A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crafts for crafty boy  (Read 2390 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2005 09:10:31 AM »

how about mosaics? those are fun and unisex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2005 11:00:32 PM »

err sorry for my unspecificness-- but maybe decorate a plain belt buckle, make your own belt out of paper/fabric/poptabs/whathaveyou or perhaps you could dive into leather working a bit? if you've got a leather shop around you,  or if you're not adverse to ordering online (I recommend http://www.tandyleather.com/) you could get a blank belt and some basic leather working tools... and then tool your own belt.. or paint it or something like that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Voco
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2005 11:51:24 AM »

Extremely cool project if you have alot of bottle caps lying around...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=8870.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Spork
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2005 01:57:05 PM »

What kind of crafts are you into? Anything can be variable.  Do some shirt transfers... buy some wood, a Dremel and a woodburner and let your mind run wild... as for leather- there are woodburners that come with leather attachments that you could play with... go get some old, beat up furniture and stain or paint, tape off designs and go that route... I don't know.

That's a REALLY general question, man- you have to be more specific!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2005 12:56:10 PM »

I'm not sure what your personal style is but you could make leather wrist cuffs (um, not the BDSM ones, the "plain" ones unless you WANT the BDSM kind).  I really like artfuldodger's idea of stencilling a manly image on a t-shirt.  The belt buckle was a good idea too. 

You could wear the shirt, belt buckle and a great pair of jeans and go out to pick up craftster-ettes.  They would eat you up!

But hey, keep crafting for your girlfriend/female friends...they won't let you go if you do! Grin

Edited because I suck at spellchecking.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005 05:27:53 AM by gaiter_girl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
CraftyGuy

Like nailing Jell-O to a tree

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005 08:54:02 PM »

So are we the only 2 guys on all of craftster? 

I feel your pain, bro!  I found this site a couple of weeks ago and made a purse book for my sweetie for Valentines Day. 

As for manly ideas...
 if you can sew, customize a jean jacket by sewing a bandana onto the back panel.  My Ben & Jerry's cows got a lot of compliements.

I just finished making a cufflink case from a cigar box.  I used "ring foam" I got cheap on ebay.  It's a bunch of foam strips covered with vinyl that's used in jewelry displays.  Works great for cufflinks, too.

I had this idea a while ago, but never did it:  take a bunch of CD cases and put pictures / fancy paper/ wrapping paper / keepsakes/random stuff in them.  Hang them in a line or grid on the wal for cheap wall artl.  I thought velcro dots would let you easily rearrange them when you got bored with the design.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ChrisHolmesArt.com Wood Constructions
grego
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005 04:44:18 PM »

renaissanceguy,

Good stuff. I did the same sort of thing w/ a cigar box. AT a thrift shop, I found a pair of LARGE tights in a crushed velvet fabric. Reddish burgundy. I glued it to some cardboard and lined the top and bottom of a cigar box.  Now Ive got a cool box for my vintage and modern watches.

As for all who asked what type of crafts Im into.
I like to sew
I can draw
I've also got access to a table saw
And I have a dark room too....

Still looking for that perfect item to make!

Grego
THIS ROCKS   Logged
evaberry
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2005 04:58:52 AM »

There's always the Care Bears costume!!!  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=15970.0

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005 12:48:07 PM »

Well, I'm not a crafty guy but I have made a few items that my hubby has enjoyed.  

One was a 'manly' travel toiletries bag.  He was going to be spending a week at a training with some his coworkers.  They were training in an old prison (he's a correctional officer)  They were sleeping on cots in the prison chapel and using an old locker room to take showers.  He was moaning around because he said that he would never live it down if he had to take my leopard print toiletries bag.  So, I bought some camo fabric, cut some clear vinyl to line it with so that he wouldn't have to worry about leaks  and added a drawstring top.  Viola - manly travel bag.

I have recently branched out into trying a few stencils and my husband like one of them so well that he has requested I do the same pattern on a shirt for him.  He loves anything 80's and thought that this Gene Simmons stencil was cool.

it's a modified version of a pumpkin stencil.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 04:04:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
KateyJN
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005 11:37:16 PM »

I sure do love a crafty guy. I too am looking for fun crafts to make FOR a guy. Guys are hard.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Beachy Waves
How To Get Temporary Bangs With Clip In Extensions
7 Ways to Wear a Head Scarf
How to French Fishtail Braid
Fix Hat Hair for Good with These Easy Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...