A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative ways to make your own scrapbook albums?  (Read 5283 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karenchalmers
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009 09:24:43 AM »

I love scrapbooking too and tend to do it often so my albums get full very quick ! I have taken tips for the tv and from other people I know and have now managed to make myself 3 homemade albums aswell. They're all different and they also hold memories as well as the pages in them! I will be glad to help you any way i can. :-)

Karen
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009 09:37:53 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: to comply with craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011 06:58:53 AM »

i make most of my mini albums from scratch

i bought a set of spines for like 6 dollars (and i got ALOT of spines for it) and i use the chipboard from different items as covers

it involves alot of math, but i think its worth it in the end.

if you would like i can do a tutorial for you and post it here Smiley

i would do all the math parts, but it would be a good way to learn all the steps so you could do it for yourself

ANOTHER way to bind is using ribbon, my best friend uses that method the most

Oh, PLEASE do the tutorial!  Please please pretty please?? with sugar and a cherry?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011 11:28:52 AM »

I use a three ring binder and sheet protectors for my regular albums. works great for 8.5x11 paper. I can deco the folder all I want. Makes it easy for the everyday chronological type of scrapping. And way more economical than a scrapbook bought as a scrapbook. 

This is what I do, too.  And if you use those clear pocket binders, you can actually just scrapbook a cover and spine.  I'll have to take some pictures of my daughters' baby books that I did that way, and post them here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2011 05:43:38 AM »

i make most of my mini albums from scratch

i bought a set of spines for like 6 dollars (and i got ALOT of spines for it) and i use the chipboard from different items as covers

it involves alot of math, but i think its worth it in the end.

if you would like i can do a tutorial for you and post it here Smiley

i would do all the math parts, but it would be a good way to learn all the steps so you could do it for yourself

ANOTHER way to bind is using ribbon, my best friend uses that method the most

PLEASE PLEASE Pretty please with a bunch of paper and embellishments on top??? I would love a tutorial! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

World.Of.Hoard-Craft
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012 10:41:05 PM »

Heres a couple of links...
http://scrapbooking.about.com/library/weekly/blpaperbagscrapbooks.htm
This is a basic Paper Bag Album tutorial. They use eyelets as the general binding, but you could also use Binder Rings, which come in a lot of colors and you can buy at office supply stores.

http://www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com/paperbagalbums.html
This site has information on making Mini Paper Bag Albums. A nice way to make a gift for someone in an afternoon.

http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/crafts/albums/
So so so many ideas on albums!

ALSO....
Never overlook the junk you can accumulate... I mean, the crafty treasures you can accumulate LOL. You can alter playing cards, coin envelopes, manilla envelops, index cards, and manilla tags. You can turn those paper CD holders, cardboard coasters, or felt into pages of an album.
The FOUR tools I reccommend to make your own albums are- a metal ruler, an X Acto knife, Sharp scissors and a really good hole punch. I use a Crop A Dial eyelet setter to punch holes in everything- best $10 I ever spent (usually about $20).

NOW...
How are you displaying or presenting this? You can alter and decopage metal lunchboxes, recipe boxes, Altoid mint tins, or clean Pizza boxes. You can display these on plate holders, on table tops, or in a pretty basket.

REMEMBER...
In theory, scrapbooks should last for many generations. Using ACID FREE and LIGNEN FREE papers and materials assures your papers will not discolor or break down. If you make a paper bag album, the paper bags are not 'archival', there is a spray available(which is Not Cheap LOL) that can make nearly any paper safe for scrapbooking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Blog for crafty inspiration
http://worldofhoardcraft.blogspot.com/
richardm
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012 08:17:02 AM »

... get into scrapbooking, but falling down at the first hurdle - I have no idea what my actual scrapbook would be!

Well, you can try having a day at the beach, be sure you have a photo taken there.  Then gather 3 beach things, then also buy 3 cute things from scrapbook supplies and combine them! That can start your scrapbook alright.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Origami Flapping Bird
How to Fold an Origami Sailboat
How to Fold an Origami Swan
How to Fold an Origami Heart
How to Fold an Origami Ninja Star
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...