A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whoo! I think I figured out the mechanics of resin.  (Read 904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SciFunk
« on: May 26, 2008 05:41:24 PM »

It has taken me months, but I am finally able to get batches of resin to come out without bubbles and (more importantly) fully hardened. To those of you still struggling: Keep it up! I almost gave up on it, but after a short break I tried a few more things and finally got it to work. The best advice I can offer is go check out the resin sticky, and to practice lots and lots and lots.

Anyway, here are a few of the things that I came up with. This is my very first craftster post, so I have to link to the picture. Check it out, and please tell me what you think!

Click me for resin goodies!

I'm still trying to get the hang of taking pictures, too. I'm hoping to take some more soon and do another post. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smittenheart

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008 05:45:27 PM »

it is a great feeling isnt it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

its ME!!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=327537.0

http://cowandpigdesigns.etsy.com
http://cowandpigdesigns.blogspot.com
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
HardCandy
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008 05:48:24 PM »

the stegataurus pendant = awesomeness. I also like the silver and blue star one, it reminds me of wizards. well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MaddLily

My Punk Princess

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008 05:57:19 PM »

Love them all! I plan on starting my resin training when my daughter's in summer camp. I'm all stocked up and can't wait. How long did it take for you to master?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SciFunk
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008 06:23:26 PM »

Love them all! I plan on starting my resin training when my daughter's in summer camp. I'm all stocked up and can't wait. How long did it take for you to master?

I wouldn't say that I've mastered it! I think it probably took me longer than most people, but I did.. seven or eight batches before I was getting everything to come out okay. So I guess if you're doing one batch a day then that's about a week, but if you're doing one batch every couple days it'll be a bit longer. Good luck! I look forward to seeing your pieces.

it is a great feeling isnt it..
Yes!

the stegataurus pendant = awesomeness. I also like the silver and blue star one, it reminds me of wizards. well done!
Thank you very much! The stegosaurus pendant is actually one of my favorites too. The sanding on it came out just perfect, so it's incredibly smooth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molliemoo2883
Personal Swap: anyone need bottle caps?

Easily distracted since 1983!

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008 07:47:45 PM »

Hey your stuff is awesome. I just started working with resin this weekend and I am so excited about it. I really like the glitter you used I am going to have to try that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If we could live without passion, maybe we would know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow inside. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank, without passion we would be truly dead"~Buffy
jaybee
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008 09:04:24 AM »

Very pretty! I've wanted to try resin for some time, but too afraid to try it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ammasmama

LuCkY Me, LuCkY MuD

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008 10:37:13 PM »

I love the beaker!!! Grin  They look great, and pretty pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schwthrt2
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." ~ ee cummings

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008 12:52:57 PM »

I adore the little stegosaurus! Love the beaker: Chemistry was always a fun class. I'm glad you got the hang of it...I just hope I can as well. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." ~ Groucho Marx

My Wist List
http://www.wists.com/schwthrt2
SciFunk
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008 10:20:36 AM »

Hey your stuff is awesome. I just started working with resin this weekend and I am so excited about it. I really like the glitter you used I am going to have to try that!

You definitely should--I find myself constantly thinking "Hmm.. will this fit in resin?" or "I wonder what this will look like if I put it in resin." This stuff will quickly fill your mind every second of every day if you're not careful.  Cheesy

Very pretty! I've wanted to try resin for some time, but too afraid to try it!

Do it! It's not that scary. Just get a couple small bottles and a mold and give it a go.

I love the beaker!!! Grin  They look great, and pretty pictures!
Thanks so much!  Cheesy

I adore the little stegosaurus! Love the beaker: Chemistry was always a fun class. I'm glad you got the hang of it...I just hope I can as well. Smiley
The stegosaurus one is pretty great, and I (being a chemistry major) really like the ones with flasks in them. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, just keep trying!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
90 Second Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries Recipe
90 Second Mango Upside Down Cake Recipe
Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Strawberry-Jam Hand Pie Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pound Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...