A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,852
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 13 days of Halloween swap! SIGN UPS HAVE BEGUN!  (Read 4202 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 26, 2008 08:45:15 PM »

Ok, so I have already started thinking about Halloween swaps. Yes, I am totally crazy, but I have, what I think is a great idea for a Halloween swap, and that is to do a 12 days of Halloween swap like the 12 days of xmas swap that was run last winter. Here is the link for that swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=195682.0

This will give you an idea of what a 12 days of Halloween swap would entail. The reason I am bringing it up so early is because it will take a lot of time to craft all the items (78 total!) I know that this is ALOT of halloween stuff, but there are so many people on here like me who love Halloween that I just drool thinking of all the decorations, ect. that I would have at the end of the swap...

So... I haven't exactly decided when sign ups would start, but I am think mid july for 2 weeks and then we would have August and sept to craft and then start shipping the last week of sept. first of october so that we could enjoy what we get for the whole month of October.

So the real question is, who's with me?!?!?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008 06:11:12 PM by sundayafternoonhousewife » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008 08:50:33 PM »

as the organizer of the 12 days of Christmas swap, I have to say that that swap was the most challenging yet rewarding on both the giving and receiving end. You must be dedicated to the swap and your partner. 78 items (crafted/store bought) is a lot but the pay off is AWESOME!

please take into account the monetary issues as well for this type of swap. $ for supplies AND for shipping.

I want to really deck out my new house for the holidays this year so I may just toss my hat in the ring for this one!

yay for Halloween!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008 09:08:27 PM »

I would totally be IN!  Cheesy

ETA: I like the idea of starting early so it isn't as daunting, and also so we can enjoy the items earlier!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 09:10:27 PM by zatanna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008 09:11:54 PM »

Ooh.. I love this idea! But.. I realize I'll be in Europe for most of the craftign time! oops...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008 09:24:38 AM »

I so want to do this but I am heading out on a cruise on the 26th of september and won't be back till the 6th of october. 

We are already thinking about Halloween at my house too.  But we are fanatics about the holiday anyway.  Grin

Edited: I would so be in for it!  I can just make sure my slate is clear so that I can craft and have everything done before the cruise.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008 09:29:24 AM by Cheebs » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008 01:12:29 PM »

Ok, I am so glad there is interest. I could start sign ups earlier even. I think 2 solid months of craft time would be good, but if we had sign ups the first 2 weeks of july and then started sending the last 2 weeks of Sept. that would still give enough time. I know there were stores with halloween stuff by august, but I don't remember seeing it in July. Well, let's keep this discussion going. If anyone has any suggestions or other comments, please let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
noxluff

Happy New Year! <3

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008 01:43:42 AM »

I would SO be in!  I need to look at the 12 Days of Christmas swap and see what went down in there as well.  This is totally my kind of thing- Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year!

Also, I'm going to be cheesy and suggest the swap be called the "13 Days of Halloween."  XD

I am aware that 13 days would bring it up to 91 items- but how about the requirement for the 13th day be thirteen pieces of candy?  XD  Made or bought.  Dorky, yes, but fun!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008 02:02:36 AM by noxluff » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy New Year!!!!  <3

God bless!
Cheebs

Too busy wisting to be resting...

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008 03:47:13 AM »

I love that idea, noxluff! 

I had a question about the types of things we are sending off.  Is it all crafted, or kits or can there be some bought things included in the 78 items?  I understand that the final thing should be some kind of big crafted-with-love item and of course other crafted things in there, but the rules weren't really clear in the 12 days of xmas swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zatanna
!gnitfarc naicigaM

!ytfarC

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008 08:23:38 AM »

At first I thought it was that you made 12 of the same items and you sent to 12 different people, but that was before I read hehe.

Upon reading, I thought it was a mix of small crafted and small bought. If there are large items involved, that is a whole other story, eep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008 10:05:27 AM »

I love that idea, noxluff! 

I had a question about the types of things we are sending off.  Is it all crafted, or kits or can there be some bought things included in the 78 items?  I understand that the final thing should be some kind of big crafted-with-love item and of course other crafted things in there, but the rules weren't really clear in the 12 days of xmas swap.

In the 12 days of Christmas swap our 78 items were a mix of baked, hand crafted, store bought,  DIY kits, presents for us, our kids, our pets, significant other, etc.... basically anything and everything.

The "larger numbered" days (12-7) were small/medium sized items and the "smaller numbered" days (6-1) were medium/larger type gifts where DAY1 was the best gift ever!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Crispy French Toast
How to Make a Basic Pie Crust
How to Grill a Perfect Burger
How to Make Home-Style Meatloaf
Red Beet Pancake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...