I'm so happy with the way this turned out!
It has it all, recycling, using up bits of fabric from other projects, and results in a funky coaster!
Yeah it could probably be neater under there, but this was a test one
Those bottlecaps you kept because they must have some use
6cm squares of fabric
needle & thread
Sew a loose circle a few mm from the edges of the fabric.
Lay the cap in the centre & pull the thread to gather round.
Secure the thread to stop it unraveling and stitch the ends down as neat as you like.
Arrange in a pretty pile of flesh & stitch the bottom edges of the caps together where they join.
I guess you could sew fabric/felt on the botton but I like the rustic-ness of them.
What do you think? I think I'm just going to keep drinking and adding to it till it covers my table!
Also, I've been playing and they can be embellished like this brooch...
Thanks! You can always ask your local bar for some, they don't normally recycle them, just throw them out.
Okay, some steps...
1. cut your fabric to approx 5/6cm squares. This is 6...
2. stitch a circle around the square. It doesn't have to be especially neat.
3. Pull the thread to gather the fabric together into the centre of the bottlecap.
4. Stitch the loose ends down & attach at the bottom with a few sitches to the next bottlecap.
5. Attach in the same way to the next, securing to the bottom of both bottlecaps.
6. This way there should be no stitches visible from the top.
Hope that's helpful!