A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 60461 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 17, 2008 09:30:32 AM »

i wish all the judging was done silently. 

[/opinion]

Agreed. I can't say that I don't have judgemental thoughts about some of the secrets, but I'm sure that people might have similar thoughts about my cards. I know that I don't want some one to read my card and say things about it that aren't supportive, so I assume no one else does either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #471 on: June 17, 2008 10:28:39 AM »

If you're in the swap, as stated in the sign up you are not to judge and be harsh. Have nothing nice to say, don't say it. Or the negative feedback monster will get you. Those not in the swap, unfortunately, I can't control what they say  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
Flikk
« Reply #472 on: June 17, 2008 10:59:55 AM »

I must say I disagree with the comment about "judging done silently" people are showing opinions for what has been made, everyone is doing it, silence of something you dislike is nothing more than censorship.

Because an opinion expressed in this thread disagrees with the posted secret how does that make it judging any more so than than the majority of posts that happen to agree with it?

I don't see any judging going on here, expect maybe in response to a comment in support of Africa, so how  about we all just try to respect everyone's points of view and not throw around accusations of being judgemental?

It's all a lot of fun to see these cards, and the work that has gone into them, let's just try to focus on that and understand we can disagree on things without criticising or having to argue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
epic1313
« Reply #473 on: June 17, 2008 11:42:26 AM »

"I am so scared I will get fat again."

"I've abused my body so much I'm surprised any of it still works, but I'm not surprised by how disgusting it looks."

"I wish I was smarter, but I'm too lazy to learn."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k8thagr8
« Reply #474 on: June 17, 2008 11:52:42 AM »

i prefer not to judge the secrets posted on this board.  i really like how it is done on the original postsecret site...no comments unless you go to the forum (to which i do not visit). i wish it was done that way in this swap - keeping comments in another thread.  a nice concession was that the comments were to be made in a separate post so that those who wanted only to view images didn't have to sift through the comments to see them.  i made a decision to not post comments on the cards i received or saw in the thread because i think they should be left as they are.  i made an exception in one case that i can recall because i felt very connected to the sender and even still, my comment wasn't a judgment, good or bad. 

it is impossible to not form judgments when you see the cards, this i know.  if moving my opinions on the cards to another forum or not voicing them whatsoever is censorship, it is the smallest form of it and for me, it creates an opportunity to keep the secrets in their purest forms.  originally, and as a result of the previous round's drama, i only looked at the images, but one day, when i wasn't logged in, i saw that the comments weren't overly judgmental and mostly supportive.  so i decided to view the thread in its entirety.  do i pass judgment?  of course.  is this the place for it?  not in my opinion, nor in the opinions of the swap head honchos.

bottom line:  we signed up for a swap where we were not to judge.  that's the only reason i was comfortable joining this round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #475 on: June 17, 2008 11:53:30 AM »

fat: As long as you keep on top of things, you shouldn't change and still be able to eat things you like. *hug*

abused body: *hug* I'm sorry you feel this way, but remember the body is a clever thing! Even abused bodies can be as good as one from a person who is incredibly healthy... Not that bodies are interchangeable and such.

smarter: I believe that everyone has a specific capacity to which they learn, and then what they learn is different. Smarts has nothing to do with "studying" as such (Yeah it helps but even so) but what sticks in your mind and what doesn't. This is why I also believe IQ tests are pointless. Its only a general testing of basic information. It doesn't take into account peoples strong points. I bet if you look at your crafty knowledge compared with one of the weaker subjects, you'll see just how smart you really are! (And that's a lot)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
k8thagr8
« Reply #476 on: June 17, 2008 12:29:17 PM »

two more found their way into my mailbox yesterday.  Smiley

reads:

FOR FOUR YEARS,
I've been in love

WITH A MAN
I've never met

this one came with a kickass red bracelet:

the front reads:
I wear a red bracelet to show my strength.
My bracelet tells the people around me what I am.
The ribbon around my wrist says no to gluttony.
I use red as my code.
I feel strong in red.

I wear a red bracelet to show my weakness.
My bracelet tells the people around me that I need help.
The ribbon around my wrist says no to food.
I use red as my SOS.
I feel weak in red.

the back reads:
This bracelet helped me destroy my life, it was also the reason I got the help I needed.

and the aforementioned kickass bracelet:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #477 on: June 17, 2008 12:39:43 PM »

Wow...that's a pretty awesome bracelet and secret.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
dirtydarkdiva
« Reply #478 on: June 17, 2008 12:51:46 PM »

I am so proud of you, whomever sent the last one. You made the right choice and even though you may feel weak, you are now on your way back to living a full, healthy and happier life that you ever imagined. You have done the strongest thing you probably ever will. <3 Take care and Blessed Be.

NOTE: That kickass red bracelet is a symbol of those who are pro-ana, although usually it is a red seed bead bracelet. Those who CHOOSE to not seek help and embrace their illness wear this as a signal to others like them, so they may gain strength from each other and "motivatate" each other to keep striving for their idea of perfection. Thinspiration.
That kickass bracelet has been passed on to you to relenquish it's ass kicking power.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8thagr8
« Reply #479 on: June 17, 2008 01:02:09 PM »

(i was hoping that was the case.  it's in the process of considering which asses to kick first.  Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what WOULD willie do?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sweet Nachos
Egg Custard Tarts Recipe
Chef Makini Howell Makes Stuffed French Toast
Chef Zac Young Makes Monkey Bread
Chef Zac Young Makes Molten Red Velvet Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...