A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are you working on?!  (Read 2791 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZellaBella
« on: May 20, 2008 03:39:17 PM »

ok i know we have a finished projects forum but i want to know what everyone else is working on right now. mostly cause i'm bored and want to talk to someone other then my kids (2 1/2 and 8m) desperately right now

i am working on a two baby blankets:
1(close up) and 2 i'm almost done with the 2nd one

i'm also working on a granny square blanket

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008 04:44:42 PM »

i have sooooo many wips!

i have 2 starghans that are nearly finsihed,

a little bear from this pattern..
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31654
he;s done just needs eyes.. i am goin to post him in finished projects soon.. hubby took the camera to work!

Another baby blanket, November deadline

A granny square blanket, July/ August deadline

A fluffy Dog, Deadline passed in April! But its cool!

2 12" square blankets in the 12" square along on here. So they'll be finished in December.

hmmm.. there's more.. ah the prestochango baby sweater which is cute! pattern:
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternPrestoChango.asp (thats knittedtho)

ahhh 3 amis for hubby and friends

i think thats it for now.. i havent done any crochet today!!!! its the first day in aaaages thats happened tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008 05:10:44 PM »

I'm working on an afghan for my nephew's wedding the end of June but don't know if I'll actually get it done - I love the pattern but I used a variegated and the said, wonderful pattern, is lost in the yarn and so I can't decide if I actually want to finish it.  May have to come up with something else instead.

That's all in the crochet world at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008 06:00:23 PM »

Esjay82 you must be busy busy! and i thought i liked to start things Smiley

Homerof2 if you want you can post a picture and we can tell you what our thoughts on it are. i love variegated yarn for simple patterns to show off the yarn but i think soilds or changing yarns are best if you want to display a pattern
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008 06:08:50 PM »

right now i am working on the luna lovegood sweater http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0 I started it yesterday and just started the body this afternoon. I also found an ebook for crochet felted purses so I have started a modified version of one in the book. The ebook is on Wowio - you need to have a non free (gmail, yahoo) email to sign up and you can download books for free - but if anyone wants the book you can PM me with your email address and I can email it to you. (if this isn't against any rules)

this is the book at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Crocheted-Pursenalities-Great-Felted-Bags/dp/1564777502/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211332005&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 06:09:47 PM by sewpink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008 06:33:20 PM »

right now i am working on the luna lovegood sweater http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0 I started it yesterday and just started the body this afternoon. I also found an ebook for crochet felted purses so I have started a modified version of one in the book. The ebook is on Wowio - you need to have a non free (gmail, yahoo) email to sign up and you can download books for free - but if anyone wants the book you can PM me with your email address and I can email it to you. (if this isn't against any rules)

this is the book at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Crocheted-Pursenalities-Great-Felted-Bags/dp/1564777502/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211332005&sr=8-1
thats so cool that your working on the sweater i cant wait to see it when it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008 06:39:59 PM »

zellabella tell me about it.. its only when i list the things i'm doing i think ooh maybe i should try and finish some!!! lol! but i've done quite well recently with finishing things, and lots dont need to be finished for a while, they're sposed to be ongoing projects.. atleast thats what i'll keep telling myself! haha!

Homerof2 i would like to see your blanket if you dont mind showing it?

and Sewpink what size hook and yarn would you use to make a good felted purse? what stitches are best? i experimented a bit a while ago but i was just wondering what you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008 07:07:50 PM »

i haven't felted anything from crochet yet so i'm not too sure. i've felted from knitting but not crochet yet so this will be my first - the book said to use a m hook with a single strand of cascade 220 - single crochet.

the basic instructions for the bag i am making said to chain 86 - join with sl st and sc in round until it measures 9 inches. you sew the bottom seam. there are also instruction for a flap and a strap but i am probably going to make those different.

if you send me your email i can send you the book. there are 20 projects in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008 07:23:10 PM »

I got 2 stars in the works right now one is worsted weight the other is out of sock yarn. Have tons of other stuff I want to start but figured I better finish at least one of these first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008 08:08:13 PM »

I got 2 stars in the works right now one is worsted weight the other is out of sock yarn. Have tons of other stuff I want to start but figured I better finish at least one of these first.
i thought those two yarns were the same weight whats the difference? i've never used sock yarn actually
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008 11:24:25 PM »

I am about to start a cotton market bag, the last one I made was a disaster, it wound up seriously massive. Like I could put my 2 1/2 year old nephew in it, and have room for my 4 yo nephew too. Ok, maybe not quite that big. Not sure if it was the pattern, or my inability to crochet in the round when you join each round, resulting in an ever increasing  circle.

I also have yet to finish the bobble clutch from Getting Started Crochet. It was the whole reason I bought that book! I've made the main pieces( like a year and a half ago!), just have to join it all together via crab stitch and figure out how to line it.

And I really want to make a star baby blanket for my new nephew! (2 1/2 weeks)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
ZellaBella
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008 05:16:57 AM »

MareMare funny you say you want to start a star baby blanket i just started mine last night (i gave in). i find when i need to join things i then to put it off also  Tongue it's just boring to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008 03:55:28 PM »

The sock yarn is almost like thread, on the wrapper it calls for an E hook here is a link to it http://www.lionbrand.com/yarns/magicStripes.htm says it's sports weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008 03:54:13 PM »

i know i shouldnt of since i am working on other things but i just started another baby blanket this time the star one for the CAL Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

instantkarma
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008 05:13:05 PM »

I'm working on a Corporate Zombie from Creepy Cute Crochet, an amigurumi squid, and I will soon be working on a crocheted tam once the Handspun swap finishes up and hopefully a belt once I find the "right" colors for it. Smiley Other than that, I'm just trying to find other things to work on...surprisingly, nothing really interests me as of yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

On a swapping hiatus due to college...

http://www.wists.com/cherryxantacids
Esjay82
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008 05:16:42 PM »

i haven't felted anything from crochet yet so i'm not too sure. i've felted from knitting but not crochet yet so this will be my first - the book said to use a m hook with a single strand of cascade 220 - single crochet.

the basic instructions for the bag i am making said to chain 86 - join with sl st and sc in round until it measures 9 inches. you sew the bottom seam. there are also instruction for a flap and a strap but i am probably going to make those different.

if you send me your email i can send you the book. there are 20 projects in it.

thanks for the info! i really want to make a bag for myself.. i have only done finished knitted felted projects.. i made a few of the 'amandas squatty sidekick' bag as christmas presents... i made myself one its a tealsih and lemongrass green colour... i dont use it cos i cant find a button i like for it!! lol! i want a big yellow one!! and even tho it doesn't really need lining i would like to line it too, maybe with yellow material to match the big yellow button that i don't have yet! or some some cute japanese fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008 06:15:08 PM »

I'm working on a Corporate Zombie from Creepy Cute Crochet, an amigurumi squid, and I will soon be working on a crocheted tam once the Handspun swap finishes up and hopefully a belt once I find the "right" colors for it. Smiley Other than that, I'm just trying to find other things to work on...surprisingly, nothing really interests me as of yet.
i get like that too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008 07:30:25 PM »

Hmmm, let's see.  I'm working on a pillow cover for my cats.  I made one for a swap awhile ago and I love how it worked out, but it's made of the evil boucle, so I hate doing it and put it off as often as possible.  I also have about 3/4 of a baby blanket done, it's for charity so I have no deadline and therefore no motivation.  Seems like there should be more of a list...  I bought the yarn for a filet afghan, but haven't started yet.  Oh and I'm working on a few little secret things for a swap. 

I made my first felted project a couple of weeks ago.  A knitting basket made with two strands of Paton's Classic Wool and a L hook.  I'm absolutely in love with how it worked out.  Here's a not great picture.  I will definitely be doing more felting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008 07:36:32 PM »

I am making some amazingly simple market/produce bags for a swap I am doing. I forget where I got the pattern, something-n-cream?? I made myself one a bit ago and I LOVE it. It actually holds a lot more than I have in it in that picture. I have used it 3 times since I made it. Smiley

It had a head of iceberg, bunch of bananas, head of cauliflower, 2 onions, 2 red bell peppers and scallions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
ZellaBella
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008 05:11:58 AM »

Hmmm, let's see.  I'm working on a pillow cover for my cats.  I made one for a swap awhile ago and I love how it worked out, but it's made of the evil boucle, so I hate doing it and put it off as often as possible.  I also have about 3/4 of a baby blanket done, it's for charity so I have no deadline and therefore no motivation.  Seems like there should be more of a list...  I bought the yarn for a filet afghan, but haven't started yet.  Oh and I'm working on a few little secret things for a swap. 

I made my first felted project a couple of weeks ago.  A knitting basket made with two strands of Paton's Classic Wool and a L hook.  I'm absolutely in love with how it worked out.  Here's a not great picture.  I will definitely be doing more felting.

what is the filet afghan going to be of? i love filet they look so pretty
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 05:53:40 AM by EmilyFlew - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting--thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008 05:13:16 AM »

I am making some amazingly simple market/produce bags for a swap I am doing. I forget where I got the pattern, something-n-cream?? I made myself one a bit ago and I LOVE it. It actually holds a lot more than I have in it in that picture. I have used it 3 times since I made it. Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/01516.JPG

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/01325.JPG

It had a head of iceberg, bunch of bananas, head of cauliflower, 2 onions, 2 red bell peppers and scallions.
looks good and sturdy is attaching the handle and top hard?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 05:47:46 AM by EmilyFlew - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting--thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockstarMom
Missing my crafting time

Shhhhh.... I'm using glue!

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008 02:41:34 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/01516.JPG

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/01325.JPG

looks good and sturdy is attaching the handle and top hard?
Nope, it was pretty easy. Attach the handles 1st and do an X reinforcement stitch w/ the sewing machine or hand stitch, then attach the top rim of the bag, inside and out to cover the bottoms of the handles. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spring semester is kicking my butt.
sunspotted
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008 03:34:11 PM »

Hmm, I just went to my bookmarks so I could show you a picture of the one I will be making and I can't find it.  Weird!  If I remember correctly it is three "panels" of different roses.  Very pretty.  I will be making it in pink for my grandmaman.  Hope I can find the pattern again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
ZellaBella
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008 04:31:32 PM »

Hmm, I just went to my bookmarks so I could show you a picture of the one I will be making and I can't find it.  Weird!  If I remember correctly it is three "panels" of different roses.  Very pretty.  I will be making it in pink for my grandmaman.  Hope I can find the pattern again.
i hope you can find it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cristi
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008 07:24:41 AM »

I started this yesterday.  My niece is preggers.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommycrochets
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008 07:52:32 AM »

Your star looks very pretty, I just started an afghan in double crochet yesterday, thinking about doing a few hats to prepare for next winter plus they are easy to carrie around .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008 08:42:07 AM »

I have 3 afghans on the go....or rather on hold at the moment  Roll Eyes I've kind of lost my crafty mojo  and I'm stumped for what to do to regain it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
mommycrochets
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008 08:54:06 AM »

I would try something small or do a me project. Sometimes I just take a break and read a book or watch a movie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008 06:19:59 PM »

I've set the poppets aside for a bit and am working on a "Dora and a Diego" hand puppet for my grandson.. I'm tweaking a pattern from an 80ish Leisusre arts book, Storybook Puppets to crochet. Almost finished with Diego
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewpink
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008 07:13:56 PM »

where can i find a pattern for a starghan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2008 07:23:01 PM »

here's a link to the pattern....

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html

there's a CAL on here too.... (u've probably seen it)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=115584.760

and in the CAL there's a link to a photo tute on flickr...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8645459@N07/sets/72157600301704130
 Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008 07:31:11 PM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8645459@N07/sets/72157600301704130 tut here a must have for the stars
and pattern here http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008 04:27:54 AM »

I've got three baby blankets on the go (though, one is *almost* finished... stupid border....)

What I really need to do, though, is buy some yarn for a blanket for my brother for Christmas.  It turns out the stuff I'm going to end up using was on sale at Zellers last week. *cries*

I'm also half-way through a pair of yellow slippers... oops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008 04:17:45 PM »

thanks so much for the links!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008 06:41:27 PM »

I started this yesterday.  My niece is preggers.  Smiley
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/CristiCrochets/Picture.jpg
aw very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008 06:43:03 PM »

I've set the poppets aside for a bit and am working on a "Dora and a Diego" hand puppet for my grandson.. I'm tweaking a pattern from an 80ish Leisusre arts book, Storybook Puppets to crochet. Almost finished with Diego
i cant wait to see them when you finish my son love(d) both those shows we have a go diego go potty for him (he's almost 3)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aphelia
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2008 04:50:49 AM »

I'm going to make this:

And this is what I have done today. VERY happy that I understood the pattern. Wink

I'm going to give it to my grandparents this christmas, so I have a lot of time..! I bet I'll get sick of it sometimes, so I guess that's good. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2008 04:04:27 PM »

aphelia it looks like very delicate work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2008 06:04:04 PM »

I've started my brother's Christmas present.  In an effort to avoid him finding this post via random google search, I'm going to type the theme of this blanket intentionally one key to the left for each letter: KWFI

I'd take it as a personal favour if no one translated that in this thread. (PM me if you can't get it!)

Anyhow, I'm going to need 217 blocks for this afghan... see my progress count in my signature!  The main size of blocks only takes about 20 minutes to do, so I should be able to get it done in only a few months (taking into account all of my other on-going projects!).

Once the blocks are done, I'm going to join them together using the back-loop-only slip stitch join because I've found that that leaves a bit of a "channel" between the blocks, which I think will really add to the authentic look of the afghan.

After it's all joined together I'm going to add the little "nibs" along the top.

Welcome to Project Electric Blue! (so named because my brother *hates* all things Pepsi. Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008 10:59:54 AM »

So far I've done 1 tote,1 purse,1 scarf out of a large cone of yarn.Now I'm working on a christmas rose afghan.Who knows what else I'll end up doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
ZellaBella
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2008 03:25:09 PM »

arm warmer it's getting cold!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Molly.Connelly
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008 12:59:04 AM »

I just finished some cool stuff for a swap. but I fear I'm not as good at crochet as I wish I was =/ or maybe I'm just being over critical.
I'm working on a hooded dress with some warm fuzzy grey/purple yarn.
also I bought some rice so I can make stuffed animals that you then stuff with the rice so you can microwave them and make them all warm to snuggle with. then I gotta make everyone christmas presents. I saw an adorable pattern in Crochet today for a tea set that I think I might make for my bf's cousins for christmas if I don't completely procrastinate. I'm also thinking of making bath sets for the girls on my christmas list.
I always have a billion ideas and only half of them ever get done
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aehathor
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008 02:14:58 AM »

I am working on a Link costume, from The Legend of Zelda, for my 7 year-old daughter. It is mostly crochet, but I have to sew the tunic together. So far it's fun to make. Then I was informed by my 10 year-old daughter that I will be making a Princess Zelda costume next. I haven't figured that one out yet........ Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt; don't.
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008 04:51:04 AM »

im swamped!  Im working on my 12 days of christmas swap, finishing up a craft item for a personal swap.  I need to make curtains for my BIL.  and I have to make 3 quilts for Christmas presents.  Plus, a few smaller items for Christmas presents too, like a beanie, a scarf, and a few other things.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
ZellaBella
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008 08:30:06 AM »

wow everyone seems so busy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2008 10:24:00 AM »

Let's see, I'm working feverishly on my Halloween costume (not going to say what it is since I'll probably enter the Craftster Challenge with it); and Christmas ornaments for a church Bazaar.  Oh! And a twin-sized blanket for my cousin to give to her daughter for Christmas.

After those three things, I have a list as long as my leg of Christmas presents to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2008 01:21:32 PM »

I'm working on a three toned rose/pink ripple afghan which will take forever.  I'm only on the first row and it took me over 30 minutes.  I'm an experienced crocheter so I was very surprised at how long it would take.  I'm also working on a free form afghan which is less like free form in terms of texture, but it is more or less just attaching random unfinished projects together.

When my grandmother died almost exactly a year ago, I inherited her crochet collection and lots of unfinished projects.  A lot of the yarn was trashed due to mold, rot, and other things (it was stored in a storage facility outside where there was an apparent leak), but there was also a lot of good yarn.

I also received tons of unfinished projects as well as finished projects.  The greatest thing was a pair of wedding gloves that were incredibly intricate and made of really thin crochet thread.

I'm also in two swaps right now, so I'm busy, busy, busy!

Happy crocheting everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'attienichole.etsy.com')
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pinata
How to Make Oil Cruets
Learn About the Art of Embroidery
Introduction to Yarn Sizes
How to Make Plates
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...