A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Swap Gallery  (Read 8987 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008 10:14:42 AM »

Feast your eyes on the fantastic package I got from Martine!  I love everything!  She even wrapped items in newspaper with craft-themed images!

The first thing I opened:  a set of recycled pinbacks, redone with fabric scraps from her stash.  I love these, and I plan to wear them as a group of four.

A cassette wallet!  So fun!  And it's from an old educational cassette (even better).

A matchbook journal.  This is just great.  She made the outside from an old file folder box, and trimmed it with a chocolate wrapper from a fancy shop in Madrid.  She filled it with office paper that was printed on one side.  This is so well done.

And, my favorite:  this mixed paper journal.  The cover is made from the file folder box, and covered with an image from a 1963 science book (I can't even begin to address all the ways this is perfect for me).  The pages are salvaged from half-used thrift store notebooks!  She bound it all together with leftover embroidery floss.  And the results are just perfect.  Martine is really good at this.

Check out the pencils she put in to go with the notebooks.  They're made from paper (magazines and newspapers, I think) wrapped tightly around the lead.  I'm assuming she purchased these, because I assume you'd need a special machine to wrap paper that tightly.  Anyway, they're the perfect complement to the notebooks, and spot-on for this swap!

All these items are so great, and they're exactly the types of things I would have picked out for myself.  It's like she's known me for years, even though we've never met.  You can craft for me any time, Martine. Wink
Thanks for swapping with me, and thanks for organizing this fun swap.  I really enjoyed the challenge!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008 11:13:50 AM »

whhhhoooooowaaaa!!  check out those pencils!!!  that is toooo cool!  I've never seen that before!  wowzers!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Martine
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008 12:09:22 PM »

I'm glad you liked your package, Bigmouth!  And yes, heh, the pencils were most definitely purchased, but I thought I would throw a few in since I made you notebooks and the pencils just matched the swap theme so perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2008 03:16:49 PM »

Ok, I just wisted those pencils.  They rock!!  Great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martine
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008 06:57:51 AM »

^If you're interested, the ones I got were called "Translations Pencils" and I just ordered them from a shop online.  They should be easy enough to find through Google Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subliminalpolka
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008 10:25:10 AM »

Wow...nice!

Being a paper fiend, I can't help, but be totally enamoured of Bigmouth's notecards (anti-abortion pamphlets, heh) and Martine's journals.  Very awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008 12:29:55 PM »

I received today from Sera Unraveled.  She nailed my tastes perfectly.

First of all, a very clever wreath made from drinking straws and bits and bobs of recycled stuff, like soda cans and bottles cut into butterflies, a small bird's nest with two very small birds, lady bugs, butterflies, dragonflies, a turtle and a bee.  All my favorites.

Next, earrings and necklaces.  The first set is puzzle pieces, and they shimmer and change colors in the light.

The second set is computer keys.  I love these.

Action shot.

And the last item, my favorite, is a clock.  I had asked for a clock for my craft room.  The clock face is from a puzzle box.

Thanks, Sara.  I love everything.  Awesome creativity.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008 12:31:03 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sera unravled
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008 02:26:42 PM »

I'm so glad you like everything.  I was really worried about the wreath.  it took me a long time to figure out what I was going to put on it.

The puzzle piece earings and pendant was made from a puzzle that had a different picture on it depending on which way you looked at it.  The red one was lions and the blue one was penguins and seals.

I really did have fun making everything.

I wore the earings you made me the other day at work.  One of the ladies I worked with asked what letters I had and why.  After I told her she said, "well it's a good thing your initials aren't F.U." Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008 07:31:41 PM »

I loove that matchbook journal, Martine.  And the mixed paper journal.

Sera Unraveled - those computer earrings are a cool idea.  I wouldn't have thought to paint the keys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008 05:48:25 AM »

I really love everything in this gallery Smiley This swap has changed how I craft. I always think of what I can make from stuff before I throw it away now  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pat Mitchell: The Elitist Conversation
Pat Mitchell: Falling Forward
Pat Mitchell: Television Pioneer
How to Make a Bay-Laurel Wreath for the Holidays
How to Make a Table Top Christmas Tree
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...