A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,060
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Scarf with clouds **now with pattern-post#32  (Read 19716 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

everkutz
« on: May 27, 2008 08:50:45 PM »

I made this scarf a few months ago after seeing one like it online for $50!! (picture below)  I knew I could make if for way less than that!  My teen daughter loves rainbows and I made this for her.  The scarf is double crochet.  The clouds are made up of 5 double crochet circles sew together.  The clouds are on the front and back of the scarf so if the scarf is tossed about in the wind or whatever, there is no front or back, or good side or bad side, or right side or wrong side.  

Close up of clouds:

Added 5/29/08...here's a picture of the original, expensive $50 rainbow scarf found at www.FredFlare.com  (I like the shape of my clouds better!)

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010 09:00:56 PM by everkutz - Reason: Fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
neurotic
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008 08:56:04 PM »

I love this...great job! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008 09:00:06 PM »

So...I am 24 years old and I should dress super professionally, but I have decided that I NEED a scarf like this  Cheesy

How much yarn did this take?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lidlekiss
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008 09:06:45 PM »

I love it! Saw the same scarf and thought the same thing... well... I thought my grandma could make it! I thought she had forgotten all about it until last weekend at my wedding shower when she gave it to me!

Your's is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
everkutz
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008 09:13:30 PM »

So...I am 24 years old and I should dress super professionally, but I have decided that I NEED a scarf like this  Cheesy

How much yarn did this take?

I used Red Heart Sport yarn--actually it was the ONLY yarn at the time that I could find ALL the necessary colors of the rainbow!  The skeins were the smaller ones--I think 3 ozs?--and it took less than a half skein of each.  It is a long scarf, it wraps completely around the neck and the clouds hang at the waist or a bit above.  It is a VERY simple, very quick scarf to make, although I did fuss a bit over having to make 20 circles and then sew them all together in sets of 5, and then sew a pair back to back with the scarf end inside the clouds....way too much sewing for me! 

Thanks for the compliments! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crocheting is like prostitution.  First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money.  Maybe that is why they call us Hookers?
Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008 09:22:32 PM »

Good work! 100% darling.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dawt
I heart my duplicate daughters

I know, huh?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008 09:29:24 PM »

GAH! I love it, gotta have it, and my Everything Oz group would go crazy over this! Would you mind if I shared this with them? We're always looking for something Wizard of Ozzy to make and what better than a rainbow to wear somewhere. Fabulous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everkutz
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008 09:43:19 PM »

GAH! I love it, gotta have it, and my Everything Oz group would go crazy over this! Would you mind if I shared this with them? We're always looking for something Wizard of Ozzy to make and what better than a rainbow to wear somewhere. Fabulous!

Sure, go share! (and thanks!)  If you need any help, let me know and I'll try to answer any questions.  It really is simple.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RachelKristin
rude crude & tattooed

Vulgarity is my specialty

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008 09:46:35 PM »

super awesome!! i love the clouds!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Tumblr page
http://rachelkristin.tumblr.com/

Check out my Etsy store to purchase some of my work!
http://rachelmckay.etsy.com

Do you Twitter? Follow me!
http://twitter.com/JigsawYouth

My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rachelmckay/
Esjay82
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008 10:06:18 PM »

i said before in another post about a rainbow  scarf... AWESOME!! i love it! i want one! i am going to have to make one! really great job!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chocolate-Granola Drop Cookies
How to Make Lemon Yogurt Cupcakes With Fresh Raspberry Frosting
The Science Behind the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cinnamon and Sugar Heart-Shaped Toasts
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...