular. Could do the recycled tote theme. Could be crocheted from plastic bags, fused plastic bags, sheets, curtains, anything reusable without buying new fabric. And simple with maybe one pocket on inside and/or outside. They have lots of tuts on here for that too. And would be rather low cost.

I would like a US only round because I can't afford too much int'l shipping. But I wouldn't like the jewelry round. Seems you would want to do jewelry int'l since that prob wouldn't be so much to ship overseas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008 05:04:34 PM »

Some theme ideas: items inspired by season, autumn, winter, spring, summer; spa/bath (which kind of goes with relaxation); pincushion (everyone needs pincushions-knitter, crocheter, embroidery, beading, sewers, etc.); maybe a retro or particular decade (50's, 60's, 70's, 80's) inspired round

And I always love -- animals, monsters, robots, trees, coffee/tea, birds, cupcakes, fairies/gnomes, mythical creatures, nature inspired items

I love the other ideas as well: bags, relaxation, jewelry, holidays, eco-friendly/recycle, particular color or color combos

Really I don't think you could go wrong.  (Of course your not going to please all of the people all of the time.)  I just love the mystery and one item aspect of this swap idea.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 05:07:36 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dry Flowers
Halloween Party Wine Bottle Make-Over
Fashion Crafts for Kids
How to Upcycle Fashions With Dyed Buttons
Floral Cupcake Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...