A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,398
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Scarf with clouds **now with pattern-post#32  (Read 19394 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

write_diva
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008 06:16:31 AM »

yeah, i would love the pattern if you wish to share it!  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008 08:04:19 PM »

LOVE it! That may be my next scarf to wear in the chilly mountain winter... eheh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
everkutz
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008 08:11:27 PM »

Thanks everyone for the great comments!

This scarf is way too easy to need a pattern!  There is only 1 row of each color and each row is done in double crochet.  Remember, the colors of the rainbow are ROY G BIV..Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet.  So begin with the violet or red if you wish, and make a chain for as long as you want the scarf to be plus 3 chains for turning, and begin double crocheting the length of the chain.  When you get to the end, tie off and begin with the next color.  Repeat for all colors and the rainbow part is done! 

For the clouds, I used the magic circle and chained 3, and then 11 double crochets for the first round of the circle (total 12 double crochets), then slip stitch into the top of the chain 3.  Round 2: chain 3 in the slip stitch and 1 double crochet in the same stitch, and 2 double crochets in each remaining stitch around for 24 dbl crochets.  Slip stitch in the top of the chain 3 and tie off. 
You get to repeat this lovely little circle for as many times as you want--for whatever shape you plan on making your clouds.  I did 5 circles per cloud front and 5 circles per cloud back, on EACH end of the rainbow for a total of 20 circles. Sew the circles together in the shape of the cloud and sew to attach to the scarf ends.  Making a front and back to each cloud does make the ends of the scarf heavy and I suppose you could easily take white felt cut in the shape of your cloud and stitch for the back of your clouds.  I wanted a front and back to my clouds for a finished look.  I didn't like the way the scarf looked with only the cloud front sewn on, like in the last picture I posted in my initial post. 

That about does it!  It is simple and fast!  It will take you at least 2 to 3 times as long to make and sew the clouds as it will to make the rainbow part!

I hope you all make a rainbow scarf or two!  While you're at it, make a toilet paper scarf too!  Or a rattlesnake scarf, or a caution tape or police tape scarf!  I've made them all except the caution and police tape scarves.  Those are next on my list! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008 11:38:48 PM »

Thanks SO MUCH for the directions, especially for the clouds! I've been wanting to crochet something lately but didn't want to get into a big ol' project, this one sounds like it'll do it for me.

BTW, I just read the quote listed below your posts...hysterical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjacactus
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008 07:24:23 AM »

awesome! I'd love to have one also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2008 01:42:07 PM »

I like your clouds better as well!  Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

worksuckscraftrules
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008 02:29:15 PM »

this scarf made me join craftster after 3/4 years of lurking! this is so cool  Smiley i have already scampered to my largely double knit (sport) yarn stash to pull yarns for this project, and i am practically eating my hand in anticipation of starting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

is it any coincidence that the word yearn is one letter away from being yarn?
Lindsay517
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2008 10:54:01 PM »

I must make this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. -Ernest Hemingway
R41Nbeau
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008 06:23:01 PM »

AHH it's so cute!! I love rainbows... I have a huge addiction to them.
I'm so making this for the next cold season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008 12:11:39 AM »

I showed this thread to one of my daughters and told it looked like something I could do (for once), but she made one for me! Then she made one for my Oz secret pal's birthday this past week (I belong to an on-line club called Everything Oz) and she went absolutely gah-gah over it. She posted on the board and said, "I don't know whether to wear it or hang it up, it's so beautiful!"

So thank you again for sharing this awesome scarf with us...I plan to make a few for my other Oz friends at Christmas-time. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brian Jennings Talks About Censorship
Under the Dome Book Trailer
An Interview with Michael Yapko
Julia DeVillers Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Amy Reed Talks About Beautiful
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...