A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,780
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: broke as heck, ramen recipes?  (Read 8325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 25, 2008 11:36:01 PM »

I am trying to use the cheapest of materials that will fill me up.  I love ramen, and it's super cheap.  So what are your favorite recipes using ramen as the main ingredient?  Even better if you have several recipes that use basically the same ingredients put together in new and exciting ways. 

I look forward to some good eating. 

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008 11:54:50 PM »

i saw this and it made me laugh. there have been soooo many times in my life that i have eaten nothing but ramen for like weeks. lol. so, i feel your pain. but, fear not! it doesn't have to be painful. here are a few of the things i like to do with ramen.

ramen stir fry.... take the ramen, boil them up and drain all the water... take some cheapo frozen veggies (a big bag of mixed ones is like a couple bucks and it will last a while) put it all in a skillet. heat it all up and put some soy sauce on there. you can mix in some cheap krab meat (you know, the fake stuff...which is also cheap) or some cut up chicken nuggets.

ramen with cheese.... this is my husband's favorite. just cook the noodles, drain them, add a couple slices of cheap american cheese and salt/pepper/garlic/etc to taste. you could mix in ham chunks with this one.

ramen chicken noodle... boil the noodles, don't drain this time. add some mixed veggies, and add some of the chicken that comes in the packs that are diced and ready for salads in the refrigerated section. season it up to taste.

that's just a few of the things i do with them. i love ramen noodles though. i eat them even when i'm not broke. they are cheap, quick, and tasty if you fix them right. i think we are all pretty much broke right now, though. milk costs more than gas in most places. food is way too expensive right now. good luck, and i hope this helps a little!

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008 12:03:56 AM »

lol yeah it's not that I'm 'broke' but that I really need to cut back on spending and food is expensive as heck. 

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008 04:33:43 AM »

Undecided what is ramen? sorry I am from across the water....in sunny England

I am not a sheep, I dont follow....
AND please be aware, I am in England, so my spellings and sayings may seem a lil bit weird lol
Mom to my baby girls!

My baby girls!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008 06:26:01 AM »

Ramen (ラーメン or 拉麺, rāmen?, IPA: ['ɺa:meɴ], listen (helpinfo)) is a Japanese dish of noodles served in broth that originated in China. It tends to be served in a meat-based broth, and uses toppings such as sliced pork (チャーシュー, chāshū?), dried seaweed (海苔, nori?), kamaboko, green onions, and even corn. Almost every locality or prefecture in Japan has its own variation of ramen, from the tonkotsu ramen of Kyūshū to the miso ramen of Hokkaidō.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008 08:26:12 AM »

I actually have a cook book called 101 things to do with ramen noodles. If you want me to send you some of the recipes just pm me. I have lived off of ramen noodles many times in the past and this book has saved my taste buds!

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008 08:39:22 AM »

Roll Eyesahh thats what it is! soup with noodles lol sorry I dont know any recipes, but I will watch this thread closely to have a go myself

AND please be aware, I am in England, so my spellings and sayings may seem a lil bit weird lol

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008 08:46:42 AM »

Undecided what is ramen? sorry I am from across the water....in sunny England

They're like our Supernoodles http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://stevegarufi.com/ramen1.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.stevegarufi.com/ramen.htm&h=336&w=448&sz=43&hl=en&start=10&tbnid=Rb98goRF8xBPaM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dramen%2Bnoodles%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DG

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Doing what you like is Freedom. Liking what you do is Happiness.

Procrastination: art of keeping up with last week

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008 08:53:45 AM »

I've never had to live off ramen, but my son LOVES them.  He's graduating high school this year and will probably need some recipes.  I saw that 101 ramen recipes book and now regret not buying it.   LOL   

here are some links I found
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 08:59:04 AM by smashergrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008 09:41:47 AM »

ahh super noodles (got ya) when I was a poor skint student, we would mix a can of chicken soup with a small tin of tuna, then add cooked pasta, warm through and eat it! sounds RANK yes? try it its actually delish! so I bet it would work with the ramen Roll Eyes

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Bridal Necklaces
How to Make a Feather Necklace
How to Make Beaded Earrings
How to Make a Fimo Bead Bracelet
How to Make Handbag Charms
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...