A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,692
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Swap Your Craft Books and Craft Magazines (R1 will run May 22-June22)  (Read 6079 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: May 22, 2008 05:46:14 PM »

Swap name: Ongoing Swap Your Craft Books and Magazines Round 1
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: SundayAfternoonHousewife
Co-Organizer: Iheartcapnhook
Sign-up date range: Ongoing Swap, running May 22-June 22
Date to send item by: within 2 weeks of being claimed.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES! USA only please for round 1. If this works well, I will expand to international later.
If so, which country? USA

Age requirement? none (aside from the standard 13 requirement)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: This is the only 1
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES

Details of swap:
Ok Ladies and Germs, this is a new type of ongoing swap. I haven't hosted one of these before, so I will do my best to explain it while stealing tons of verbage from other ongoing swap organizers.

This ongoing swap is for Craft books and Magazines ONLY! Books and magazines do not need to be new, but they MUST be in good condition. If they are not, for example you tore some pages out of a magazine, you MUST note this when you list your item. We don't want any one to be disappointed by a magazine missing pages!

In the swap you will post which books or magazine you have which you are willing to GIVE away! You will NOT be requesting books, but rather you will make a list of books or magazines which you have that you no longer want or need and are willing to give to someone else who could use it.

This swap will run in the following manner:
This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted, and post your own list of books and magazines in response so someone can claim from you. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month, if Craftsters decide to organize a new round at that time.

At the top of your claim post, state how many claims you have made this month, and how many of those are outstanding (i.e. the recipient has not yet received the item). If you can do it in this format to differentiate between things you are claiming to receive, and things being claimed from you (sendouts), that would be awesome!
Here is an example of what to put at the top of each claim/list.
Claims:4
Claims Allowed (Outstanding):3
Sendouts Not Sent:1
Sendouts Sent:2
Sendouts in Transit:1
Sendouts Received:1

Remember your outstanding claim limit for this round: The amount of claims you may have are as follows.
Friend of Craftster: Three (become a Friend of Craftster!)
First-Time Swapper: One
Everyone Else: Two

This is how many pending at a time you may have. As soon as one of your packages is received then you may claim again.

Your list of offerings: if your list stays up for more than 48 hours before someone claims from it, you must add something to it. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your Martha Stewart from 1999, so now they can take two Martha Stewart's instead of just one.) It is up to you how many claims you want to count a magazine "cost." For example, you could have 3 magazines equal 1 claim if you choose. Books should always equal 1 claim.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  Please contact the organizer by personal message when you send the package and when you receive a package so everyone gets credit.

IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFO
: Books can be sent via MEDIA MAIL if you choose. It is a low cost alternative, but it takes a bit longer for them to arrive. Magazines can not be sent media mail because it is against Postal Regulations. You may also choose to send priority or first class, but EVERY shipment must get a Delivery confirmation number and you need to send to the receiver AND the organizer.

Photos and the Gallery:  Whenever possible, include pictures of the items you're offering in your posts, especially magazines so that we can see the cover! For books, you may post a photo of the book in your list, or you may include a link to Amazon or another book seller which would include more information about your book. There will not be a gallery for this swap since we are not making anything hand made.

This round of the swap will close around midnight, on the official Craftster clock, June 22. Feedback will be given on June 23rd for all participants who have no pending claims. Everyone whose packages haven't been received will get feedback once the package reaches its destination.

Reminders/Summary:
1. Make sure to PM both me and who you sent to when you send out, with DC number if you are both in US.
2. Make sure to PM both me and who you receive from when you receive.
3. As soon as you claim something from someone, shoot them a PM with your address so that they have it and don't have to chase you down later.
4. Lets keep this swap moving, try to stay on top of adding new things/combining items into one claim if your list stays up more than a couple days.
6. Lets try to keep this thread for lists as much as possible to save on confusion. If your list is up, you may post a "bump" after you have added something new/combined your items, but otherwise please try to post all questions/comments/requests/whatever into our  discussion thread

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Any thing you want the organizer to know that relates to this swap?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Link to Original Discussion: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=244835.0
We will also use this link throughout to discuss this swap. Please do not post comments in this thread! this is for lists and claiming ONLY!

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST OR MAKE A CLAIM UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED AND YOUR NAME APPEARS ON THE LIST BELOW OF APPROVED SWAPPERS!

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1. Sundayafternoonhousewife
2. iheartcapnhook
3. bettflow
4. iloveoctopus
5. missmoppet
6. chicomich
7. kaymadben

8. DIY ho
9. BeanaboosDesign
10. smittenheart

IF your name is struck through, then you have received feedback and are done with the swap. If it isn't you still are waiting for books to arrive, need to pm me that they have arrived, or send and then you will get your feedback!

Thanks!

HERE IS A LIST OF ALL ACTIVITY FOR THIS SWAP. IF YOU TRADE IS MARKED THROUGH, then I
HAVE gotten a PM that you got your book. If it in NOT marked through, I need to hear from you BEFORE any feedback will be given for this swap!

iloveoctopus claims retrorevamp from SAH
missmoppet claims cool girls guide from iloveoctopus
SAH claims plastic canvas books from missmoppet
missmoppet claims lion brand gifts from SAH
iheartcapnhook claims little hands from missmoppet

DIY ho claims readymade from SAH
chicomich claims vouge knitting from DIY ho
missmoppet claims the cute book from chicomich
DIY ho claims knot book from missmoppet
SAH claims 1,001 needle craft from DIY ho
kaymadben claims felted friends from SAH
SAH claims 365 and melt and pour from kaymadben
kaymadben claims 100 purses from SAH

iloveoctopus claims a bunch from kaymadben
kaymadben claims crochet hats from iloveoctopus

smittenheart claims MS living book from SAH
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008 07:31:11 PM by sundayafternoonhousewife » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008 05:47:19 PM »

Here is my list to get us started! Once you are approved,feel free to make a claim whenever you  see a book you like, then put up your list and wait for someone to claim from you.

Claims:0
Claims Allowed (Outstanding):0
Sendouts Not Sent:0
Sendouts Sent:0
Sendouts in Transit:0
Sendouts Received:0

Each Book Counts as One Claim unless otherwise noted!

100 Purses to Knit or Crochet. Brand New!

How to Make Felted Friends. Brand New!

Creative Hands: A guide to Knitting, Dressmaking, and needlepoint. This book is from 1975. It is in decent condition, but old.

A pair of older knitting pattern books with patterns for infants to toddlers. Some bent and worn corners. (these two together will count as 1 claim).

Just Gifts. Knit and Crochet Gifts from Lion Brand. Brand New!

Retro Revamp. A kitchy book of Crafts. Cover is a bit worn, but in otherwise great condition.

How to Draw Celtic Knotwork.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008 04:15:20 AM by sundayafternoonhousewife » THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveoctopus
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008 04:53:31 PM »

ok, i hope i'm doing this right, if not, i'm sorry! i am claiming retro revamp! it looks fun

Claims:1
Claims Allowed (Outstanding):2

everything counts as 1 claim unless otherwise noted

better homes and gardens easy beading

making birdhouses

cheap frills

the incredible clay book

the cool girl's guide to crochet (the dust cover is beat up, but the book is great)

crochet hats!

making beautiful hemp and bead jewelry (the cover is a little beat up)

scrap city (the dust cover is beat up, but the book is great)

sewing 101

my pictures aren't loading, but i will put them as soon as my computer wants to cooperate
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 05:25:17 PM by iloveoctopus » THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

pug hugs

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008 05:27:15 PM »

I claim: the cool girl's guide to crochet
Let me get my pictures posted now.

ALRIGHT M ITS BEEN ABOUT 36 HOURS (ALMOST 48 HOURS)  SO IM LETTING THE CUTTING THE COSTS ON THE 2 LOTS THAT HAVE 4 BOOKLETS. 

Origami book with one pack of paper & handmade book mark!

origami book with one pack of paper & handmade book mark!

crochet book with a ball of yarn and handmade book mark!

LOT OF 4 plastic canvas books.  COUNTS AS 1 CLAIM.  Plus free plastic canvas sheet & homemade book mark!

LOT OF 4 crochet ones.  COUNTS AS 1 CLAIM.  plus get ball of yarn & handmade book mark!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008 01:36:22 PM by missmoppet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

_In search of Simply Knitting magazines with Alan Dart patterns.  If you have any I'll swap ya for them!

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008 08:49:29 PM »

Ok, I am going to claim the plastic canvas books! I have never tried it, but I suppose this is the way to learn!

Sendouts Not Sent:1

Creative Hands: A guide to Knitting, Dressmaking, and needlepoint. This book is from 1975. It is in decent condition, but old.

A pair of older knitting pattern books with patterns for infants to toddlers. Some bent and worn corners. (these two together will count as 1 claim).

Just Gifts. Knit and Crochet Gifts from Lion Brand. Brand New!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

pug hugs

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008 12:49:09 PM »

Oh goodie!  Im going to claim the Just Gifts. Knit and Crochet Gifts from Lion Brand. Brand New!

BRB with my list!

This is my 2nd claim
Sendouts Not Sent:1 (because im making a bookmark before I send out)

Just want to add that with every claim you get a homemade bookmark & some craft supplies that matches the type of craft book that you pick.  So, when you claim a books I will also need to know roughly what type of things you like, animals, flowers, ect.  So I can customize a book mark to match your interests.  Thankyou!

origami book with one pack of paper!

crochet book with a ball of yarn!

LOT OF 4 crochet ones.  COUNTS AS 1 CLAIM.  plus get ball of yarn!

LOT OF 2 plastic canvas books.  COUNTS AS 1 CLAIM.  Plus free plastic canvas sheet!  make butterflies, masks & more with this lot of books!

LOT OF 2 plastic canvas books.  COUNTS AS 1 CLAIM.  Plus free plastic canvas sheet! make teacups & paltes, coupon holder, lightswitch cover, strawberry placemats, strawberry coupon holder, strawberry items galore!

Japanese Knot book.  Make rings, bracelets, keychains & more.  String included to make the knots with! 

more & more 3d origami book.  make monkeys, squirrels, balls,dragon, tiger cat & more.  comes with some origami paper & homemade book mark.

little hands big fun craft book.  comes with homemade book mark.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 08:01:53 AM by missmoppet - Reason: been almost 48 hours, adding more books. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

_In search of Simply Knitting magazines with Alan Dart patterns.  If you have any I'll swap ya for them!

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
iheartcapnhook
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008 08:19:55 AM »

OH OH OH!! I claim little hands big fun craft book from missmoppet

Leisure Arts book: Teach Me to Knit (12 Projects)

Kids Crazy  Art Concoctions - 50 Mysterious Mixtures for Art & Craft Fun

10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008 02:25:41 PM by iheartcapnhook » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008 02:20:03 PM »

In an attempt to get us moving again, I am reposting my list and I have added several new things. Hopefully this will get us going again!

Sendouts Sent:2
Sendouts in Transit:2

The Best of Martha Stewart Living Decorating Details

1 issue of Country Home from Dec 2007 AND 1 issue of BluePrint from July/ August '07 (they go together as 1 claim)

2 issue of Today's Creative Home Arts from July/August 07 and Sept/ Oct 07 (has lots of diff crafts, both together as 1 claim)

KnitSimple Fall 2006

3 issues of ReadyMade from June/July 06, June/July 07, and Aug/Sept 07 (all three as 1 claim)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008 04:12:09 PM »

I claim sundayafternoonhousewife for ReadyMade magazine.

All books are 1 claim. I will post pics asap.

101 Craft Projects Under $10

The Ultimate A to Z Companion to 1,001 Needlecraft Terms

Sweatshirts: 15+ Stylish Designs to Sew and Wear

Vogue Knitting on the Go! CROCHET Scarves
This used to be a library book, so it has the stickers/markings of that, but otherwise is in terrific condition.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

chicomich

Art by Anne-Julie Aubry

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2008 05:05:24 PM »

Yay! I'd love to claim DIY ho's Vogue Knitting on the Go!

Claims: 1
Claims Allowed (Outstanding): 3
Sendouts Not Sent: 0
Sendouts Sent: 0
Sendouts in Transit: 0
Sendouts Received: 0

Sorry, I can't find my camera, so all of these are stock photos, but they are all in good shape.

This one includes patterns, but it it missing one small pattern. >.>

This also comes with the April 2007 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting; I couldn't find a picture of it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008 05:13:47 PM by chicomich » THIS ROCKS   Logged

She who dies with the most fabric wins!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nicole Scherzinger Inspired Braided Ponytail Tutorial
How to Do a Side Bun with a Bun Ring
The Best Picks for Hair Masks
New Holiday Party Hair Ideas
How to Get Volume in Your Hair for Christmas
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...