A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Friendship Quilt Block Swap #1 /Friendship Star/ Sign-ups Closed  (Read 14514 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2008 09:35:40 AM »

AH!  Joann's is having a 60% off the spring apparel fabrics sale... I need to gather my crafting buddy and have a look at what they've got.  Like EITHER of us need more fabrics...  Roll Eyes

it's not a matter of "need"... neither of us "need" ANY fabric Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2008 04:26:41 PM »

AH!  Joann's is having a 60% off the spring apparel fabrics sale... I need to gather my crafting buddy and have a look at what they've got.  Like EITHER of us need more fabrics...  Roll Eyes

it's not a matter of "need"... neither of us "need" ANY fabric Wink

Oh, I don't know... what if someday we are FREEZING and we NEED to make pants?  Now, it is only the smart thing to plan ahead, just in case. 

Prickly Venus:  I got the ad in the mail... it's awesome!  It's like 30% off calico prints, 60% (still) off spring apparel fabrics, 40 or 50% off novelty prints...

There's some gorgeous Asian print fabric that I really want to make my daughter a little dress out of.  It's awesome, and I truly regret not getting it last time, but at least I know it'll be on sale Sunday when mcbenno and I decide to hike on up there... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcbenno

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2008 07:39:41 PM »

Oh, I don't know... what if someday we are FREEZING and we NEED to make pants?  Now, it is only the smart thing to plan ahead, just in case. 

Man, you can talk yourself into anything. "he said he HOPED she wasn't sleeping in your bed, not that she couldn't" - there's a jenicat quote.

I FINALLY got the screw in the mail that i need to hold the needle in my sewing machine, so i can FINALLY start sewing my squares. YAY! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2008 10:38:43 PM »

Man, you can talk yourself into anything. "he said he HOPED she wasn't sleeping in your bed, not that she couldn't" - there's a jenicat quote.

I FINALLY got the screw in the mail that i need to hold the needle in my sewing machine, so i can FINALLY start sewing my squares. YAY! Smiley

OKAY I do NOT remember saying this.  Smiley  But... I probably did.  Wink

I am truly going to cut my pieces tomorrow.  I tried today but my husband had the lights off so he could see the video game he was playing on the dark screen.   Roll Eyes  So I couldn't turn the light on to see to cut my squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Prickly Venus
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2008 08:29:28 AM »

I FINALLY got the screw in the mail  YAY! Smiley

OKAY I do NOT remember saying this.  Smiley  But... I probably did

We have all been there Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Prickly Venus
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2008 10:07:35 AM »

senders are sending, yay, please post in the gallery when you receive:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=248809.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Prickly Venus
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2008 10:48:01 AM »

Thanks to everyone who has sent and provided me with your delivery confirmation info, as per the original swap rules. No one asked for any exceptions to this rule, so I am of course requiring this for everyone. Thanks for your cooperation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2008 04:29:41 PM »

I currently have 11 out of 12 blocks made!  I will be sending by Saturday.  I am still out of town but will be home on Wednesday which gives me two days to make the last block.  I am excited about seeing everyone's blocks. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2008 05:40:12 AM »

Okay, I'm starting to feel like a real dummy here.

I'm having problems pressing my block when it's all together.  Where the seam allowances meet.  Okay, so I do three strips, right?  And I press the seams in alternating directions.  That's all well and good.  But on my half-square-triangle-squares sometimes when I press them they get all.... messy.  Does that make sense?  Is there an easy way to fix this?  Or just do my best, and hope my partners aren't disappointed with my feeble efforts?

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
mcbenno

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2008 08:39:23 PM »

Okay, I'm starting to feel like a real dummy here.

I'm having problems pressing my block when it's all together.  Where the seam allowances meet.  Okay, so I do three strips, right?  And I press the seams in alternating directions.  That's all well and good.  But on my half-square-triangle-squares sometimes when I press them they get all.... messy.  Does that make sense?  Is there an easy way to fix this?  Or just do my best, and hope my partners aren't disappointed with my feeble efforts?

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I'm not sure i'm understanding which seams you are having problems with... can you explain again?

and I won't be disappointed either way Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Excited for Cannes Film Festival Fashion
Diane Kruger Shows Major Midriff and More from the Prabal Gurung Dinner
Styling Tips For Great Gatsby Hair Accessories
Trend Alert: Cut Outs
Get Inspired by Nature for Your Summer Wardrobe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...