A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: boyfriend going to greece  (Read 769 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

damn the man
« on: May 27, 2008 09:44:01 PM »

hey i just wanted to see if any of you lovely crafters had any ideas or suggestions for me... my boyfriend is going to be going to greece for 5 weeks this summer starting at the beginning of july and i wanted to make him (or send him i guess) some sort of cute care package to remind him of me and home...

a little about us:
his name is Paul, we've been together for about a year and a half and we go to Cornell together... he's from rhode island and i'm from ny so over the summer last year we'd meet in the middle of nowhere connecticut to see eachother.. he's irish and i'm colombian.. he  really likes the celtics... we like doing crosswords together and he likes reading especially vonnegut

if anything else would help, let me know.. but that's all i can think of for now...

thanks for any suggestions!
-vanessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lustinthemovies
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008 10:59:48 PM »

Well i dont know about something to make him, but simple things like sening him a couple of cross word books im sure would be apprecaited. He likes reading so send him a reeeeeeeeeeeeally long letter all about what you've been up to, i know you'll proably have phone contact but letters are so much nicer to recieve Smiley

In terms of craftyness something very generic like a collage of pictures of you both or a photo frame with a nice pic would probably be appreciated. Beyond that I dont really know, especially since posting something all that way might be a problem...dunno if that helps at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Lustinthemovies

http://lustinthemovies1989.blogspot.com/

Will exchange pixie skirt/ record bag/ handmade earrings/ other sewn paraphanalia/ true love/ my soul for knitty's 'cleaves' Smiley
combatbaby
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008 05:24:51 AM »

a cute idea might be to make him a little book/photo album in the style of "a day in the life of...". that way, though he couldn't be with you in person, he can feel like he spent the day with you. you know, take pictures all day long of where you went and what you did and put in captions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
damn the man
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008 12:19:04 PM »

those are really cute ideas, thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo flower girl
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008 07:45:53 AM »

You could make him a crossword book!  You know, make up your own.  They could be themed pages like "Greece," "Cornell," "You + Me" (well - you and him!) etc.  There are websites to do this, just google crossword puzzle maker.  I bet you could make it into a really cute book.  You could even make it into an activity book with not only crossword pages, but coloring pages (drawings of you guys or photos made to look like drawings) and a maze puzzle that has one of you at the start and one of you at the finish... aawww... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
estelle
Fiddle-dee-dee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008 07:18:40 AM »

You could also make him a pillow and stencil something on the corner. I'm very picky about my own pillows, and I really wish it had fit in my suitcase when I went to Greece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Sari
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ian Irvine Talks About The Last Albatross
Doug Stanton Talks About Horse Soldiers
Linda Mintle Talks About Press Pause Before You Eat
Suzanne Guillette Talks About Much To Your Chagrin
Daniel Gross Talks About Dumb Money
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...