A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "vintage" wedding with lots of martha stuart poufs!!!  (Read 5112 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meg461
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008 06:23:37 AM »

Beautiful wedding!!!  It is so classy and timeless.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mserocks
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008 01:46:29 PM »

Ohmigawd. I love the "thank you" parasol pic SO much. I am SO going to have to remember that for mine in March!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi.

Ok, me too! www.wists.com/mserocks
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008 08:53:30 AM »

What an amazing wedding! I like that you kept it to your tastes and what you like. I think that is so important. I hate going to genaric weddings that you could pretty much take out one couple and put another in. Plus you had a lot of elements and ideas that suit me and my tastes. About how many guests did you have? Its looks like such a success.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lefty8881
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2008 03:55:27 PM »

babycakes- thank you so much!  we really wanted to have a wedding that was "us" and i think we really achieved that.  i also hate "cookie cutter" weddings and wanted to steer as far away from that as we could.

we had about 80 people which i think was the perfect amount!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008 02:54:00 PM »

so the felted flowers. How did you do that? I crochet but I am thinking that may be knitting. I have been looking at those over and over. I can't get them out of my head. Any tips?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lefty8881
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008 03:57:04 PM »

babycakes- they are knitted.  my sister actually made them for me, so sorry that i can't help you out too much!  i know that they are the tulip pattern from pickup sticks.  she used cascade 220 yarn for all of them (so that they felted evenly).  one tip if you do try to make them- put a piece of ribbon through the stem before you felt them.  that way, when you go to put the wire through, you have a spot (otherwise it will felt together and then there will be no way to get them to "stand" by themselves.)  also be sure to put safety pins at the ends of the ribbon before you felt them so that the ribbon doesn't pull through while felting. 

sorry i wasn't much help.  if you have any other questions, post and i can try to get an answer from my sister!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009 09:59:35 PM »

Hey Kristi! Well, after much anticipation (and secret planning inside my own head) I am now engaged! I am so excited. I keep referring to your wedding website for inspiration. Actually, we have chosen a place that reminded me of your reception hall. (It has dark wood beams in one part).

Anyhoo, I noticed that there are items that you have for sale. Are those items still for available. (like the candles holders?) I may be interested in taking them off your hands. Also, I love your shrug. Would your Master Knitter sister consider a special order? I would love any tips or advice that you, an experienced wedding crafter, might have! Feel free to send me a message! and you can check out our newly started wedding page at http://brookeandtanner.blogspot.com

thanks!
Brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FuzzyChocolate
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009 12:30:09 PM »

Thank you for sharing your photos. It's always fantastic to attend a wedding where the couples have taken the time to personalize it. Makes it so much more memorable and fun for the guests. There were so many things I liked about your wedding, but the thing that struck me the most was the patterned fabric centerpiece foundation. Simple, but a wonderful idea! I  am going to be sharing that idea with my niece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I didn't know I wasn't suppose to eat it.
lefty8881
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009 05:46:19 PM »

babycakes-  congrats!!  i checked out your wedding page and your hall does remind me of our place!  Smiley  the things are indeed for sale, where are you located?  i'm not sure how well the glass things would ship- and they are heavy!  was there anything else you were interested in?  i did talk to my sister about the shrug and she said that it would be difficult to do without being able to take her own measurements and have you try it on.  sorry!

let's see- as for advice...  do what you like!  there is so much pressure when you have a wedding from other people to do what is "acceptable" or predictable.  don't let other people's ideas influence you too much.  also, if you are planning on crafting a lot- don't wait!!  some things take more time than you think they will (martha poufs for example) and you don't want to have to give up something because you didn't have time to finish it all.  also, try to get helpers!  try to have a craft day and have friends/family over to help craft!

hope that helps!  sorry it took me awhile to get back to you- i don't normally check this board too often anymore!  Smiley  you can pm me with any other questions you might have though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hippie4yahweh

Dabbler of all, master of... eh, not much

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2009 11:21:15 AM »

Ohhhh, I know these!!! I've been drooling over these on the OBB pool on Flickr!!!!

Your wedding was sooooooooooooo gorgeous, and it's been a really big influence on my FI and I (we JUST started planning about a month ago!)

I LOVE it- you planned such a beautiful day, congrats!!!! (And thanks for posting and sharing you excellent ideas!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Seeing, contrary to popular wisdom, isn't believing. It's where belief stops, because it isn't needed any more."
Terry Pratchett, Pyramids
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turning Tube Socks Into Heating Pads with Jessie Jane
How to Make a Magnetic Chalkboard
How to Make a Neon Plexi-Glass Peg Board
Great DIY Easter Ideas That Your Family Will Love
How to Make Mosaic Pots
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...