A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 308,218
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: got an old pair of jeans you're just ITCHING to recon? JEAN-A-LONG ANYONE??  (Read 28975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eelkje
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008 01:53:04 PM »

hm.....
i do have some jeans that are too big/low/ugly for my liking and i also have seen some people with jeans i really liked. A sort of skate-style baggy but smaller where your feet are and at the same time not giving one a big fat ass, with some damn i don't know the english word but not-straight seams.
any bells begun ringing?
i'll try to find a picture so you can maybe help me decide how to do it
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008 02:10:53 PM by eelkje » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are stardust, we are golden,
We are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.
Nymphara
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008 06:51:27 AM »

Hmm, just got 2 pairs of the bf's jeans to play with. And one more from a friend.... But I have 2 swaps, and rehearsals, and lessons, and work, and AHHHHHH! I think I need to do this anyway...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eelkje
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008 11:05:03 AM »

Hmm, just got 2 pairs of the bf's jeans to play with. And one more from a friend.... But I have 2 swaps, and rehearsals, and lessons, and work, and AHHHHHH! I think I need to do this anyway...

yeah. who needs tuition when you can sew your own clothes. Eat that, algebra!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunset-pig
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008 03:57:03 PM »

i'm in! i'm finally out for the summer, and i've had a pair of jeans with a broken zipper lying around all quarter.
this is the perfect motivation for me to go figure out what to do with them!

(first post, by the way- /long/-time lurker, but i finally made a screen-name!) Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyJ
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008 12:15:53 PM »

I have plenty of old jeans that I've always intended on "doing something" with. This maybe a good place to figure out what to do with them. I've done some purses out of them, but I need a bigger project to help clear out the stash. (Apparently I'm kind of a hoarder  Roll Eyes )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eelkje
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008 01:04:10 PM »

i find jeans skirts a little bit tacky (or preppy, depending on their length).
I refused to wear jeans in general for years, but since i let my mohawk down i sort of mellowed in the jeans area as well. Yeah, i know, i sold my soul Smiley

But so i really want to make pants out of my pants i think. Hm... i got an inspiration flash while i was writing this...

think think think... sketch sketch sketch... something with upside down things...
if my sketches get out of the 'so vague i could also have NOT made it' stage i will post some

nice to see there's people gathering here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eelkje
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008 03:04:16 PM »

I Started!!!

btw am i the only one posting here?

I got my hands on a pair of wonky baggy black jeans. Well actually the were my boyfriends former favorite pants so i had to do some serious brownnosing to get them. But hey, i'll do anything for a piece of fabric.

Anyway i got inspired by this kind of pants:
http://www.stayhard.se/ProdImages/f10ee563-6a40-44ef-92f9-eb5153b5724c.jpg

I like the eeehm seaminess.

My pants are not really going to look like that but they inspired me anyway.

I started with moving the back crotch part forward to get rid of some of the big buttish shape. Really works like a charm!

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008 09:34:08 PM by superstitch - Reason: please do not hotlink to pictures you do not own! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graverobbergirl
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008 06:18:08 AM »

eelkje-Glad there is someone else still hanging around this thread and craftalong :-) I like your pants idea. The pants I found at the thrift store were just my size, so unfortunately for me, no wiggle room for me to remake them into another pair of pants.

I did rethink the pinafore idea, considering the one I made out of a thriftstore acquired sheet wasn't all that flattering (I learned my lesson-no pinafores for me). My new scheme is making a crazy outerwear corset with the denim. But that may change, too...

So far, I have taken apart the pair of jeans:

I also treated them with some bleach for interesting designs:

I sort of tie-dyed them, too with thise bizarre kit someone gave me a long time ago (the die comes in strings of some sort of cotton? fiber). I didn't take any pictures of this stage yet. But I think I'm going to do another round of bleach, too before I declare the denim ready for sewing...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
HSG
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

He says I color his world

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008 06:42:05 AM »

This looks like fun to me, and I have a couple of old jeans that would make great projects. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
Help Fight Breast Cancer
eelkje
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008 11:54:33 AM »

@ graverobbergirl (cute name btw)
I saw a tutorial on making a corset out of a pair of jeans somewhere around here, must be somewhere in the recon section. Looked fairly easy, using the shape of the cut open jeans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...