A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 311,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: chai-wiches  (Read 933 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jhenmason
« on: May 27, 2008 09:26:10 AM »

this is a delicious take on a couple recipes I found and altered from allrecipes.com
The cookies are super soft, spice cake cookies sandwiching a chai-spiced, cream-cheese icing. Please let me know if you make these and how they turned out.

Cookies:
1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Icing:
1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix, eggs and oil. Mix until well blended. Roll dough into 2 inch balls, and place them onto the prepared cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with the back of a spoon.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
To make the filling, beat the cream cheese, confectioner' sugar and all spices together until smooth. Spread between two cooled cookies.

***I would reccommend smaller cookies, because these are quite rich (coming from a desert LOVER). Be sure to shorten your cooking time accordingly.
also, it doesn't look like a lot of icing, but it will be enough for the 16-18 sandwiches you make.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

designer, photographer, painter...
                          creator of things good and girly
www.tisktisk.ca
www.jhenmason.etsy.com
Caboosey
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008 12:10:19 PM »

YUM!  These sound delicious, I think I'll get the ingredients next time I go to the store!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SciFunk
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008 03:18:48 PM »

I made these last night, so I thought I'd put in my two cents about them. They were yummy!

1. I didn't have cardamom, so I was going to buy some, but boy is it expensive! So instead I got a bottle of chai spices (which was much cheaper), and added about 4 tsp of it to the icing instead of using the mixture of spices suggested in the recipe.
2. The whole recipe made 9 cookies that were about 3.5 inches big. Each one was enough to feed a third world country for about two months. I had some friends over that generally scarf down all kinds of food, but they could barely finish one. So 9 cookies is definitely enough.  Smiley

Overall, they were incredibly delicious! Everyone who tried them loved them, and I would definitely make these cookies again. I wish I had some pictures to show you, but they got eaten up so quick I didn't have time!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree
New York Cheesecake Recipe
Weeknight Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
Maple French Toast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...