A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 306,085
Currently Running With Scissors:
280 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jewish Swap (Signups closed, send out July 14)  (Read 11748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008 02:45:42 PM »

hey this sounds like a really awesome swap, have totally signed up and cannot wait for it to start--let the fun begin!
well... the fun will begin after signups.. lol
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008 03:54:11 PM by shayneblate08 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmphipodGirl

More projects planned than executed.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008 05:58:10 PM »

I'm so impressed with everything you made! How did your husband make the chuppah?
It's machine applique based on images from clipart.com.  It  represents our Hebrew names -- his name is Tzvi Aryeh (Tzvi is deer and Aryeh is lion) and mine is Tamar (a date palm).  It took him two months working more or less full time to make it.  I think by the end he was very tired of the jagged margins of the palm fronds...We plan to eventually have it quilted to use on our bed, but we've been married three years now and haven't gotten around to it yet.

Edited to add: it's larger than a king-size bed sheet; that's part of why it took so long.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008 06:00:11 PM by AmphipodGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for a FREE vintage embroidery transfer of mushrooms (more info in profile).
laughingsister
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008 06:52:51 PM »

There is an absolutely fabulously talented man at my shul who teaches classes on crocheted kippah - this is his web page: http://web.mac.com/pjgilliam. I haven't actually finished one, but after taking his class, I could  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quilted
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008 10:18:05 PM »

I'm so impressed with everything you made! How did your husband make the chuppah?
his name is Tzvi Aryeh (Tzvi is deer and Aryeh is lion) and mine is Tamar (a date palm). 

Wow! My English middle name is Tamar, and my Hebrew middle name is Tziyah (the feminine of Tzvi)  Cheesy What a coincidence!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
AmphipodGirl

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008 07:58:36 AM »

his name is Tzvi Aryeh (Tzvi is deer and Aryeh is lion) and mine is Tamar (a date palm). 

Wow! My English middle name is Tamar, and my Hebrew middle name is Tziyah (the feminine of Tzvi)  Cheesy What a coincidence!
Cool!  maybe you're our alter ego!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for a FREE vintage embroidery transfer of mushrooms (more info in profile).
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008 05:36:55 PM »

I've made a couple of Jewish crafty things.  I've made a cross-stitch mezuzah, but it was from a kit, and the guy who made the kits has gone out of business.  I've also cross-stitched a matzo cover.  And I worked with my husband and maid of honor to make our chuppah - we bought four wooden poles, used a textured gray spray paint on them so they looked like stone, and wrapped them in silk flowers, then attached a tallit (store-bought - we weren't that ambitious!) to the poles.  The poles now live in the four corners of our family room - hey, the chuppah is supposed to symbolize the new couple's home Smiley

I'm really glad to see so many people interested in this swap!  Smiley  If you've signed up, you should have "in progress" feedback - if I missed anyone, give me a shout.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmphipodGirl

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008 07:10:20 PM »

The poles now live in the four corners of our family room - hey, the chuppah is supposed to symbolize the new couple's home Smiley

That's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shayneblate08
Craft-aholic and not looking to quit!

Crafty Weirdo and Proud of it!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008 09:15:29 PM »

I've made a couple of Jewish crafty things.  I've made a cross-stitch mezuzah, but it was from a kit, and the guy who made the kits has gone out of business.  I've also cross-stitched a matzo cover.  And I worked with my husband and maid of honor to make our chuppah - we bought four wooden poles, used a textured gray spray paint on them so they looked like stone, and wrapped them in silk flowers, then attached a tallit (store-bought - we weren't that ambitious!) to the poles.  The poles now live in the four corners of our family room - hey, the chuppah is supposed to symbolize the new couple's home Smiley

I'm really glad to see so many people interested in this swap!  Smiley  If you've signed up, you should have "in progress" feedback - if I missed anyone, give me a shout.

i think you missed me... havent gotten any replies but maybe you didn't even get my application--did you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008 02:00:34 PM »

I got you - check your profile Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008 04:29:23 AM »

Sent in my info. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...