A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Swap Gallery  (Read 8630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

subliminalpolka
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008 08:25:00 AM »

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I covet your Diamond fan.

My love of the wall plaque is less embarrassing.  Nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008 11:28:04 AM »

I received!  I'll post pictures later today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miyoko79: I think "be proud, young craftster blood" should be your new siggie

I've got a new blog!  Tell me how to make it better!

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008 12:50:41 AM »

The package, opened by my overeager partner-in-life before I could get my camera out.  That card is adorable.

The bangles are really cute.  I haven't advanced my knitting skills up to cable level.  I'm impressed.  But my wrists are just a smidge too big.  I'm gonna have to come up with another use for them or give 'em to my skinny cousin.   Tongue  They're made with recycled yarn, a hoop that was part of a macrame planter, and a plastic bangle.

I'm going to untangle these, then use 'em to mark important sections in my copy of Carrots Love Tomatoes.  They're bookmarks Subpolka made with her "epic stash of beads and buttons" and some string.  (I had some similar buttons that I sent a different swap partner and I was kind of missing them.  Thanks!) 

This is a sweet planter made from a CD case, wine corks, slides, and a tie.  I stuck one of my plants that definitely needs a more attractive container in it already. 

and plant markers made out of soda cans and wire clothes hangers!  I needed more of these.  Subliminalpolka wrote "because function isn't necessarily pretty," but I love 'em.  And I think the little flashy bits might keep the a@#$%@# birds away from my baby bean plants!  Here they are shown with my beloved aloe.

My favorite:

Guess what it is!

A utensil roll!  I always forget to pack this stuff when I take my lunch to work!   Comes complete with reusable napkin.  Woooot!

Thank you, subliminalpolka!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support the <a href="http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php">craftster way of life!</a>
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008 04:14:04 AM »

I'm totally stealing that utensil roll idea! That's awesome, clever, AND useful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008 08:16:58 AM »

Great package!!  I'm totally stealing the plant marker idea. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://PiNOKEEOs.artfire.com

50 projects for 2014--20/50
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=430313.msg5136721#msg5136721
Recovering from surgery and crafting again!!!
h_pets360
crankypants extrodinaire

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008 09:22:58 AM »

I donno why two of those pictures are weird (one's on it's side, the other is oddly stretched).  I fixxed 'em in photobucket, but it's not showing up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subliminalpolka
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008 10:48:56 AM »

Dag.  Sorry to hear that the bracelets don't fit; there were kind of tight on me, as well, but I just attributed that to having freakishly wide hands.  Smiley

Otherwise, so glad that you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martine
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008 09:53:48 AM »

I got my package from Bigmouth, and I'm in awe!  I love everything so much, thank you a ton Bigmouth. 
And now it's photo time so I can show it off!

This is an oven mitt made from a shrunken old sweater and some bits of yarn and cotton thread from another swap.  It's perfect because I lost my last oven mitt while I was moving!!

A cool little pouch made out of fused plastic target bags and some thrifted/saved rickrack and buttons.  It's going right in my huge purse to hold my essentials in a place I can actually find them.

A stack of really beautiful handmade paper (in green and purple Cheesy).  The best part is, they're made out of anti-abortion pamphlets--I had told Bigmouth that I was a feminist and she worked it into the crafts in such fun ways!

Some awesome handmade notecards.  They're handmade paper and the embellishments are all kinds of fun  stuff from thrifted books (and some ribbon).  The envelopes are all made out of a whole foods paper bag--each envelope has it's own little personality, too!

This is my favorite one of the notecards from above.  It has the definitions for "right" and "radical" on it, along with a cool funky solar system illustration.  I'm going to make sure I save this one for a worthy recipient!

Again, thank you so much, Bigmouth.  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008 06:55:34 AM »

Oh, I'm so glad you like it, Martine!  I thought the definition of "radical" was absolutely a hoot.  It was from an encyclopedic dictionary (the kind that comes in multiple volumes--I picked up a single volume at a thrift store once), and I think it was from the early 60s.  I think it says more about the time when it was written than it does about the actual meaning of "radical."  I thought it would be funny to stick an even older idea of an earth-centered universe on there with it. Wink

OH.  And my package from Martine came on Friday, everybody.  I've been out all weekend (found a house! woot!), but I'll try to take photos today.  Get ready for awesomeness in the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Martine
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008 09:42:26 AM »

^Yeah, when I read "unAmerican or unsound means of improving the social order" I lol'ed.  I'm thinking of a friend who would also get a kick out of it, hehe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lemon Meringue Tart Recipe
How to Make Cinnamon and Sugar Dough Balls
Channel Once Upon a Time With Magical Apple Cupcakes
How To Make Sweet And Spicy Chocolate At Home
Chocolate Chip Cookie Milk Shots
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...