A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,431
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: what are you working on?!  (Read 4339 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZellaBella
« on: May 20, 2008 03:39:17 PM »

ok i know we have a finished projects forum but i want to know what everyone else is working on right now. mostly cause i'm bored and want to talk to someone other then my kids (2 1/2 and 8m) desperately right now

i am working on a two baby blankets:
1(close up) and 2 i'm almost done with the 2nd one

i'm also working on a granny square blanket

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008 04:44:42 PM »

i have sooooo many wips!

i have 2 starghans that are nearly finsihed,

a little bear from this pattern..
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=31654
he;s done just needs eyes.. i am goin to post him in finished projects soon.. hubby took the camera to work!

Another baby blanket, November deadline

A granny square blanket, July/ August deadline

A fluffy Dog, Deadline passed in April! But its cool!

2 12" square blankets in the 12" square along on here. So they'll be finished in December.

hmmm.. there's more.. ah the prestochango baby sweater which is cute! pattern:
http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternPrestoChango.asp (thats knittedtho)

ahhh 3 amis for hubby and friends

i think thats it for now.. i havent done any crochet today!!!! its the first day in aaaages thats happened tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008 05:10:44 PM »

I'm working on an afghan for my nephew's wedding the end of June but don't know if I'll actually get it done - I love the pattern but I used a variegated and the said, wonderful pattern, is lost in the yarn and so I can't decide if I actually want to finish it.  May have to come up with something else instead.

That's all in the crochet world at this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008 06:00:23 PM »

Esjay82 you must be busy busy! and i thought i liked to start things Smiley

Homerof2 if you want you can post a picture and we can tell you what our thoughts on it are. i love variegated yarn for simple patterns to show off the yarn but i think soilds or changing yarns are best if you want to display a pattern
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008 06:08:50 PM »

right now i am working on the luna lovegood sweater http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0 I started it yesterday and just started the body this afternoon. I also found an ebook for crochet felted purses so I have started a modified version of one in the book. The ebook is on Wowio - you need to have a non free (gmail, yahoo) email to sign up and you can download books for free - but if anyone wants the book you can PM me with your email address and I can email it to you. (if this isn't against any rules)

this is the book at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Crocheted-Pursenalities-Great-Felted-Bags/dp/1564777502/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211332005&sr=8-1
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 06:09:47 PM by sewpink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008 06:33:20 PM »

right now i am working on the luna lovegood sweater http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=184172.0 I started it yesterday and just started the body this afternoon. I also found an ebook for crochet felted purses so I have started a modified version of one in the book. The ebook is on Wowio - you need to have a non free (gmail, yahoo) email to sign up and you can download books for free - but if anyone wants the book you can PM me with your email address and I can email it to you. (if this isn't against any rules)

this is the book at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Crocheted-Pursenalities-Great-Felted-Bags/dp/1564777502/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211332005&sr=8-1
thats so cool that your working on the sweater i cant wait to see it when it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Esjay82
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008 06:39:59 PM »

zellabella tell me about it.. its only when i list the things i'm doing i think ooh maybe i should try and finish some!!! lol! but i've done quite well recently with finishing things, and lots dont need to be finished for a while, they're sposed to be ongoing projects.. atleast thats what i'll keep telling myself! haha!

Homerof2 i would like to see your blanket if you dont mind showing it?

and Sewpink what size hook and yarn would you use to make a good felted purse? what stitches are best? i experimented a bit a while ago but i was just wondering what you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewpink
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008 07:07:50 PM »

i haven't felted anything from crochet yet so i'm not too sure. i've felted from knitting but not crochet yet so this will be my first - the book said to use a m hook with a single strand of cascade 220 - single crochet.

the basic instructions for the bag i am making said to chain 86 - join with sl st and sc in round until it measures 9 inches. you sew the bottom seam. there are also instruction for a flap and a strap but i am probably going to make those different.

if you send me your email i can send you the book. there are 20 projects in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommycrochets
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008 07:23:10 PM »

I got 2 stars in the works right now one is worsted weight the other is out of sock yarn. Have tons of other stuff I want to start but figured I better finish at least one of these first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008 08:08:13 PM »

I got 2 stars in the works right now one is worsted weight the other is out of sock yarn. Have tons of other stuff I want to start but figured I better finish at least one of these first.
i thought those two yarns were the same weight whats the difference? i've never used sock yarn actually
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Origami Cube
How to Make Origami Balloon
How to Create an Origami Turtle
How to Create Your Own Origami Envelope
How to Create Your Own Pirate Hat
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...