A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 63
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round 5 Gallery  (Read 58572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Langwidere

Recently rediscovered Craftster - yay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2008 08:03:05 PM »

Scared to open Etsy:  After I graduated college I didn't have anything lined up (for multiple reasons) for employment.  So, I decided to open my own jewelry business!  I had my own website, added a shopping cart, registered with my city, county and state so I could collect sales tax, printed up business cards, made invitations to an open house, organized and had an open house, bought a TON of supplies (with my credit card because I didn't have a job), spent hours and hours and hours making jewelry.  I think all told, I sold maybe enough to pay for a tenth of the money I put into it, not taking into account the time or effort that went into it also.  Financially, it was a failure, but I wouldn't consider it a waste.  I learned a lot from it, and not just how to make jewelry (which I hadn't done before). 

You should totally open up your own Etsy - you never know what people are going to like and want to buy from you.  And you never know what you'll learn along the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_trademarks
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2008 08:40:43 PM »

Etsy- My mother makes beautiful jewelry. She is a PMC artist. I think her stuff is wonderful and I always get compliments when I wear her work. However, her etsy store is kind of a flop. She hasn't sold many things and she puts unlimited hours into it. That aside she has gotten quite a few connections from it and has been offered spots in craft shows. I say go for it. Just make sure to invest (both time and money) what you can afford. Nothing ventured, nothing gained right. Wink

Not enough food- I have an obsession with making sure we have enough food. My entire family is like this. We were poor growing up and we always could buy processed food. Now as an adult I spend more than I should on food, expensive food at that. Most of the time I have to send leftovers to my brothers so it doesn't go to waste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swap for pogs, Polly Pockets (the little ones) and Gameboy Advance Games. PM me if interested!
jpoparock
Psychotic Crafting Bunny

I am the zombie queen.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: June 04, 2008 01:52:09 AM »

girl friends - hehe the only ones i get like that are from my mum, but she knows that unless its really funny, or has pictures of cute animals, not to send them to me. Which she doesnt. My mum is my best friend I think...

food - I always worry that there isn't enough food too, but I worry because I think if there isn't enough, how will I afford more when my bank balance is so low.

etsy - precisely what stops me from opening an etsy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm making a blanket for my uni room as it gets so cold! If you can make/spare any 5X5 inch squares of crochet, I'd happily swap you for something! Please PM me!
susanab
« Reply #143 on: June 04, 2008 05:23:01 AM »

Etsy--I've only sold one thing in my Etsy shop, but that was exciting enough to make me emotionally (not financially!) feel it's worthwhile.

Dogs--I have the same feelings but in a cats kind of way.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: June 04, 2008 06:10:42 AM »

girlfriends - I don't have any either...not one. I also regret no maker closer connections in high school or college. When I see two girls walking by and chatting or laughing, I get so insanely jealous. I'm also trying to get out there more, but I'm not sure how or where to start. I try the net but its always singles sites or something. Why is it so many of us don't have girlfriends and yet want them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
Purelectricity
It's electric.

I'm a paper bag in real life.

« Reply #145 on: June 04, 2008 06:10:46 AM »

Make up-  I feel like I could have wrote this card.  Make up is such a waste of time to me.  Pssh, I would rather sleep in 10 extra minutes instead of getting up to put make up on and stare at a computer that will never know the difference.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
around
mama

where are we going? why are we in this handbasket?

« Reply #146 on: June 04, 2008 06:28:12 AM »

girlfriends - i go to a local moms website, a part of our newspaper in Cincinnati, and look at all of the different posts. one section is about friends - and it's amazing how many people are just hoping to find a friend. i even found one of my real life friends on there looking for friends (which is sad because we live 2 blocks apart and she didn't talk to me about it)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the centuries are sprinkled with rare magic and divine creatures who help us get past the common and extraordinary ills that beset us

Favorite Craftster quote --
"Normal" is for chumps, suckers and saps. -TheMistressT
jrain
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2008 06:30:06 AM »

I received another card for the third day running! Cheesy

"There's a part of me that hates that everyone around me seems to be moving on with their lives - getting married, having kids, buying houses - while I feel stuck. But even more, I hate that I care."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2008 06:45:21 AM »

Girlfriends - My DH and I really have no friends to speak of, and we are pretty happy.  I'm really close to my sister who lives two hours away, but yeah it would be nice to have people to call and go out with.  Meh, I can't have everything and am so thankful for my family.  I did join the book club at the library recently and sometimes will volunteer... try that and you will meet a few people Smiley

Food - My son thinks I'm nuts... I have to have a meat, veggie, starch and usually fruit (applesauce or something) with EVERY meal, I'm so afraid my family will be hungry.

Etsy - Just go for it... I haven't dived into the craft fair circuit yet and this is my outlet to display my items.  I get excited just looking at how many times an item has been viewed, never mind selling them lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
pixie5
lover of fabric, beads, and paint

keep on keepin' on

« Reply #149 on: June 04, 2008 06:59:39 AM »

hi! these are the cards i've gotten so far

« Last Edit: June 04, 2008 07:00:12 AM by pixie5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

they could catch us, or they could kill us, but they can never crush our spirit

www.waterlizard.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 63 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Malla Nunn on Present Darkness
Elizabeth Fremantle Introduces Us to Katherine Parr
Sarah Ban Breathnach: The New York Times Bestselling Author Who Lost It All
Motherboard: Author William Gibson on Real Life Technology
Chick-O-Saurus Rex by Lenore Appelhans and Daniel Jennewein
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...