A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: best glue to use??  (Read 51300 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lylacfey
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011 02:42:29 AM »

Your glue has to be acid free for scrapbooks. ATG (Adhesive Transfer Guns) are all the rage right now in the scrapbooking world. It's an upfront cost but in the long term it's more economical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/97658832@N05/

My Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gelyafey/

Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.
World.Of.Hoard-Craft
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012 09:07:24 PM »

I use Fabri-Tac or Magna-Tac, by Beacon Adhesives. I use a coupon at AC Moore, as my Michael's no longer has either. Just a tiny bit works wonders, and an 8 ounce bottle retails for about $10 full price.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Blog for crafty inspiration
http://worldofhoardcraft.blogspot.com/
Chelsea
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012 11:03:13 AM »

In general I use Scrapbook Adhesives tape runner (the little red one). I want to get an ATG but worried about the size and where I would keep it.

I can't use liquid glue or glue sticks because I get the crap everywhere.

I also use glue dots for dimension, Xyron X for ribbon, and this sheet of tiny glue dots for anything too thin and small to get adhesive on any other way
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rockzy276
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013 01:44:46 PM »

I have found that glue dots work the best for scrapbooking. http://www.papermart.com/glue-dots-carded-dispenser/id=33996#33996
They are very easy to use and mess-free!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rustyy85
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014 05:15:22 AM »

dont mean to bump into here on my own problem but what can i use for brown packaging paper that you can buy at walmart and cardstock paper from another source? making my own invites and i need to glue the brown paper and cardstock together and it needs to stay flat..?
for the original poster: i heard that the dots are good, ive never used them because i kinda left that area covered in dust, lol. I do know elmers glue is horrible to use..

i'm fairly new too but from what i've learned/heard, acid free glue sticks and glue dots and anything that's gonna come out flat and stay that way (as in not wrinkle up the paper like regular old elmer's glue would) is perfect. people like glue dots because you don't have to wait for them to dry, they're just little dots of adhesive you peel off a roll of paper. they're like $4 for a roll of 200 dots at michael's. glue sticks are on the cheaper side, i think scotch and elmer's make some good ones. michael's also has a cheap glue stick by the brand "craftsmart", you can get a pack of 4 small ones for like $2. they're good too. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Flame Elements for Photoshop
How to Customize Football Cutouts template
How to Resize a Page in Photoshop
How to Add Texture
How to Add Photos to a Frame
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...