A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fingerprint Wall Art  (Read 4337 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fabricator
« on: May 24, 2008 12:59:53 PM »

I was looking for a nice way to decorate my wall in summer sublet apartment, and I came across this post:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=215545.0

With help from several of my friends (computer imaging, tracing on an overhead, painting, cutting, and spacing) I came up with this:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010 08:58:16 PM by pixieval - Reason: revealed image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jessersmisadventures

we are the knights that say nee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008 09:33:12 AM »

Great idea! Really cool . . . makes me want to watch cheesy old mystery movies . . . hey, maybe you could "theme" out your space based on that art, ie use Sherlock Holmes or other mystery-related stuff . . . Clue, the game?  Miss Scarlet in the Pantry (with the butler) Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my beautiful, brand new shop! I am currently offering free shipping to all fellow Craftsters!

www.Palmyria.etsy.c om
degenecle
djrk

I wanna be a professional grandma

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008 09:50:25 AM »

My wife is a CSI freak, and I <u>need</u> to find a way to do this in our bedroom for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alizatina
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008 08:40:39 AM »

Wow that is really niffty xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluberryfields3
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008 02:34:11 PM »

I really like your take on this project. It is very film noir. However, I was wondering if you clue me into a few details of this project. Namely, what materials did you use and how exactly you mounted the individual tiles onto the wall? I'd love to do this in my own space, but I'm just a renter and have to deal with some strict rules from the complex administrators. I'd appreciate any info you could spare.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ivlichelle
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008 11:01:09 PM »

As a Criminal Justice major I am sooo IN LOVE with this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have A.D.O.S. -- Attention Deficit... OH SHINY!
Fabricator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008 11:39:07 AM »

I really like your take on this project. It is very film noir. However, I was wondering if you clue me into a few details of this project. Namely, what materials did you use and how exactly you mounted the individual tiles onto the wall? I'd love to do this in my own space, but I'm just a renter and have to deal with some strict rules from the complex administrators. I'd appreciate any info you could spare.

i was working on a budget (it's only for my summer sublet) so I just bought a big piece of foam core and a bottle of acrylic paint.  to make the image large, I snuck into a classroom at my school and used the overhead projector and a transparency to project the image on to the board.  After painting, i drew squares and rectangles on the back of the board, and a friend of mine used a box cutter to slice it into pieces.  it's so light-weight that I didn't have to use anything fancy to stick it up on the wall - masking tape probably would have worked.  i used this thick foam-like double-sided tape.  supposedly it's designed to come off the walls without peeling the paint.  overall it was a pretty easy project.  good luck and let me know if you have any other process questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluberryfields3
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008 04:43:34 PM »

Wow! Thanks for all the help and the mini-tutorial! I think its fabulous you used foam core. Smiley Now I've got so many ideas I hardly know what to do first. I promise to post whatever I end up accomplishing. And once again, great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fabricator
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008 07:39:45 PM »

Oh yay!  I'm so excited that I got somebody else interested in making this project.  It really was a lot of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ShayBug
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011 09:44:55 PM »

strangely odd, but very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Foie Gras for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Prepare a Japanese Bento Box for Kids
How to Make Pickled Vegetables for a Japanese Bento Box
Slow Food Fast: Dal with Poached Eggs, Cilantro and Yogurt
How to Make Rainbow Sushi Rolls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...