A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
497 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Budget Living  (Read 8423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ksea
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2004 03:27:24 AM »

Target carries single copies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jennickell
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2005 10:37:08 AM »

I have been getting this magazine for over a year now (my hubby hooked up with free magazine subscriptions and thought I would like this one, he is so sweet) any ways, they have some really cool DIY project and ideas. And craftster.org's very own Leah was featured this month.
Just wondering what anyone elses opinion of the mag is. I just think some of there stuff isnt realistically "budget". But they give me ideas like "hey, I know I can do that for cheaper".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennybean
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2005 10:59:41 AM »

how funny you should post this ... i was just going to hunt down the old budget living thread and resurrect it.

i subscribed on an impulse after picking up an issue at the bookstore, but i'm cooling off to this magazine. it's eye candy for me, but that's about it. the ethic seems less diy and more "buy hip stuff." it seems to target upwardly mobile young professionals whose "budget living" is about equivalent to my "wildest dream"!

as for reasons i dislike the magazine (falling outside of the target audience doesn't usually stop me), i find the writing and tone annoying. all the alliteration and stupid perky phrases make me feel like i'm reading teen. example: "so stow that ho-hum hanging bag in the hanger (supposed to be hangar?) and transfer to a fancy flier built for strutting down the runway."

that said, kudos to leah for scoring a feature! the picture was great and it's really cool to see that she's becoming so successfu!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poorlittlefish
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2005 10:39:28 AM »

I say Nay.  I subscribed to it because I had heard that it was really cool but I am dissapointed. There aren't really any projects in it I would ever make and it just doesn't seem to have much substance.  I won't re-subscribe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
phro
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2005 11:48:02 AM »

I've also decided it's a magazine I can do without - I like some of the tips but not enough to keep subscribing.  I may buy it once in a while if a particular issue looks good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mlleemily

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2005 04:11:54 PM »

Money-wise, I think the stuff in the mag is not what I would call budget; however the types of homes they feature are what draws me in- they are much more interesting as reflections of the personalities of the people that created them, not cookie-cutter House Beautiful frou frou. This recent issue had the house of Matt Maranian (guy who wrote Pad) featured.

It's kinda the only home interioprs style mag for people who are kinda hipsters but not capital-D-Design, freaks, y'know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2005 04:17:24 PM »

I think it's a good mag, but it's not DIY completely.  It just has a section called 'Making It'.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2005 04:00:00 PM »

i subscribed to this once through a company and never recieved it. i can't find the information though to contact them. arg. anyway, i think i'll sign up again. though i do wish it was a bit more "budget" than it is, some of it's recommendations aren't budget at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2006 11:08:00 AM »

Budget Living has ceased publication.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
Writer78
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006 10:35:42 AM »

Budget Living has ceased publication.  Sad

They haven't informed the subscribers or offered refunds, so I called my credit card company.  They are disputing the charge and gave me a credit for the renewal I ordered in January.  If you have a subscription that you ordered recently via credit card, you might want to call and dispute.

It's a shame - it was a very cool magazine, and it stinks that hte website is still up, offering $5 bonus subscriptions.  I wonder who's paying for the web hosting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crispy Sweet & Sour Battered Chicken Recipe
How to Make Thai Fishcakes
Hoisin Chicken Wraps Recipe
Asian-Steamed Salmon Recipe
Asian-Style Poached Chicken Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...