A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,156
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are you working on?!  (Read 3226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008 11:24:25 PM »

I am about to start a cotton market bag, the last one I made was a disaster, it wound up seriously massive. Like I could put my 2 1/2 year old nephew in it, and have room for my 4 yo nephew too. Ok, maybe not quite that big. Not sure if it was the pattern, or my inability to crochet in the round when you join each round, resulting in an ever increasing  circle.

I also have yet to finish the bobble clutch from Getting Started Crochet. It was the whole reason I bought that book! I've made the main pieces( like a year and a half ago!), just have to join it all together via crab stitch and figure out how to line it.

And I really want to make a star baby blanket for my new nephew! (2 1/2 weeks)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
ZellaBella
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008 05:16:57 AM »

MareMare funny you say you want to start a star baby blanket i just started mine last night (i gave in). i find when i need to join things i then to put it off also  Tongue it's just boring to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008 03:55:28 PM »

The sock yarn is almost like thread, on the wrapper it calls for an E hook here is a link to it http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/magicStripes.htm says it's sports weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008 03:54:13 PM »

i know i shouldnt of since i am working on other things but i just started another baby blanket this time the star one for the CAL Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantkarma
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008 05:13:05 PM »

I'm working on a Corporate Zombie from Creepy Cute Crochet, an amigurumi squid, and I will soon be working on a crocheted tam once the Handspun swap finishes up and hopefully a belt once I find the "right" colors for it. Smiley Other than that, I'm just trying to find other things to work on...surprisingly, nothing really interests me as of yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Esjay82
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008 05:16:42 PM »

i haven't felted anything from crochet yet so i'm not too sure. i've felted from knitting but not crochet yet so this will be my first - the book said to use a m hook with a single strand of cascade 220 - single crochet.

the basic instructions for the bag i am making said to chain 86 - join with sl st and sc in round until it measures 9 inches. you sew the bottom seam. there are also instruction for a flap and a strap but i am probably going to make those different.

if you send me your email i can send you the book. there are 20 projects in it.

thanks for the info! i really want to make a bag for myself.. i have only done finished knitted felted projects.. i made a few of the 'amandas squatty sidekick' bag as christmas presents... i made myself one its a tealsih and lemongrass green colour... i dont use it cos i cant find a button i like for it!! lol! i want a big yellow one!! and even tho it doesn't really need lining i would like to line it too, maybe with yellow material to match the big yellow button that i don't have yet! or some some cute japanese fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008 06:15:08 PM »

I'm working on a Corporate Zombie from Creepy Cute Crochet, an amigurumi squid, and I will soon be working on a crocheted tam once the Handspun swap finishes up and hopefully a belt once I find the "right" colors for it. Smiley Other than that, I'm just trying to find other things to work on...surprisingly, nothing really interests me as of yet.
i get like that too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008 07:30:25 PM »

Hmmm, let's see.  I'm working on a pillow cover for my cats.  I made one for a swap awhile ago and I love how it worked out, but it's made of the evil boucle, so I hate doing it and put it off as often as possible.  I also have about 3/4 of a baby blanket done, it's for charity so I have no deadline and therefore no motivation.  Seems like there should be more of a list...  I bought the yarn for a filet afghan, but haven't started yet.  Oh and I'm working on a few little secret things for a swap. 

I made my first felted project a couple of weeks ago.  A knitting basket made with two strands of Paton's Classic Wool and a L hook.  I'm absolutely in love with how it worked out.  Here's a not great picture.  I will definitely be doing more felting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008 07:36:32 PM »

I am making some amazingly simple market/produce bags for a swap I am doing. I forget where I got the pattern, something-n-cream?? I made myself one a bit ago and I LOVE it. It actually holds a lot more than I have in it in that picture. I have used it 3 times since I made it. Smiley

It had a head of iceberg, bunch of bananas, head of cauliflower, 2 onions, 2 red bell peppers and scallions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
ZellaBella
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008 05:11:58 AM »

Hmmm, let's see.  I'm working on a pillow cover for my cats.  I made one for a swap awhile ago and I love how it worked out, but it's made of the evil boucle, so I hate doing it and put it off as often as possible.  I also have about 3/4 of a baby blanket done, it's for charity so I have no deadline and therefore no motivation.  Seems like there should be more of a list...  I bought the yarn for a filet afghan, but haven't started yet.  Oh and I'm working on a few little secret things for a swap. 

I made my first felted project a couple of weeks ago.  A knitting basket made with two strands of Paton's Classic Wool and a L hook.  I'm absolutely in love with how it worked out.  Here's a not great picture.  I will definitely be doing more felting.

what is the filet afghan going to be of? i love filet they look so pretty
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 05:53:40 AM by EmilyFlew - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting--thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Two Foot Fred Autobiography Trailer
Author Zeke Pipher on Finding Balance
Signed by Zelda Book Trailer
John Benjamin Hickey on Narrating In One Person
Molly Quinn on Narrating City of Lost Souls
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...