A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
447 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FRIENDSHIP GRANNY SQUARE SWAP R2 (JUNE) COMPLETE  (Read 6339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bettflow
« on: May 23, 2008 08:41:18 PM »

CROCHETERS, KNITTERS & LOOMERS WELCOME!!!

Swap name: Friendship Granny Square Swap R1 (May)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Bettflow
Sign-up date range: 5/23-5/31
Date to send items by: 6/23/08

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No.

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Parental consent required for those under 18!)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

I reserve the right to refuse any member who has bad communication and/or late send-outs for previous swaps!  I also reserve the right to refuse any member who participated in round 1 who's swap items have not been received by their partner.

DETAILS OF SWAP:

This is an ongoing swap, but you only sign up for the months that you want to participate.  Signups for each round will begin on or near the 20th of each month and partners will be assigned on the 1st of the month.
For this round, you will be assigned a partner on June 1 and you will knit, crochet or loom 4 8" granny squares for your partner.  The squares can be made in any pattern, but MUST be made in your partner's color preference.  You MUST use only 4-ply worsted weight yarn (Wool, alpaca, etc is not acceptable).  Just think.....it would not be good to have a mixture of wool and acrylic squares for your friendship ghan since wool is not machine washable:))  All squares MUST be mailed no later than June 20 to assure that your partner receives them by the end of the month.  All packages MUST be sent with DC and you MUST PM me the DC # when you mail your squares out.

SWAP RULES:

1. You MUST put FRIENDSHIP GRANNY SQUARE SWAP R2 in all of your PM's.
2. Once partners have been assigned, you MUST post to this thread atleast once
a week.
3. You MUST provide a DC# if you and your partner both live in the USA.  If you live in another country you MUST keep the receipt and provide a copy to your partner and me if requested.
4. You MUST PM me when you send & receive. COMMUNICATION is the key:))  If you see that you're going to be late sending, you MUST PM both me and your partner and let us know what's going on.  We all understand that life does happen and sometimes things come up that are out of our control.  If am emergency arises that will prevent you from sending your squares on time, just keep in touch and let us know what's going on and everything will be just fine:))
5. You MUST post pictures of the squares you receive from your partner in the swap gallery.  If you will not be able to post pics, you need to make arrangements with your partner to post pics for you so we can all see the beautiful squares that everyone receives:))

If you want to participate you must PM the following information to the organizer.  PLEASE....PLEASE... .PLEASE....for your protection and privacy DO NOT post this information to the thread.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of Swap: Ongoing Friendship Granny Square Swap R1 (May)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Do you plan on knitting, crocheting or looming your granny squares?
Do you prefer to receive knitted, crocheted or loomed squares?
Do you promise to use ONLY acrylic 4-ply worsted weight yarn to make your squares?
What color(s) do you want for your squares?
Do you or anyone in your home smoke?
Is it ok if you are sent squares from a smoking home?
Do you have any allergies?
What other information about yourself would you like to share with your partner?

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide  to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Ofcourse....last but not least...don't forget to post your pics in the gallery:))
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=250894.0
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008 04:25:05 PM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008 08:43:49 PM »

APPROVED SWAPPERS:

1. cat9
 2. vecr81
 3. hipmama1970
 4. ladybugger
 5. indigo_roses
 6. krazy4katz
 7. Tygir
 8. sunspotted
 9. Kookaloo_Starr
10. MoonChyld3
11. SnapsAndDrangons
12. mommy2tnk
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008 06:33:06 AM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008 08:47:26 PM »

PARTNER'S LIST - WHO SENDS TO WHO:))

SENT
RECEIVED
SENDING LATE WITH COMMUNICATION
SENDING LATE WITHOUT COMMUNICATION

ASSIGNED PARTNERS:

1. cat9 - hipmama1970
 2. vecr81 - krazy4katz
 3. hipmama - cat9
 4. ladybugger- mommy2tnk
 5. indigo_roses - MoonChyld3
 6. krazy4katz - vecr81
 7. Tygir - SnapsAndDrangons
 8. sunspotted - Kookaloo_Starr
 9. Kookaloo_Starr - sunspotted
10. MoonChyld3 - indigo_roses
11. SnapsAndDrangons - Tygir
12. mommy2tnk - ladybugger

« Last Edit: July 13, 2008 12:49:23 AM by bettflow » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonChyld3
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008 09:28:12 AM »

This sounds like such a great swap! I've always wanted to participate in a swap - they sound like so much fun!

I'm a little nervous about being able to finish 4 squares in a month (I'm not the fastest knitter or crocheter) but I think if I try hard I can do it!

Sending my info now... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008 12:40:34 PM »

you can count me in again  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
mlookyloo1
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008 02:25:38 PM »

This sound like fun. I would like to get in on this swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
mlookyloo1
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008 03:03:40 PM »

Just sent my info in Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Barbara Jean<br /><br />My Flickr<br />My Wist
sunspotted
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008 03:31:13 PM »

I'm definitely ready for round 2.  This is such a fun little swap.  Can't wait to see who my partner is and what colours they want this time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008 06:52:38 PM »

Oo, I definately want to do this again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bettflow
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008 07:29:54 AM »

Hi,
I am only home for a few minutes and will be going back to the hospital to be with my daughter shortly.  Angie's water broke prematurely at 10:30 Saturday night.  She was 36 weeks (8 months) pregnant.  Ofcourse we took off to the hospital and they worked with her, trying to induce her labor in hopes of delivering the baby naturally.  At 4:30 Saturday after the doctor made the decision that he needed to do an emergency c-section about 6:40 the baby was taken (I was in during the c-section and even got to cut the cord:))  Later that evening the baby was transported to Jackson, TN and is in the NNICU there.  His lungs were not developed enough for him to breath freely on his own.  He was really struggling to breath, so they put him under an oxygen bubble and finally had to put a c-pap on him.  Yesterday one of his lungs collapsed and he started having alot of access air that is collecting around him lungs and forming pockets or something like that.  Being medically illiterate it's hard to understand exactly what they're trying to tell us sometimes, lol.  I called this morning at 7:00 a.m. to get an update on the baby and was told that they were in the process at that time putting a chest tube in, which will be connected to a suction pump and will keep the excess air from building up.  They now have him on a respirator so that they administer pain medication.  I was told that sometimes when they start administering pain meds that it could make the baby stop breathing, so they have him on a respirator to make sure that doesn't happen until they can get him stabilized on the pain meds, then the respirator will be taken off.  As of last night, he was able to breathe on his own, but it's very hard for him and he's having to struggle, so he was place under oxygen again.  The doctor's are very reassuring and say that they expect him to be just fine long term, but they just have to get him over this hump, the lung that collapsed has to heal.  Considering that no other problems arise, they expect him to be in NNICU for about another 7-10 days.   By the way, he weighed 6 lbs 9 ounces, but they still call him a preemie because he was born a month early and his lungs were totally developed.  They say that the 36 week period is very crucial and is not a good time for a baby to be born due to the lung development, expecially for little boys.  I was told that if he had been a girl that he probably wouldn't have had any trouble, but that boys have a harder time at this stage.  Isn't that odd, lol.
Please keep our little grandson in your prayers as well as Angie.  Ofcourse, she is very upset, as all of us are.  She has not even touched her baby yet and only caught a very slight glimpse of him when they brought him to her room before leaving to take him to Jackson.  It is so hard for her to be layed up in the hospital here while her baby is fighting for his life in Jackson, which thank goodness is only a little over an hour's drive.  We are hoping that Angie will be getting out of the hospital tomorrow (Tuesday) and we'll head straight to Jackson to see the baby and will be making daily trips and spending lots of hours in Jackson until he is ready to come home.
Oh, btw, I have been staying at the hospital with my daughter so haven't had an opportunity to be online at all since the baby was born.  Early Sunday morning Angie's heart rate went up to over 220 and her blood oxygen went down too low.  So they have had her on oxygen, heart monitors and medication to get everything under control.  Thank God.....yesterday her heart rate and blood oxygen returned close enough to normal that she has been able to get rid of all the monitors and appears to be on her way to recovery.  They don't know why her heart rate increased to such a dangerous level and don't know what caused the problem with her blood oxygen.  They suspect that it was caused from a reaction to the anisthesia.  After running lots of tests, that's all they could come up with.  Atleast everything with her is returning back to normal though.
Gotta run, don't want to be away from her for long.  I'll be in touch as much as able.
As soon as I am able to be home with computer access within the next day or two, I will approve swappers for R2 and will get all the necessary updating done for both R1 & R2.
Hugs,
Betty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeffrey Deever Talks About New Book XO
How to Maintain Your Diet During the Summer
Chuck Thompson on College Football in the South
David Maraniss on the Untold Story of Barack Obama
Katherine Stansfield Performs Her Poem "Oh Bees of Rhode Island"
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...