A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Scarf with clouds **now with pattern-post#32  (Read 20615 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stealtheshow

Work is beginning to be a nuisance for my crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2008 08:48:26 AM »

I had to become a member of craftster just to show my appreciation and my crochet scarf.... http://www.flickr.com/photos/8935193@N05/2727241109/ Smiley Brilliant idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2008 10:15:38 AM »

We're glad you joined and posted your link, great job! This pattern has tickled the fancies of a lot of us around here, so thanks again, everkutz, for sharing it with us, you have definitely started a trend.

Now that you're amongst crafty friends, stealtheshow, I'm sure you'll be finding all sorts of things to whip up for yourself and others. My favorite way of seeing what's new is to go to the home page and click on the "Recent With Pics" button to the left of the menu. I also explore the forums, there's some fabulous crafting goin' on there. I hope you stick around and maybe even join one of the many swaps that go on around here. Again, welcome to Craftsters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everkutz
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2008 08:31:45 PM »

Welcome to Craftster, Stealtheshow!  Nice rainbow scarf! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
stealtheshow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2008 06:57:34 AM »

thank you very much for the welcome!

The tip about "Recent with pics" has kept me well entertained today at work. And now I really want to sew properly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lobsterchicky
What's Up, Science Bitchezzzz?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2008 10:58:33 AM »

Love, love, love, and your clouds are way better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stealtheshow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2008 05:50:54 AM »

Thanks! I used the crochet circle method on Happy Hooker, and was kind of sad when I was done with all my circles, I had so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ainadaliel
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2008 09:47:15 PM »

Love, love LOVE!!! And perfect timing, my friend just asked me to make a ROYGBIV scarf for her!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ainadaliel
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2008 04:50:36 PM »

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

This scarf is way too easy to need a pattern!  There is only 1 row of each color and each row is done in double crochet.  Remember, the colors of the rainbow are ROY G BIV..Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.  So begin with the violet or red if you wish, and make a chain for as long as you want the scarf to be plus 3 chains for turning, and begin double crocheting the length of the chain.  When you get to the end, tie off and begin with the next color.  Repeat for all colors and the rainbow part is done! 

Hi, just a question...do you fasten off and start the next row at the first stitch of the last row, or do you continue on to the back?

So it's like working left to right, then right to left, or do you do every row from the right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2008 05:33:37 PM »

I turn mine with each row. I don't actually cut the yarn at each end of the row, I like to just pick up the next color at the end on my last pull-through of the yarn, chain and then turn so there's no knot to worry about. I work both strands into the first few stitches, snip off the previous color and continue "hiding" it and go on from there.

All of that said, everyone has their own way of crocheting, so I would encourage you to experiment. I hope you post a photo of your scarf when you've finished it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ainadaliel
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2008 12:21:17 AM »

I turn mine with each row. I don't actually cut the yarn at each end of the row, I like to just pick up the next color at the end on my last pull-through of the yarn, chain and then turn so there's no knot to worry about. I work both strands into the first few stitches, snip off the previous color and continue "hiding" it and go on from there.

All of that said, everyone has their own way of crocheting, so I would encourage you to experiment. I hope you post a photo of your scarf when you've finished it!

Hmm...okay...I've been going with the Debbie Stoller "Stripes and Stripes Forever" pattern, 'cept doing it in DC...so I've been cutting off each end and starting from the beginning again.

I will definitely post a photo when I'm done! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
T-Rex Room-Mate Tube Reverb Pedal Demo
The One Choice Technique in Sudoku
Basic Rules of Sudoku
The One Place Technique in Sudoku
How to Finish Sudoku
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...