A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,753
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitty + roving = $%$^#$  (Read 2711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hobbledehoy

The Hobbledehoy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008 03:05:47 PM »

too cute, birchhl!  You can felt a ball with catnip inside- or you could make a big felty ball and soak it in catnip tea.  I bet she'd love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the shop:
http://hobbledehoy.etsy.com
the blog:
http://elizabeth-stottlemyer.blogspot.com
twitter along:
http://www.twitter.com/hobbledehoy

I'm generally open for fiber swaps!  PM me Cheesy
the_bees_knees

Artist, Illustrator, & Maker Extraordinaire

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008 07:28:16 PM »

I was going to ask this same question. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. My new kick spindle has been dangerous for my cats, since I don't usually look where I'm kicking while I use it. Luckily, they seem to be learning pretty fast.

My kitties also love acrylic yarn, and I just don't get it. I have a few skeins of it in my closet, and somehow they always get into the pink one, after which they leave me little piles of disgusting wormy looking stuff. Oddly enough, they also really like the taste of watercolor paint.

Much as I love them, I can't wait until I can afford a separate cat-free (and boyfriend-free) studio.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astryd
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008 11:59:43 PM »

Our new puppy really loves fiber. First it was the little clouds of pygora floating in the backyard (even though I cleaned that last summer, some of it is still around!). Last week I did some dyeing, and she decided to grab 8 oz balls of roving in her little puppy jaws and take off. It took two of us to get it back and involved me climbing under the dining room table behind her to get it back.

Today, she has been going upstairs and bringing me balls of yarn/fiber. I was doing a bit of cleaning today and must have left the door open to the bedroom. First she brought me a ball of red Patons Classic Merino Wool and was scolded (upstairs is supposed to be off limits!) and later, a 10 oz ball purple roving for my latest spinning project.

My mother thinks she wants red and purple leg warmers. She is definitely trouble!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008 12:00:08 AM by astryd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sprocketfox
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009 10:37:13 PM »

My 16 month old Basset Hound, Noodle is a wool theif. Honestly he is an everything thief. anything thats not supposed to be in his mouth is. I left to go to the corner store for a snack and I kid you not I was only gone for 7 minutes, and when I came back home that brat had gotten into one bag to pull out another bag tied shut that had my newest ball of corriedale/Rough coated collie roving. He magaged to get that bag opened and had unrolled the ball enough that all I saw was a trail of roving run into the back yard. Many of things have been "noodle-ized" including a bbq basting brush, rolling pin, countless socks, a straw hat (now confetti) and and entire 16oz prime rib.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lissaw70
Hi....my name is Lissa...........and I'm a craft junkie...........

Pretty please?! With sugar on top???.....<3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009 06:07:38 PM »

Grin ............LOL.... ........This thread has made my day!  I have a cat.........but she's got Garfielditis....... ...LOL...........ya know............

"Feed me now and I'll lay down and leave you alone............"

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama was wrong..........idle hands lead to fantabulous projects!!
HunterJumper33
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2009 11:16:48 AM »

My dogs back home just like to smell it. They take a good sniff and they are happy to leave it alone. I was working with bison one time and they loved the smell of it (got some pupply snot on it), but they never tried eating it. 

My roommates are planning on getting a cat soon, and i never thought about our new pet possibly eating my roving.  Lets hope not.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop Rosemary Lane Design: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RosemaryLaneDesign
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2009 03:31:37 PM »

My little one loves wire.  I'll be working on jewelry and he'll settle down opposite me and supervise my work.  When he was younger, or maybe it was me being less experienced in wire-wrapping, he'd reach out and try to grab the wire from me.  Luckily, he doesn't try to eat it, but the cut end of wire could still do too much damage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009 10:32:40 AM »

God, my cats too - Gwendolen likes to pad around the flat holding entire balls of yarn in her mouth and Eric brutally attacks any roving he comes across. They don't eat it, they just mess it all up and make my life more difficult!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009 09:33:34 AM »

My cat Pixy likes wool so much that she has eaten holes in every woolen clothing item I own. The vet says not to worry about it, but those cashmere sweaters were pricey! And my wool socks used to be so cozy. She likes things made with cotton yarn too.

Needless to say- I have to keep a tight lid on any wool fiber projects. Pixy has wiggled into duffle bags full of clothes to get at the socks in the bottom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009 05:55:50 PM »

One of my cats and my dogs work together. I keep my projects on a high desk with the craft room door closed, but occasionally someone will leave the door open, and then Pretty goes and knocks my felting projects down to the dogs, and they are never seen from again.  Or at least not in their original form. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson
Neal Shusterman: What Are You Reading?
True-Crime Writer Carla Norton on Her Fiction Work
Jeanette Walls: What Are You Reading?
Author Explains Why We Should Rip Up Our Dating Wish Lists
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...