A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft my major/minor swap?  (Read 2621 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantkarma
« on: May 23, 2008 06:46:32 PM »

Haha, I think I am going crazy with the "craft my..." swap ideas, buuuuttt...well, I was thinking about this idea...you know how there's the "Science is ART!" swap for the Bio/Chem/Physics people and the "Reading is Sexy" swap for the English/Lit/Education people and the "Art Swap" for the Studio Art/Art History people?

What if we had one big swap for everyone who is in college or graduated recently or even just wants something that has to do with their major or minor? We could pair people up with different majors/minors for some education and variety, or pair people with the same major/minor to help people envision things a different way.

Am I just a little crazy (yes, yes you are, 'karma) or does this kind of sound like fun to some people? It does to me...I miss school a little bit - at least the learning part, not the homeworking part - and would love something to get me excited about my major/minor again when fall rolls around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008 09:13:27 PM »

This could be a neat idea! I once thought a full on psychology swap would be neat (that'd be my major, though I'm graduating in a couple weeks), but I don't mind making for other majors too! My minor would be tricky though... I think =- political science focusing on international development...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweetestangel
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008 12:11:37 PM »

That sounds so cool! I am an anthropology major, creative writing minor, history minor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why do some people think being a parent is only something to do when it is convenient for you?
SciFunk
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008 11:02:14 PM »

I can't believe more people haven't responded--this sounds like a totally awesome swap idea. I approve wholeheartedly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008 01:17:55 AM »

My major is Art...with a minor in Sociology..haha crazy combo but it would be SO interesting to see what would result! I think this swap would be awesome I'd be in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
instantkarma
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008 09:24:31 AM »

Yeah, I'm a Sociology major, Psychology minor with a strong love for Religion classes as well. I would probably be minoring in Religion if I didn't know that Psychology would help my major more.

I have a feeling that this will be a smaller-sized swap, so is anyone interested in starting up fairly soon? Are there dates that would work for some people better than others?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
antarcticraft
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Head Counselor of Camp Crochet

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008 09:34:14 AM »

This is a GREAT idea! I organized the Science IS Art! swap, and it was SO MUCH FUN. There was a lot of variety - and lots of people were college students!

I'm a physical geographer/ecologist/climate/paleo person, but I used to be an anthro/history/English person, so I'd even get a big kick out of crafting outside of the sciences. Smiley Plus, as a PhD student, I'd love to be in a swap with more folks that are going through something similar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote for the winner of Crochet Challenge 9, our first Stitch-Off! For this challenge, participants explored Shell Stitch. Vote here!
ShardaeDobby
HP extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008 08:16:10 PM »

I love this idea! I'm working on a Computational Media major (such a mouthful) and a film certificate. Before anyone asks my major basically encompasses graphic design, animation/special effects, and video game design. Much fun, I get to watch movies and play video games and call it class.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ride across the Black Lake to the Fall Harry Potter Craftalong
AggieGirlKatelyn

I miss my purple and blue hair. :-(

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008 11:01:46 AM »

This sounds like fun :-) I'd totally be in for this. I'm an English major with a Music Minor and I want to get my Master's in Library and Informational Sciences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008 11:52:51 AM »

This is a pretty nifty idea! I'm a studio arts major with a minor in Digital arts & media. And I'm hoping to transfer to UCLA next year so some college craft would be cool too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Real Life Truman Show
Pardon Me!
Harriet Evans on the Book That Changed Her Life
War of the Whales
Ian Gold on on the Book That Changed His Life
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...