A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
690 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are you working on?!  (Read 2702 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZellaBella
« on: May 20, 2008 03:39:17 PM »

ok i know we have a finished projects forum but i want to know what everyone else is working on right now. mostly cause i'm bored and want to talk to someone other then my kids (2 1/2 and 8m) desperately right now

i am working on a two baby blankets:
1(close up) and 2 i'm almost done with the 2nd one

i'm also working on a granny square blanket

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008 04:44:42 PM »

i have sooooo many wips!

i have 2 starghans that are nearly finsihed,

a little bear from this pattern..
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31654
he;s done just needs eyes.. i am goin to post him in finished projects soon.. hubby took the camera to work!

Another baby blanket, November deadline

A granny square blanket, July/ August deadline

A fluffy Dog, Deadline passed in April! But its cool!

2 12" square blankets in the 12" square along on here. So they'll be finished in December.

hmmm.. there's more.. ah the prestochango baby sweater which is cute! pattern:
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternPrestoChango.asp (thats knittedtho)

ahhh 3 amis for hubby and friends

i think thats it for now.. i havent done any crochet today!!!! its the first day in aaaages thats happened tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008 05:10:44 PM »

I'm working on an afghan for my nephew's wedding the end of June but don't know if I'll actually get it done - I love the pattern but I used a variegated and the said, wonderful pattern, is lost in the yarn and so I can't decide if I actually want to finish it.  May have to come up with something else instead.

That's all in the crochet world at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008 06:00:23 PM »

Esjay82 you must be busy busy! and i thought i liked to start things Smiley

Homerof2 if you want you can post a picture and we can tell you what our thoughts on it are. i love variegated yarn for simple patterns to show off the yarn but i think soilds or changing yarns are best if you want to display a pattern
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008 06:08:50 PM »

right now i am working on the luna lovegood sweater http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0 I started it yesterday and just started the body this afternoon. I also found an ebook for crochet felted purses so I have started a modified version of one in the book. The ebook is on Wowio - you need to have a non free (gmail, yahoo) email to sign up and you can download books for free - but if anyone wants the book you can PM me with your email address and I can email it to you. (if this isn't against any rules)

this is the book at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Crocheted-Pursenalities-Great-Felted-Bags/dp/1564777502/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211332005&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 06:09:47 PM by sewpink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008 06:33:20 PM »

right now i am working on the luna lovegood sweater http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0 I started it yesterday and just started the body this afternoon. I also found an ebook for crochet felted purses so I have started a modified version of one in the book. The ebook is on Wowio - you need to have a non free (gmail, yahoo) email to sign up and you can download books for free - but if anyone wants the book you can PM me with your email address and I can email it to you. (if this isn't against any rules)

this is the book at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Crocheted-Pursenalities-Great-Felted-Bags/dp/1564777502/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211332005&sr=8-1
thats so cool that your working on the sweater i cant wait to see it when it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008 06:39:59 PM »

zellabella tell me about it.. its only when i list the things i'm doing i think ooh maybe i should try and finish some!!! lol! but i've done quite well recently with finishing things, and lots dont need to be finished for a while, they're sposed to be ongoing projects.. atleast thats what i'll keep telling myself! haha!

Homerof2 i would like to see your blanket if you dont mind showing it?

and Sewpink what size hook and yarn would you use to make a good felted purse? what stitches are best? i experimented a bit a while ago but i was just wondering what you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008 07:07:50 PM »

i haven't felted anything from crochet yet so i'm not too sure. i've felted from knitting but not crochet yet so this will be my first - the book said to use a m hook with a single strand of cascade 220 - single crochet.

the basic instructions for the bag i am making said to chain 86 - join with sl st and sc in round until it measures 9 inches. you sew the bottom seam. there are also instruction for a flap and a strap but i am probably going to make those different.

if you send me your email i can send you the book. there are 20 projects in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008 07:23:10 PM »

I got 2 stars in the works right now one is worsted weight the other is out of sock yarn. Have tons of other stuff I want to start but figured I better finish at least one of these first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008 08:08:13 PM »

I got 2 stars in the works right now one is worsted weight the other is out of sock yarn. Have tons of other stuff I want to start but figured I better finish at least one of these first.
i thought those two yarns were the same weight whats the difference? i've never used sock yarn actually
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Animated GIFs in Gimp
How to Make Videos Look Old Using Windows Movie Maker
How to Turn a Video into an XP Animated Wallpaper
How to Make Your Own Abstract Wallpapers in Gimp
How to Make a Yummy Text in Gimp
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...